OT: 2nd shot

TampaBaySkers

First Team All-Big Ten
Oct 30, 2010
“Have you checked any numbers on those in healthcare that havent taken the shots? Those in "academia" that havent taken the shots? Lots and lots of seemingly educated folks passing on it.”

False. A few stories here and there about a few nurses/doctors not getting vaccinated doesn’t trump the millions who have. Show me any other example where 96 + percent of people agree on anything. “Lots and lots” is flat out false.

False..

Doctors are at about 96 %, but nurses are around 50%.
5e3c52bc5185c46a7891d6f95b33af3c.jpg
[/url]

Lincoln100

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 16, 2010
“Have you checked any numbers on those in healthcare that havent taken the shots? Those in "academia" that havent taken the shots? Lots and lots of seemingly educated folks passing on it.”

False. A few stories here and there about a few nurses/doctors not getting vaccinated doesn’t trump the millions who have. Show me any other example where 96 + percent of people agree on anything. “Lots and lots” is flat out false.

And as I'm sure you would appreciate, this isn't taking into consideration those who took it because it was mandated by their jobs, as opposed to choosing to take it. Still think the statement is "flat out false?"

Last edited:

regionsdoc

Junior
Feb 4, 2004
Do you even read the stuff you post:
Is the Data Misleading?
The HHS system designed to amass hospital data was set up quickly to respond to an emergency. For that reason, experts say the information hasn't been as carefully collected or vetted as it normally would have been. Some hospitals may have misunderstood how to report their vaccination numbers.

In addition, reporting data on worker vaccinations is voluntary. Only about half of hospitals have chosen to share their numbers. In other cases, like Texas, states have blocked the public release of these statistics.
AdventHealth Orlando, a 1,300-bed hospital in Florida, reported to HHS that 56% of its staff have not started their shots. But spokesman Jeff Grainger says the figures probably overstate the number of unvaccinated workers because the hospital doesn't always know when people get vaccinated outside of its campus, at a local pharmacy, for example.
For those reasons, the picture of health care worker vaccinations across the country is incomplete.

In addition, “healthcare workers” include staff in transportation, dietary, and nursing aides. Highly valuable colleagues, but many with little more than a high school diploma. The number of doctors and nurses who actually take care of covid pts who have chosen to vaccinate is extremely high.

Reactions: dinglefritz

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
I know of exactly ONE M.D. in my area out of over 100 who hasn't gotten vaccinated and he's a nutjob senile old urologist. Yes there are some nurses refusing to get vaccinated. Many if not most of them have already had COVID. Many of them are young and don't feel threatened by the virus. Some of them believe the propaganda that we're aborting babies and buying them from Planned Parenthood to make the vaccine. Some bought in to the "it will make you sterile" rumor. I know dozens of nurses. Some of them are very bright professionals and great nurses. Others are not very smart and as my wife says about those refusing vaccination, "You can't fix stupid".

As a critical care Dr. taking care of COVID patients from the outset of this deal, my spouse was one of the first people getting vaccinated in our area. I understand completely why someone who has already had COVID would be reluctant to get vaccinated. That is logical. It is illogical and foolish for a healthcare worker who hasn't had COVID yet, to refuse to get vaccinated. They not only put themselves at risk but also the immunocompromised patients that they contact.

Lincoln100

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 16, 2010
Do you even read the stuff you post:
Is the Data Misleading?
The HHS system designed to amass hospital data was set up quickly to respond to an emergency. For that reason, experts say the information hasn't been as carefully collected or vetted as it normally would have been. Some hospitals may have misunderstood how to report their vaccination numbers.

In addition, reporting data on worker vaccinations is voluntary. Only about half of hospitals have chosen to share their numbers. In other cases, like Texas, states have blocked the public release of these statistics.
AdventHealth Orlando, a 1,300-bed hospital in Florida, reported to HHS that 56% of its staff have not started their shots. But spokesman Jeff Grainger says the figures probably overstate the number of unvaccinated workers because the hospital doesn't always know when people get vaccinated outside of its campus, at a local pharmacy, for example.
For those reasons, the picture of health care worker vaccinations across the country is incomplete.

In addition, “healthcare workers” include staff in transportation, dietary, and nursing aides. Highly valuable colleagues, but many with little more than a high school diploma. The number of doctors and nurses who actually take care of covid pts who have chosen to vaccinate is extremely high.
Good lord dude, so the collection of the information may be inaccurate? Your response was that my comment was "flat out false." I just showed you that it isn't, but rather than to acknowledge that, you come back with "this information may not be completely accurate." No shit? I can read

"An ongoing monthly survey of more than 1.9 million U.S. Facebook users led by researchers at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh recently looked at vaccine hesitancy by occupation. It revealed a spectrum of hesitancy among health care workers corresponding to income and education, ranging from a low of 9% among pharmacists to highs of 20%-23% among nursing aides and emergency medical technicians. About 12% of registered nurses and doctors admitted to being hesitant to get a shot."

If you care only about the doctors and nurses, 9% of pharmacists and 12% of nurses and doctors? That sure seems like a lot to me who are concerned.

Reactions: RedMyMind

SomedayHusker

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 26, 2019
Omaha
You can't say the vaccine killed anyone.

Oh my. So over 11k deaths reported on VAERS and you think not even one of them can be from the vaccine…It is mind boggling how some cannot stray from their mother=the MSM…Holy shit what a sad state of affairs.

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
Good lord dude, so the collection of the information may be inaccurate? Your response was that my comment was "flat out false." I just showed you that it isn't, but rather than to acknowledge that, you come back with "this information may not be completely accurate." No shit? I can read

"An ongoing monthly survey of more than 1.9 million U.S. Facebook users led by researchers at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh recently looked at vaccine hesitancy by occupation. It revealed a spectrum of hesitancy among health care workers corresponding to income and education, ranging from a low of 9% among pharmacists to highs of 20%-23% among nursing aides and emergency medical technicians. About 12% of registered nurses and doctors admitted to being hesitant to get a shot."

If you care only about the doctors and nurses, 9% of pharmacists and 12% of nurses and doctors? That sure seems like a lot to me who are concerned.
Facebook users is not a representative subset of healthcare professionals for starters. It would also be expected that pharmacists and nurses would have a high degree of exposure to COVID early on in the epidemic when Fauci was discouraging mask use. IF I had already had COVID, I would probably also be waiting to get vaccinated. The longer you wait I believe the less likely it would be for a previously infected person to have an adverse reaction to the vaccine.

Lincoln100

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 16, 2010
I understand completely why someone who has already had COVID would be reluctant to get vaccinated. That is logical.
Yes, but this isn't discussed, at all. Is there any data on this? It would be pretty easy to get many of these people to get vaccines if it was shown that their natural immunity isn't near as safe AND providing hard numbers on the chances of serious harm to those taking the vaccine. The messaging has been gawd awful, and trusting anything coming from the government is getting more and more difficult for the masses.

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
Oh my. So over 11k deaths reported on VAERS and you think not even one of them can be from the vaccine…It is mind boggling how some cannot stray from their mother=the MSM…Holy shit what a sad state of affairs.
We've vaccinated hundreds of millions of people. We started with the most vulnerable most ill people on the planet with the vaccinations. The expectation when you vaccinate 30 million elderly and frail patients is that thousands of them are going to die within a 2 week window after vaccination and the vast majority of them won't be because they got vaccinated. Just as some of us argued that many of the fatalities were dying "with COVID" and not "from COVID", the same most certainly is true as regards fatalities in that 2 week window following vaccination.

Locally we were vaccinating terminally ill patients including some in hospice care just to try to slow spread of the virus in the rest of the nursing home community. We had a huge number of deaths in nursing homes but vaccination stopped COVID in it's tracks in our area nursing homes.

HuskerO

Recruiting Coordinator
Sep 11, 2006
By all means, catch it and die. Bit longer and my kids can get their shots, after that I openly encourage you lot of antivaxxers to keep trading variants until you find one that works.

The housing market could use your house, the funeral home could use the business, and it'll be great to clear you out of the voting ranks as well. Don't let those doctors stand between you and your right to die.
Is this a serious comment?

