ADVERTISEMENT

OT: A Drive Through Western Nebraska - Pt 1 Chadron

bigboxes

Nebraska Legend
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
I figure now is a good time to post something positive. In 2018, I traveled through Western Nebraska on my way back to Texas on my 25th wedding anniversary trip. I posted a few pics, but maybe some of you guys would like to see more of these towns. Today, we start with Chadron. The date is May 23, 2018.

Kw240Acl.jpg

6Y18zC4l.jpg

aKlWUO6l.jpg

VQVxOppl.jpg

vv9pPb9l.jpg

7K86DxPl.jpg

6zJXAgFl.jpg

VWbJtX4l.jpg

64ghDaDl.jpg

nqMkbD0l.jpg

76mcPful.jpg

bz6qoEJl.jpg

KSGLdknl.jpg

T6EfVMTl.jpg

VLsFZ3zl.jpg

F5hnPhAl.jpg

8y7Wde0l.jpg

udnmkmyl.jpg

2rZdt1ul.jpg

Fx9EK9Vl.jpg

qDawk6ul.jpg

yY9nRmRl.jpg

HdTFPfml.jpg

c5yEmFyl.jpg

IPgQxdml.jpg

A0oiKiXl.jpg

heCeatKl.jpg

zSZ5X3Fl.jpg

Lbnat9kl.jpg

EAYNYEfl.jpg

lUDIxWLl.jpg

ye2E0TYl.jpg

lY5ovPIl.jpg

2FxqPX2l.jpg

uqAGTNAl.jpg

Last edited:
I figure now is a good time to post something positive. In 2018, I traveled through Western Nebraska on my way back to Texas on my 25th wedding anniversary trip. I posted a few pics, but maybe some of you guys would like to see more of these towns. Today, we start with Chadron. The date is May 23, 2018.

Kw240Acl.jpg

6Y18zC4l.jpg

aKlWUO6l.jpg

VQVxOppl.jpg

vv9pPb9l.jpg

7K86DxPl.jpg

6zJXAgFl.jpg

VWbJtX4l.jpg

64ghDaDl.jpg

nqMkbD0l.jpg

UoebQiwl.jpg

ccZE7JZl.jpg

KSGLdknl.jpg

T6EfVMTl.jpg

VLsFZ3zl.jpg

F5hnPhAl.jpg

adCxIZal.jpg

udnmkmyl.jpg

2rZdt1ul.jpg

Fx9EK9Vl.jpg

qDawk6ul.jpg

yY9nRmRl.jpg

HdTFPfml.jpg

c5yEmFyl.jpg

F46VN7Rl.jpg

A0oiKiXl.jpg

heCeatKl.jpg

zSZ5X3Fl.jpg

Lbnat9kl.jpg

EAYNYEfl.jpg

lUDIxWLl.jpg

ye2E0TYl.jpg

lY5ovPIl.jpg

2FxqPX2l.jpg

CFDFsIBl.jpg
This born-and-bred eastern Nebraskan "discovered" the rest of the state in the 80s when my then-job took me from Falls City to Harrison and South Sioux to McCook. I love the western part of the state and, in fact, will be in Valentine in two weeks for some relaxation. If you have any pictures of Chadron State College butting right up against the buttes to the south, please add them. What a beautiful part of the planet.
post: 6140527, member: 4926"]I figure now is a good time to post something positive. In 2018, I traveled through Western Nebraska on my way back to Texas on my 25th wedding anniversary trip. I posted a few pics, but maybe some of you guys would like to see more of these towns. Today, we start with Chadron. The date is May 23, 2018.

Kw240Acl.jpg

6Y18zC4l.jpg

aKlWUO6l.jpg

VQVxOppl.jpg

vv9pPb9l.jpg

rrZzgMRl.jpg

6zJXAgFl.jpg

VWbJtX4l.jpg

64ghDaDl.jpg

nqMkbD0l.jpg

UoebQiwl.jpg

ccZE7JZl.jpg

KSGLdknl.jpg

T6EfVMTl.jpg

VLsFZ3zl.jpg

F5hnPhAl.jpg

adCxIZal.jpg

udnmkmyl.jpg

2rZdt1ul.jpg

Fx9EK9Vl.jpg

qDawk6ul.jpg

yY9nRmRl.jpg

HdTFPfml.jpg

c5yEmFyl.jpg

F46VN7Rl.jpg

A0oiKiXl.jpg

heCeatKl.jpg

zSZ5X3Fl.jpg

Lbnat9kl.jpg

EAYNYEfl.jpg

lUDIxWLl.jpg

ye2E0TYl.jpg

lY5ovPIl.jpg

2FxqPX2l.jpg

CFDFsIBl.jpg
[/QUOTE]

i enjoyed our treks thru western Nebraska a few years back. hope to take a more easterly route in a few years thru heart of sand hills.

This born-and-bred eastern Nebraskan "discovered" the rest of the state in the 80s when my then-job took me from Falls City to Harrison and South Sioux to McCook. I love the western part of the state and, in fact, will be in Valentine in two weeks for some relaxation. If you have any pictures of Chadron State College butting right up against the buttes to the south, please add them. What a beautiful part of the planet.'

You got to remember, this is part of a much longer trip. I started out in Sturgis that morning and ended that day in Scottsbluff. You guys that get to see all the small towns are lucky. If I lived in Nebraska, I'd do what I did here in Texas and see everything.

Reactions: Rick Chick
Went on a trip to the Black Hills back in June and went through the panhandle on the way there. Really enjoyed seeing a part of the state I hadn't been to since the mid 80s-and some of it not since the late 70s. Loved the Chadron area-it was neat to see an area that I can now picture when they talk about weather conditions there on TV. Also thought it was cool that I could drive for 7 hours and still be in Nebraska.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and tpmcg

Beautiful country. I never have been west of North Platte. But I had friend from Gordon. Do you have pics of Gordon?

Thanks.

Beautiful part of the state, enjoy the trip. Not quite as pretty as the Bohemian Alps, but close. ;)

Beautiful country. I never have been west of North Platte. But I had friend from Gordon. Do you have pics of Gordon?

Thanks.

I entered Western Nebraska north of Rushville. Then west to Chadron. So, no Gordon. I didn't even take pics of Rushville. Like I said, if I lived in Nebraska, I'd probably take a lot of road trips to see it all. Having lived in Omaha as a kid and gone to school in Lincoln, I view anything west of Grand Island as Western Nebraska. I'm sure I'm not alone. :D

I entered Western Nebraska north of Rushville. Then west to Chadron. So, no Gordon. I didn't even take pics of Rushville. Like I said, if I lived in Nebraska, I'd probably take a lot of road trips to see it all. Having lived in Omaha as a kid and gone to school in Lincoln, I view anything west of Grand Island as Western Nebraska. I'm sure I'm not alone. :D

No problem. Thanks!

Isn't that the truth! I'm so glad that I started driving down WY and thru Scottsbuff/Gering on my yearly trip home. Honestly I think I only visited the panhandle once when I was a kid. (And I know why - geez it's a long drive to Omaha from Scottsbluff!)

Initially I took I90 thru SD, then dropped down on I29 until the non stop construction drove me crazy and I changed up my route and dropped down around Kadoka to Valentine. Going thru the Panhandle, however is so pretty that that has become my new route. It's also where I get my last (or first, depending on my direction) Runza of the trip!

Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Reactions: bigboxes
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT