OT: 2nd shot

Charlie Marlow

Assistant Head Coach
Sep 23, 2005
In Your Head
This is going to be an unusual day. WalMart has stopped the requirement of wearing a mask for those who have been fully vaccinated. It's been a year of constantly wearing this damn thing. Still have to wear it for work.
I wonder who the lucky person is who gets to check for proof of vaccination o_O

Anyway, you can still get infected if you are fully immunized, you are just very unlikely to actually get sick from it. And for some people that’s probably okay. But I’m traveling internationally in Fall and a positive test would be a big problem so I’ll still have to go with a mask.

bigboxes

Nebraska Legend
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
Went to Walmart today. I swear I was the only one not wearing a mask. Felt so weird. Total Wine (awesome liquor store for those that don't have one) dropped their mandate as well. I was the only one there not wearing a mask. Still a weird feeling. You get so programmed. I was one of the last people to wear one around here. When work made it mandetory I have been wearing one ever since. I was fighting with work about that as well. I have trouble communicating and breathing through the damn thing. Still got covid anyways.

So, now Walmart, Total Wine, Grease Monkey (incredible burgers in downtown Arlington) and my convenience store have dropped the mask mandate. I wonder how much longer work will require them? I do have to show HR my proof of immunization to get a couple hours of PTO. Probably do that on Monday.

HBK4life

College Football Hall of Fame
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
Went to Walmart today. I swear I was the only one not wearing a mask. Felt so weird. Total Wine (awesome liquor store for those that don't have one) dropped their mandate as well. I was the only one there not wearing a mask. Still a weird feeling. You get so programmed. I was one of the last people to wear one around here. When work made it mandetory I have been wearing one ever since. I was fighting with work about that as well. I have trouble communicating and breathing through the damn thing. Still got covid anyways.

So, now Walmart, Total Wine, Grease Monkey (incredible burgers in downtown Arlington) and my convenience store have dropped the mask mandate. I wonder how much longer work will require them? I do have to show HR my proof of immunization to get a couple hours of PTO. Probably do that on Monday.
I haven't worn one since I got vaccinated. Grocery stores, gas stations, pharmacies, bars, restaurants, etc.. and just wait for a Karen Fauci to say something. Nobody has. **** the masks and mask police.

Last edited:

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
I haven't worn one since I got vaccinated. Grocery stores, gas stations, pharmacies, bars, restaurants, etc..I see others without as well and just wait for a Karen Fauci to say something. Nobody has. **** the masks and mask police.
I'll put one on if the store has a sign asking me to. Other than that I'm mask free. My church required masks for months and after developing TMJ from the damned things I finally refused to wear one there. The dropped the mandate recently.

HBK4life

Jan 24, 2004
I'll put one on if the store has a sign asking me to. Other than that I'm mask free. My church required masks for months and after developing TMJ from the damned things I finally refused to wear one there. The dropped the mandate recently.
To me you should be rewarded for getting vaccinated. Otherwise what's the damn point? You are telling people get your shot but nothing will change. **** that. Enough is enough. Reopen everything. Stop the charade and fear mongering. People are over it. Time to go back to work people. No more hiding under your masks. Sitting at home sucking your thumbs waiting for Biden and Fauci to tell you it's gonna be alright. 😆 They are ruining businesses, kids and adults lives and livelihoods.

Reactions: dinglefritz

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
To me you should be rewarded for getting vaccinated. Otherwise what's the damn point? You are telling people get your shot but nothing will change. **** that. Enough is enough. Reopen everything. Stop the charade and fear mongering. People are over it. Time to go back to work people. No more hiding under your masks. Sitting at home sucking your thumbs waiting for Biden and Fauci to tell you it's gonna be alright. 😆 They are ruining businesses, kids and adults lives and livelihoods.
Well for the most part small towns in Nebraska and South Dakota have never shut down and never required masks. Everything pretty much stayed open throughout. I didn't eat inside a restaurant or bar for months but once I got that second shot I resumed my normal habits. I'm afraid COVID vaccine is going to be a new fact of life for most people. IF you don't get boosters, you'll have a similar risk as you have from Influenza and Influenza kills thousands of otherwise healthy people every year.

The reward for getting vaccinated is your reduced risk of getting sick. That's enough.

HBK4life

Jan 24, 2004
Well for the most part small towns in Nebraska and South Dakota have never shut down and never required masks. Everything pretty much stayed open throughout. I didn't eat inside a restaurant or bar for months but once I got that second shot I resumed my normal habits. I'm afraid COVID vaccine is going to be a new fact of life for most people. IF you don't get boosters, you'll have a similar risk as you have from Influenza and Influenza kills thousands of otherwise healthy people every year.

The reward for getting vaccinated is your reduced risk of getting sick. That's enough.
Yup. Let people make that choice. It's not a death sentence. We protected the elderly. Well. Cuomo didn't. Stop punishing kids and small businesses with fear mongering. Doing way more damage than the virus itself. PS. Hold China and the W.H.O accountable for unleashing this crap on the world!!

Reactions: GBRforLife1

WHCSC

All-American
Feb 4, 2002
I've been told that taking benadryl before your shot should help

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
I wonder who the lucky person is who gets to check for proof of vaccination o_O

Anyway, you can still get infected if you are fully immunized, you are just very unlikely to actually get sick from it. And for some people that’s probably okay. But I’m traveling internationally in Fall and a positive test would be a big problem so I’ll still have to go with a mask.
Not only are you very unlikely to get sick from COVID IF you're vaccinated, it appears that you are very unlikely to transmit the virus IF you do get infected post-vaccination. We've used Corona virus vaccines for decades in livestock and pets. Our experience at least in farm animals is that the Corona viruses we vaccinate against hang around and seasonally reappear when there are vulnerable animals and the herd immunity levels have waned usually in cold weather. There was a reason China was monkeying around with this virus in the lab.

Last edited:

TheBeav815

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Feb 19, 2007
Chicago Suburbs
I've been told that taking benadryl before your shot should help
I have wondered if that's part of the reason I had basically zero side effects. I've been taking Claritin for seasonal allergies and my left arm was a little tight in the shoulder but otherwise you'd never know anything was different.

I can already tell from the traffic that more things are "back to normal."

I might use masks in certain public settings for life, I can't think of one time I've been sick since last winter. I haven't had so much as a cold. I didn't miss having that annual bout with norvirus and puking my guts out. A lot of times I forget I have it on, the kids are the same way.

I was sick ALL THE TIME when I first came to my office job. I finally figured out it's the other guys who use the bathroom...people come to work sick and they don't wash their hands. Worse yet they just get their hands wet real fast and then touch all the door handles and elevator buttons on their way out which is actually worse than not washing your hands at all. I started using a paper towel to touch the bathroom door handle and I swear I was like 97% healthier after.

And I'm not a germophobe, I'll drop something and pick it up and eat it or I'll let my dog lick my face or whatever, I'll eat raw hamburger. But other humans are gross man, some of this cleaning and not breathing on people we should have been doing all along.

bingo65

Sophomore
Jun 18, 2020
I haven't worn one since I got vaccinated. Grocery stores, gas stations, pharmacies, bars, restaurants, etc.. and just wait for a Karen Fauci to say something. Nobody has. **** the masks and mask police.
You are so cool! i wish i could be so manly.
what are you so scared of? what people think of you?

bingo65

Sophomore
Jun 18, 2020
LOL
time for you to get some new reading material

bingo65

Sophomore
Jun 18, 2020
Yup. Let people make that choice. It's not a death sentence. We protected the elderly. Well. Cuomo didn't. Stop punishing kids and small businesses with fear mongering. Doing way more damage than the virus itself. PS. Hold China and the W.H.O accountable for unleashing this crap on the world!!
says the fear mongerer

BigRedBugeaters

Sophomore
Dec 15, 2006
Half the people on here would believe Dr Dumbass if he said eating Great Dane dog crap would prevent COVID. Where is my bucket and scooper.
you will never know who you might have harmed. but thank goodness YOU are just fine
well if they had their mask on nobody then. Correct?

Reactions: HBK4life

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
I got my second shot on Wednesday. Had some nausea the next morning and a little lethargic. Since I sometimes feel that way anyway, my actual response to the vaccine might have been psycho-somatic.
My suspicion is that probably at least half of the people who experience side effects and maybe a lot more that that, would never notice anything more than a little bit of a sore arm if they were focused on doing some activity they really enjoyed. Personally I was too busy to think about it. Drove over 8 hours that day looking at bulls in the hills near Chamberlain South Dakota. Didn't really realize my arm was a little sore until I got home and got out of the truck. Then it was 2 Tylenol and I was good as new.

bingo65

Sophomore
Jun 18, 2020
If their are still people not vaccinated that are elderly or at risk that's on them. Not my problem. Stay at home locked in your plastic bubble. The rest are ready to resume their lives!!
you sound like such a great human. and very un-american.

Husker Hank

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2009
Obviously everyone can a different reaction to the vaccine. I had very minor arm soreness, didn't even feel the soreness unless I actually touched the location of the shot. Both times. My cousin, on the other hand, was very ill for five days. He had headaches, chills, and more pain/soreness in his whole body. He stayed in bed for a couple of those days. Doctor thinks he's just allergic to vaccine because he also go sick from other non-Covid vaccinations in the past.
sounds like just getting Covid would be easier.

