ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Another day another child mauled to death by a pitbull

Status
Not open for further replies.

vs540husker

Offensive Coordinator
Oct 3, 2004
This happened yesterday afternoon, and these “nanny dogs” need to go extinct.

“A 13-month-old boy was killed after being mauled by a family pit bull in Granite Bay on Friday, according to a release from the Placer County Sheriff’s Office.

Officers received a call around 3 p.m. from a house where the boy had been attacked by the pit bull. The attack happened in the living room of the house and appears to be unprovoked,according to the sheriff’s office.

He was taken to a Roseville hospital, where hewas pronounced dead, according the release. The pit bull was taken away by Placer CountyAnimal Control. It is unknown where in Granite Bay the incident occurred.”

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article235327997.html

Btw, wtf kind of statement is “unprovoked” doing in that article?! It’s a f*cking 13 month old baby!!

Reactions: Eph97 and SC_'sker

“A 13-month-old boy was killed after being mauled by a family pit bull in Granite Bay on Friday, according to a release from the Placer County Sheriff’s Office.

Officers received a call around 3 p.m. from a house where the boy had been attacked by the pit bull. The attack happened in the living room of the house and appears to be unprovoked,according to the sheriff’s office.

He was taken to a Roseville hospital, where hewas pronounced dead, according the release. The pit bull was taken away by Placer CountyAnimal Control. It is unknown where in Granite Bay the incident occurred.”

Btw, wtf kind of statement is “unprovoked” doing in that article?! It’s a f*cking 13 month old baby!!
I'm guessing maybe unprovoked means the toddler was hitting the dog. Dog just snapped. I sure wouldn't have kid that age around dogs let alone a pit bull who has the temperament of a psycho ex girlfriend even though she might have been fun, entertaining and a novelty

I had to go to the emergency room for surgery on my face, thanks to a cocker spaniel. Another time, I had to get stitches after a cocker spaniel attacked me on my paper route. If it were up to me, that entire breed of dog would be eradicated from the earth.

Oddly enough, I love pitbulls and would gladly have one in my house. Well, what might be called a pitbull. You know that's not really a breed, right? There are something like 20 different types of dogs that people group together to call pitbull.

I'm not saying you're wrong OP, but c'mon. How bout each and every one of us post a new topic today about what we're outraged about? Go write your representatives.

Dachshunds are more aggressive and more likely to attack a person than pitbulls. They have killed infants, toddlers, and grown-ups alike.

Sometimes perspective is a good thing.

BTW, this comes from someone who has owned dachshunds for 36 years.

• Haha
Reactions: IM4NUalways
my neighbors dachshunds bark at me relentlessly if i make even the slightest noise.
id imagine theyd kill me if they got loose.
im slower than i used to be, and not as fat as i used to be, but id gather itd take a good week to get the job done.

Reactions: LikeNebraska
There are approximately 3.6 pit pulls in the us. On average they kill 21 people per year. This is the same stupid argument as assault rifles. Anything can kill anyone if left in the hands of irresponsible/idiotic people. There are more important things to be concerned about in this life.

We just have a general lack of accountability. If we actually held people to account for violence with a dog or a gun we might make a difference. Too many snowflake liberals and conservatives to actually address the problem. Some people are just too stupid to have kids, own animals or weapons.. but, boohoo, its my right. No, it is a privilege you should have to earn the right to have any of the three things mentioned above..

I had to go to the emergency room for surgery on my face, thanks to a cocker spaniel. Another time, I had to get stitches after a cocker spaniel attacked me on my paper route. If it were up to me, that entire breed of dog would be eradicated from the earth.

Oddly enough, I love pitbulls and would gladly have one in my house. Well, what might be called a pitbull. You know that's not really a breed, right? There are something like 20 different types of dogs that people group together to call pitbull.
Ugggg...stop...there are lots of PB breeds sure...but everyone knows the "one" that everyone is talking about.

I would rather have a room filled with bear traps that are set and ready to go and banana peels and marbles on the floor.

Reactions: SC_'sker
a lot of apt complexes ban them and a few other breeds. no accident.

What a stupid article,like saying another person killed with a gun ban all guns.

Reactions: dsmalls3
Dachshunds are more aggressive and more likely to attack a person than pitbulls. They have killed infants, toddlers, and grown-ups alike.

I know you are joking, but probably not a topic I would joke about. We all know that pitbulls are by far the most likely dog breed to attack people and to kill people. And 2nd place is a distant 2nd.

Reactions: SC_'sker
SRELCKW5Cbo503JN52OBHws-fBHlPp_pgP3aRS0ugJI.jpg

odl1f2t7c8f21.png

LpFjVMGXPrr4-QPfLXrIFxmhPjjAUCt8VHowQYeX2LA.jpg

boeok3nbu1k31.jpg

The problem is the trash people who breed them left and right. Most end up in shelters and decent people for the most part adopt them. I would bet the ones that do attack were never adopted by these decent owners. All animals from shelters are spayed and neutered. We could outlaw breeding them but trash don't follow the law.

I blame the parents though not the dog. It was their dog and their home. They took an unnecessary risk.

Last edited:
Those are the same kind of statistics I have also seen from different sources. Pit Bull attacks are off the chart in comparison to other dogs. I'm a big time dog lover, and like them more than most people, but even I would have the entire species put down, as there is no place for an animal like that in our society.

Yup. I used to have a Dachshund. Sweetest dog in the world. She hated kids and wanted nothing to do with them

Cesar Milan says it’s the people raising the dogs that are the problem. Lots of pit bull owners are crack heads and use the dog to keep people away from their stash. But I know several people that have pit bulls and there big babies, however from little on up I was taught how to treat and deal with dogs especially bigger ones. You learn to understand the dogs actions. You learn to back off. And yes you don’t have little kids around them. Hell we won’t let small children around our German shepherd unless the child is basically sitting on the adults lap. And we still watch the dog like a hawk

Reactions: tpmcg and c3o
Those are the same kind of statistics I have also seen from different sources. Pit Bull attacks are off the chart in comparison to other dogs. I'm a big time dog lover, and like them more than most people, but even I would have the entire species put down, as there is no place for an animal like that in our society.
overbreeding and poor ownership ruined them. i thought about getting a pit mix a couple years ago, but backed off when a couple of ‘em gnawed an old lady’s head off here in okc.
dont need that liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT