ADVERTISEMENT

OT- A&E ..Macho Man Savage...

The Rock was always my favorite. I don't think anybody before or since could work a crowd quite like he can. His Wrestlemania trilogy with Stone Cold Steve Austin should be required viewing!

I really didn't watch much during the Monday Night Wars, I started watching a little while before the Invasion angle. I didn't hate it as much as many did, but they really did botch it compared to the potential it had.

After The Rock and Stone Cold retired/left, I only watch here and there and read to catch up. I will say, I think they are wasting a HUGE talent in Bray Wyatt. He had the potential to be this generation's Undertaker, but they just won't give him a legitimate sustained push. He does a great job with every character he's given, but despite that they keep having him lose match after match whenever he gets any momentum.

Reactions: tarheelhusker
The Rock was always my favorite. I don't think anybody before or since could work a crowd quite like he can. His Wrestlemania trilogy with Stone Cold Steve Austin should be required viewing!

I really didn't watch much during the Monday Night Wars, I started watching a little while before the Invasion angle. I didn't hate it as much as many did, but they really did botch it compared to the potential it had.

After The Rock and Stone Cold retired/left, I only watch here and there and read to catch up. I will say, I think they are wasting a HUGE talent in Bray Wyatt. He had the potential to be this generation's Undertaker, but they just won't give him a legitimate sustained push. He does a great job with every character he's given, but despite that they keep having him lose match after match whenever he gets any momentum.
Watching Stone Cold thing on the A&E and it is amazing how he almost single handedly brought the Attitude era into the WWE. Before he was the anti-establishment, boss hating, real life character, the characters were all cartoonish type. The McMahon and Stone Cold angle had the crowd worked into a frenzy. At the time, when you heard the glass break, the crowd went nuts.

Stone Cold:
[to The Rock the week before WrestleMania XV] For the last few weeks, I come out here and I sit out here and listen to you spin your little nursery rhymes about Jabroni Avenue or Know Your Role Boulevard. You better get your ass serious because Stone Cold Steve Austin is gonna take his ass to Philadelphia, check right in to the Smack Down Hotel, roll right into room 316 and burn that son of a bitch to the ground!

Bill Goldberg is the greatest tactician that the squared circle has ever seen.

-eric bischoff

Never cared about pro wrestling that much. My friend told me to watch the biography series and I was totally reluctant. After the first one, I was hooked. The most recent bio about the Macho Man was the best one yet. Highly entertaining series. And very sad at times. Fake or not, I have a new respect for what these people put their bodies through.

Watching Stone Cold thing on the A&E and it is amazing how he almost single handedly brought the Attitude era into the WWE. Before he was the anti-establishment, boss hating, real life character, the characters were all cartoonish type. The McMahon and Stone Cold angle had the crowd worked into a frenzy. At the time, when you heard the glass break, the crowd went nuts.
While Austin was breaking through at the time DX being formed and going after the establishment and Vince really started the attitude era. WWE was getting killed in the ratings by WCW and they needed a new image. So, after Montreal and Bret left in 97 it was all DX and HBK. They in turn passed the torch to Austin 98 when Shawn dropped the belt after his back injury who then had a great run. Then on to the Rock. Then...nobody. Their isn't one wrestler there now that can hold a candle to anyone of those I mentioned from the attitude era.

Last edited:
There was an Andre the Giant biography on A&E a couple of weeks ago. Very sad story.
Bottom line is the human body is not designed for the kind of growth he experienced due to out of whack glands. The condition caused painful growth spurts, painful joints and other aches and pains. Probably was part of the reason for his excessive drinking. I don't think giants live long, so even without his lifestyle and the drinking he probably wouldn't have lived much longer than his death at 47. Robert Wadlow, tallest man ever lived to only 22. Yes, the biography was sad.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Some of the lesser knowns but still good. Ricky the Dragon Steamboat, Jimmy Superfly Snuka, Barry Windham, Tito Santana, Road Warriors Hawk and Animal. Mr Wonderful Paul Orndorf. Junkyard Dog, George the Animal Steele
Two of my favs from childhood. Also love George the Animal Steele eating turnbuckles. Great stuff back then.

Reactions: HBK4life
Baron Von Raschee (spelling error) went to North High

Tef DiBiase went to Creighton Prep. His father, Iron Mike DiBiase, was also a pro rassler.

Yeah I saw that. What an idiot.
Is Taiwan a country? Few Americans know, or care to know, that answer. Cena would have been better off saying "my bad. I don't know my geography very well. Taiwan isn't a country." And leave it at that. Instead tried to be all apologetic about it and now he looks weak to American fans and still some of his Chinese fans doubt his sincerity.

ADVERTISEMENT