ADVERTISEMENT

OT - 72 Hours Nicotine Free

Keep up the good work! It’s worth it. I quit about 13 1/2 years ago. Best decision I ever made.
I switched from cigs to vaping and started to notice it just made me anxious and my blood pressure rise. Caffeine plus nicotine not good for me.

Went to an appointment and my blood pressure was 161/110. Heart rate 97. Not good.
Quit both and my blood pressure went to 144/85 , heart rate 67 after 1 day.
Second day blood pressure went to 127/85, heart rate 57.
Third is at 122/80, 60.

The brain fog makes driving not safe so I will take advantage of a Lazy Weekend. Productive without doing a thing. :cool:

Man... Is this what a certain president feels like every day? 🥴

All jokes aside, brain fog is extreme. Worst than when I quit caffeine.

State sanctioned drugs aren't any better than the illicit ones.
They aren't? What is worse, me drinking a can of coke and going for a drive, or you smoking a blunt and going for a drive.

On year 4 after 15 years of smoking. I can't stand the smell of them anymore, and honestly, I feel a certain type of way toward smokers now. There is no point in smoking cigarettes, and most smokers can't come up with a good reason for starting, continuing, or not quitting.

On year 4 after 15 years of smoking. I can't stand the smell of them anymore, and honestly, I feel a certain type of way toward smokers now. There is no point in smoking cigarettes, and most smokers can't come up with a good reason for starting, continuing, or not quitting.
I enjoy the raw smell of tobacco but burnt tobacco is terrible, especially inside. Such a waste of money as well.

Reactions: BigTimeFan75
I've heard of some people who use nicotine patches, but never smoked. Maybe they just like the buzz?
we are all dopamine fiends.
slide7.jpg

aslide20.gif

images

Wonder where sugar lands on the list.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
you stop getting a buzz after the first few packs, its just irritability/headache preventative maintenance. Usually smokers aren't the busiest folks either and they lean on it to pass/break up the time

it's been nearly 10 years for me, and feel the same way now.. couldn't fathom being a 'smoker' again.. ewww.

Nasty habit that was and think of all the money spent on it over the years. Those things should be illegal.

Pretty crazy that nicotine is nearly on par with the others.
And the effect of nicotine doesn't warrant its mass use. Worthless compound. Such a short duration that it becomes compulsive/obligatory and thus becomes a full time job. I ain't paying to work. Screw that. At least caffeine lasts a decent duration. Using nicotine is like using whippets or huffing fumes. There are better drugs out there.

Marijuana has the lowest and more stable dopamine release compared to the others that quickly drop off.

Went to an appointment and my blood pressure was 161/110. Heart rate 97. Not good.
Quit both and my blood pressure went to 144/85 , heart rate 67 after 1 day.
Second day blood pressure went to 127/85, heart rate 57.
Third is at 122/80, 60.
i like seeing this kinda stuff.
maybe it helps someone else out there do the same!
very cool.

Reactions: jlh19801
Man... Is this what a certain president feels like every day? 🥴

All jokes aside, brain fog is extreme. Worst than when I quit caffeine.

State sanctioned drugs aren't any better than the illicit ones.
Keep up the good work! Been 17 years for me. Besides the obvious health benefits, what is a carton of cigarettes up to these days? (I smoked Marlboro Lights).

Keep up the good work! Been 17 years for me. Besides the obvious health benefits, what is a carton of cigarettes up to these days? (I smoked Marlboro Lights).
That's the thing. Paying money to do a full time job, trying to thread the needle to find some enjoyment along the way. Always viewed nicotine as a mild stimulant but it's an annoying gnat-like addiction.

For all of the negativity surrounding smoking, and there is plenty, the reason I did it was because I enjoyed it. With beers or after a meal, it hit the brain just right. I went for 10 years strong and then quit about 20 years ago. It took many tries for it to stick.

Keep it up. In your mind, tell yourself that you're a non-chewer and reinforce that. Focus on all the reasons you hate it. Let that be the predominant thought process.

For all of the negativity surrounding smoking, and there is plenty, the reason I did it was because I enjoyed it. With beers or after a meal, it hit the brain just right. I went for 10 years strong and then quit about 20 years ago. It took many tries for it to stick.

Keep it up. In your mind, tell yourself that you're a non-chewer and reinforce that. Focus on all the reasons you hate it. Let that be the predominant thought process.
I definitely enjoy the feeling of inhaling and then exhaling sharp hitting smoke. I have a vape to experience that but the stuff I use has zero nicotine. I get to choose to inhale the menthol goodness without it being tied to physical addiction. Like sipping on some lemon water. :)

Stimulants are promoted in our society, especially caffeine. Problem for me is that nicotine makes me less motivated. It makes me feel anxious, out of breath, yet caught in a self induced loop.

I chewed for like 12 years and then one day stopped. Never had another chew, that was like 16 years ago.

The times I was worried about needing a chew

Golfing
Coaching
After eating
Driving

The first time I went golfing without chewing was sort of the final "test" for me.

I definitely enjoy the feeling of inhaling and then exhaling sharp hitting smoke. I have a vape to experience that but the stuff I use has zero nicotine. I get to choose to inhale the menthol goodness without it being tied to physical addiction. Like sipping on some lemon water. :)

Stimulants are promoted in our society, especially caffeine. Problem for me is that nicotine makes me less motivated. It makes me feel anxious, out of breath, yet caught in a self induced loop.
Those metal heating elements are awful to breathe. Vapers are still smokers, they always go back. Man up and quit smoking. Robot dick is worse.

Those metal heating elements are awful to breathe. Vapers are still smokers, they always go back. Man up and quit smoking. Robot dick is worse.
Yeah, makes no sense if you got to have something in your mouth shove a stick of gum in there

I understand but for now, DIY menthol vape helps for the idle hands. I will phase it out. Not going back to nicotine. Edibles feel better without nicotine spiking my blood pressure/heart rate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT