prnSZdvl.jpg

gw6wD9bl.jpg

dcDTw3Ol.jpg

BySieU2l.jpg

AoeOUpVl.jpg

uBECJNFl.jpg

i really like that part of the state.
its really quite unique.

Saw the coolest thing at Chimney Rock in 1991 or 1992. I was out in Scottsbluff when a series of typical summer thunderstorms came through. A tourist at Chimney Rock happened to be taking a movie of the formation when it was struck by lightning. A huge chunk of rock broke off and crashed to the valley below. The Scottsbluff TV station bought the video clip from the tourist and showed it over and over. It was fascinating.

as a 14 yr. olds we would ride our bikes from bayard 4 miles away,usually 3 of us with single shot 22's with our parents permission to go find rattlesnakes shoot them and collect the rattler.then we would show them off in school. i left 62 years ago but i still call it home. gbr
So how many rattles did you collect? Just don’t leave us hanging

baxter 48,we would shoot 2 or 3 rattlers a trip kind of hard with a single shot 22 cause they go sideways,the rattler has indentures,and they say each one represents a year of life,dont know if thats true. of the three kids johnny ensser grew and later outshot the famed nebraskan olympian anderson in a local meet.

ADVERTISEMENT