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
Yes, but this isn't discussed, at all. Is there any data on this? It would be pretty easy to get many of these people to get vaccines if it was shown that their natural immunity isn't near as safe AND providing hard numbers on the chances of serious harm to those taking the vaccine. The messaging has been gawd awful, and trusting anything coming from the government is getting more and more difficult for the masses.
The CDC still recommends vaccination for previously infected people. Some of that might be that they realize that there are tens of thousands of people out there who think they had COVID who really didn't. Some of it is the fact that there are going to be a certain percentage of people who don't develop good immunity to natural infection OR vaccination. My wife and I disagree on whether or not a previously infected person should get vaccinated. She is still recommending it for her patients but she also treats thousands of people with very bad lung disease and cancer.

jbt25

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Apr 27, 2010
Facebook users is not a representative subset of healthcare professionals for starters. It would also be expected that pharmacists and nurses would have a high degree of exposure to COVID early on in the epidemic when Fauci was discouraging mask use. IF I had already had COVID, I would probably also be waiting to get vaccinated. The longer you wait I believe the less likely it would be for a previously infected person to have an adverse reaction to the vaccine.
That’s just it. I am so sick and tired of these political activist medical and science discounting the natural immunity .. stop giving us political science and stick to science

Any Dr. who discounts natural immunity and says it’s not as good if not better than a vaccine shouldn’t be practicing medicine they shouldn’t be in the public health arena telling us what to do period.

30% to 50% of US population it’s estimated at a minimum have longer term B Cell memory or T Cell immunity from previously having Covid... Therefore, we don’t need to push for everyone 100% vaccination! I’m not an anti-Vaxer I get a flu shot most years. I have gotten other recommended or required shots but it’s not smallpox this is more inline with some thing like the flu..... not polio like some people wanna compare it to When they talk about mandating vaccines don’t compare this to polio or some hundred percent crippling our deadly disease not 0.001 death rate for healthy people.

The other point is that this is still only an emergency approved FDA why they will not fully approve it is beyond me but don’t try to compare this to fully approved seven-year tested vaccines like most that have been mandated in the past

I am the classic case of this.. I have either had Covid like I believe Feb 2020 before testing began or I am either extremely immune because of my type O blood type, vitamin D and healthy lifestyle etc

kerpal_68

Athletic Director
Dec 12, 2005
I've got the vaccine but I'm not going to go around calling out everyone else that hasn't. Interesting to me is the amount of people that are pro choice when it comes to killing fetuses but want to jam a vaccine down everyone's throat. Everyone has had a chance to get the vaccine, its on them now if they get covid. If I truly believe the vaccine works I should have nothing to worry about.

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
There is not doubt that the propaganda effort by the MSM to try to get people vaccinated is almost as strong as the one from our government during WWII, That said, these variants are killing people. This deal isn't over with. We "flattened the curve" and by doing that we ensured that this thing will drag on for months more.

jbt25

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Apr 27, 2010
Masks are a complete waste of time. I am in IT so I understand DATA very well and it’s unpoliticized data that I have found and looked at. Masks made no difference it’s a 3% spread you can look all you want at all the cases around the country in the world the locales who have locked down versus the ones wide open. Cal and Florida are great examples very similar stats on Covid even though Florida has a much older population. there is virtually zero difference masking or not... nobody talks about this.

it’s all virtual signaling and people saying it’s a good idea to tell other people who anxious I care but does no good. I’m not here to make other people less anxious as a you problem not a meet problem if you’re scared of Covid if you’re healthy and young especially idiotic you’re more likely to die of the flu this is proven so tired of the focus on just one of a million viruses and accidents that kill more people than Covid has.

anyone who argues that masks are the savior or even help a little bit other than an N 95 don’t know what they’re talking about and you can’t point to any place just look at Omaha’s covid case counts you can’t determine when the masks mandate started in August 1921 and when they ended in may. Other locales so dramatic decrease is in not only deaths about cases in February even before vaccinations when they opened up there’s absolutely no rhyme or reason to the tix up or down except for holidays where everybody’s gathered inside at home but you never needed this going out and about to a store that was the biggest lie sold to us you’re not within 6 feet for 15 minutes or longer but everybody wear a mask everywhere or even outside which was recently the bond but I told people year ago that was BS it’s common sense people airborne doesn’t mean you’re going to get it outside it means the same thing as influenza it’s tons of people inside breathing on each other close together

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
I've got the vaccine but I'm not going to go around calling out everyone else that hasn't. Interesting to me is the amount of people that are pro choice when it comes to killing fetuses but want to jam a vaccine down everyone's throat. Everyone has had a chance to get the vaccine, its on them now if they get covid. If I truly believe the vaccine works I should have nothing to worry about.
Part of the issue is that there has been too much misinformation put out on social media and millions of very vulnerable people are refusing to get vaccinated. We will have thousands more deaths this fall from COVID. When you consider the number of kids under the age of 18 who haven't been vaccinated or infected, we are nowhere near a population immunity to this deal. Just make damned sure that Grandma and Grandpa are vaccinated and anybody else you care about how who is in a high risk group because this damned thing ain't going away. It's going to continue to circulate in our population at an endemic level just like the common cold but with more severe consequences for vulnerable patients.

Lincoln100

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 16, 2010
C'mon, you're going the "misinformation" route on this? Sorry, but it isn't difficult at all to attack the underlying source of information in just about any environment, so dismissing this because it was from an online study on Facebook, for the purposes of this discussion [comment about lots of healthcare workers not getting the shot as "flat out false"] isn't really pertinent. It certainly isn't the most bulletproof, but it is a study completed by a fully accredited University (I think). Don't you need to vet that study? And from what I can tell, Facebook doesn't much care for "misinformation," so no way this could survive on Facebook if it wasn't true, amiright?

Tuco Salamanca

Head Coach
Aug 18, 2016
Albuquerque
There is not doubt that the propaganda effort by the MSM to try to get people vaccinated is almost as strong as the one from our government during WWII, That said, these variants are killing people. This deal isn't over with. We "flattened the curve" and by doing that we ensured that this thing will drag on for months more.
This is going to drag on forever. This is a virus that isn’t going away anytime soon if ever. It is going to be similar to the flue virus and that they are going to be chasing variants to determine which booster to take this year and the next and the next. She thinks that we are going to get to Covid zero he’s completely naïve, and countries trying to get to that point, I feel sorry for those citizens.

jbt25

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Apr 27, 2010
Lastly I can’t wait until the FAA grows a pair and gets rid of the masks on airplanes and airports.

There has been virtually no spread on airplanes even going back to last year... with people flying. If masks really worked would they ever let you take your mask off???? to eat and drink for 15 to 20 minutes if not the entire flight???

commonsense people you just violated everything that the mask is supposedly there to help prevent when you took it off yet people weren’t before vaccine and arent dying left and right now. they’re not getting Covid left and right on a plane certainly not in an airport where you you can space. This is been true for over a year

Finally what tipped it off for me and should’ve been everybody saying the same thing it’s not the hypocrisy of certain politicians who didn’t wear masks it’s people who are politicians that are in a high-risk elderly category not wearing a mask that should’ve tipped it off for everybody in the United States if this was BS from the beginning they don’t believe in what they’re telling other people to do you wear the mask I’m not ha ha Ha this is before vaccines what does that tell you they knew mask didn’t work but they got you to follow it that was their goal

what does that tell you anybody with a brain should’ve figured out they aren’t worried about their own safety or they would wear it off camera this was complete fashion show BS it’s been that way for a year I can’t believe how the lack of critical thinking we have in this country and people just so willing to follow like lemmings it’s really sad and it’s coming way too much from the younger generation in my opinion

HuskerO

Recruiting Coordinator
Sep 11, 2006
Nah.. being obese is like playing Russian roulette. Seriously, why aren’t we taking unhealthy living (high caloric intake, low activity) as serious as COVID. It’s so odd to me.
Amazing how health officials like Fauci & Brix screwed the pooch on how to help combat covid.

Instead of telling people they need to get healthier (eat better, stop smoking, work out, etc) they went with masks.

While they could have always pushed masks, it's amazing how something that would have actually help combat serious Covid cases was never pushed.

Last edited:

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
Lastly I can’t wait until the FAA grows a pair and gets rid of the masks on airplanes and airports.

There has been virtually no spread on airplanes even going back to last year... with people flying. If masks really worked would they ever let you take your mask off???? to eat and drink for 15 to 20 minutes if not the entire flight???

commonsense people you just violated everything that the mask is supposedly there to help prevent when you took it off yet people weren’t before vaccine and arent dying left and right now. they’re not getting Covid left and right on a plane certainly not in an airport where you you can space. This is been true for over a year

Finally what tipped it off for me and should’ve been everybody saying the same thing it’s not the hypocrisy of certain politicians who didn’t wear masks it’s people who are politicians that are in a high-risk elderly category not wearing a mask that should’ve tipped it off for everybody in the United States if this was BS from the beginning they don’t believe in what they’re telling other people to do you wear the mask I’m not ha ha Ha this is before vaccines what does that tell you they knew mask didn’t work but they got you to follow it that was their goal

what does that tell you anybody with a brain should’ve figured out they aren’t worried about their own safety or they would wear it off camera this was complete fashion show BS it’s been that way for a year I can’t believe how the lack of critical thinking we have in this country and people just so willing to follow like lemmings it’s really sad and it’s coming way too much from the younger generation in my opinion
No. The Texas Democrats who flew to D.C. may have infected dozens of other people with the Delta variant even with their masks on. Proper masks do help limit spread on airplanes especially when you have people sitting elbow to elbow. I'm flying to California this next weekend and I'll be wearing an N95 mask in the plane and it ain't coming off until I'm out of the airport. I'm visiting my brother who just finished chemo and I don't want to be the vaccinated Trojan horse that gives him the Delta variant.

RedMyMind

All-American
Aug 22, 2017
By all means, catch it and die. Bit longer and my kids can get their shots, after that I openly encourage you lot of antivaxxers to keep trading variants until you find one that works.

The housing market could use your house, the funeral home could use the business, and it'll be great to clear you out of the voting ranks as well. Don't let those doctors stand between you and your right to die.
straight up evil

HBK4life

College Football Hall of Fame
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
No. The Texas Democrats who flew to D.C. may have infected dozens of other people with the Delta variant even with their masks on. Proper masks do help limit spread on airplanes especially when you have people sitting elbow to elbow. I'm flying to California this next weekend and I'll be wearing an N95 mask in the plane and it ain't coming off until I'm out of the airport. I'm visiting my brother who just finished chemo and I don't want to be the vaccinated Trojan horse that gives him the Delta variant.
The Texas Dems and their social media stunt that blew up in their face. Maybe they should go home and focus on the Texas border where millions of illegals with covid are pouring into this country. All while heels up Harris hands out Biden T shirts. 😠

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
Couple of days ago, a lady from Minneapolis, a missionary, had a bad reaction to her second shot. They had to amputate her legs and her hands. Not a worthwhile story to MSM but I saw it.
I found the story you are referencing. In fact she was infected with COVID shortly after being vaccinated. It wasn't a reaction to her second shot. When you vaccinate half a billion people, sh## happens.

One of the first reported fatalities from COVID in a vaccinated person was in California in a youngish healthcare worker who had only received the vaccine 5 days before he became ill. He was likely incubating COVID when he got vaccinated or got infected within a day or 2 of vaccination. It takes over 2 weeks for your immune system to develop immunity from vaccination.

Tuco Salamanca

Head Coach
Aug 18, 2016
Albuquerque
You are assuming that the virus was spread on the airplane. Perhaps, it could also have been spread on the bus or in a meeting room or in the hotel lobby or hotel bar.

To me the bigger issue is that those who are vaccinated or have already had COVID suffer much lesser symptoms, if any at all. Best I can tell the Texas Democrats are all alive, none went to the hospital and all are back to “work”.

Personally, I don’t care if you get the vaccine or not. If you want to great, if you don’t, great. If want to wear a mask, do so, if you don’t don’t. But if you and yours are vaccinated and wearing a mask why do you give a rats fat ****ing ass if I wear a mask or not? If you want to sit in your home, order in and get all your supplies delivered, please do so. I am not here to stop you, just as I don’t want you to stop me from eating out and going to the store, and generally living my life as normal as possible.

Lincoln100

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 16, 2010
The Texas Dems and their social media stunt that blew up in their face. Maybe they should go home and focus on the Texas border where millions of illegals with covid are pouring into this country. All while heels up Harris hands out Biden T shirts. 😠
It's remarkable. Keeping kids out of school, shutting down the economy, spending through the roof, yet we do nothing to shut down the flow of millions of people into the Country, many of whom have, or will get, covid, and who are released all over the Country. It's enough for a person to not think the government has our best interest at heart.

Reactions: Hyattea

jw.3

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2013
zero deaths from HCQ. safe and all natural! the media won't report on it!

Hyattea

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2012
Lincoln
I guess I should mention that I've already had covid. I hope that makes it easier on me. I've read all sorts of accounts on the internet and in person. I'm just ready to put this behind me. The last couple of years has been the longest. You guys know what I'm talking about.
Sorry you got the shot after you already had the best antibodies since you already had it. Prepare to get the booster here in a couple weeks... because it doesn’t work.