GBRforLife1

First Team All-Big Ten
Feb 18, 2020
Not only are you very unlikely to get sick from COVID IF you're vaccinated, it appears that you are very unlikely to transmit the virus IF you do get infected post-vaccination. We've used Corona virus vaccines for decades in livestock and pets. Our experience at least in farm animals is that the Corona viruses we vaccinate against hang around and seasonally reappear when there are vulnerable animals and the herd immunity levels have waned usually in cold weather. There was a reason China was monkeying around with this virus in the lab.
Oof

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
sounds like just getting Covid would be easier.
Well that of course all depends on how your body reacts to Covid. Some people have very little symptoms while others die from it. Just this past week a 20 something year old woman died from her Covid infection.

To me whether you vax or not is like playing Russian roulette. Your choice and you take your chances either way but nobody I've ever heard of around the globe ever died from the vaccine. Unfortunately can't say the same for Covid infections, been plenty of deaths in that situation. More old than young for sure but still across the age spectrum.

Husker Hank

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2009
Well that of course all depends on how your body reacts to Covid. Some people have very little symptoms while others die from it. Just this past week a 20 something year old woman died from her Covid infection.

To me whether you vax or not is like playing Russian roulette. Your choice and you take your chances either way but nobody I've ever heard of around the globe ever died from the vaccine. Unfortunately can't say the same for Covid infections, been plenty of deaths in that situation. More old than young for sure but still across the age spectrum.
Same can be said for the vaccine

TheBeav815

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Feb 19, 2007
Chicago Suburbs
By all means, catch it and die. Bit longer and my kids can get their shots, after that I openly encourage you lot of antivaxxers to keep trading variants until you find one that works.

The housing market could use your house, the funeral home could use the business, and it'll be great to clear you out of the voting ranks as well. Don't let those doctors stand between you and your right to die.

Reactions: bigboxes

TampaBaySkers

First Team All-Big Ten
Oct 30, 2010
By all means, catch it and die. Bit longer and my kids can get their shots, after that I openly encourage you lot of antivaxxers to keep trading variants until you find one that works.

The housing market could use your house, the funeral home could use the business, and it'll be great to clear you out of the voting ranks as well. Don't let those doctors stand between you and your right to die.

Leave it to beaver is going to create some Puff Daddy type t- shirts, but it will read Vax or Die.

images

TampaBaySkers

First Team All-Big Ten
Oct 30, 2010

Nah.. being obese is like playing Russian roulette. Seriously, why aren’t we taking unhealthy living (high caloric intake, low activity) as serious as COVID. It’s so odd to me.

Lincoln100

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 16, 2010

Yikes! It must be a trip inside your brain and your emotions. Have you checked any numbers on those in healthcare that havent taken the shots? Those in "academia" that havent taken the shots? Lots and lots of seemingly educated folks passing on it. Since you seem to be one of them elite sanctimonious types, how does the vaccine stack up against natural immunity?

Also, why is someone an "anitvaxxer" if they don't immediately get a chubby (like you) at the thought of jamming the needle in your arm at the direction of a government agency? Why don't you call them "pro-data" or "pro-knowledge" or "pro-choice?" Plenty of information that is still unknown, for some reason. I find it absolutely hilarious that those who said "no way I'm taking the vaccine" when the Trump administration was in place are now the ones insisting that everyone needs to take it. They are nothing more than whores . . . no politics behind this whatsoever.

And you are correct, nearly every adult has the chance / option to take the shots, and if they don't, it's on them. If the vaccine is good and offers the necessary protection, then why do you nut-jobs incessantly bitch and moan about those who do not take it? If you got the shots, you're good, correct? I think Bigot65 thinks a lot like you, and he/she/they said something along the lines of "you take care of you and I'll take care of me." So which is it Beav? Flippity flop.

Last edited:

JaySker402

Senior
Jan 14, 2017
Omaha

The variants are getting stronger against the vaccinated.

Reactions: leodisflowers

regionsdoc

Junior
Feb 4, 2004
Yikes! It must be a trip inside your brain and your emotions. Have you checked any numbers on those in healthcare that havent taken the shots? Those in "academia" that havent taken the shots? Lots and lots of seemingly educated folks passing on it. Since you seem to be one of them elite sanctimonious types, how does the vaccine stack up against natural immunity?

Also, why is someone an "anitvaxxer" if they don't immediately get a chubby (like you) at the thought of jamming the needle in your arm at the direction of a government agency? Why don't you call them "pro-data" or "pro-knowledge" or "pro-choice?" Plenty of information that is still unknown, for some reason. I find it absolutely hilarious that those who said "no way I'm taking the vaccine" when the Trump administration was in place are now the ones insisting that everyone needs to take it. They are nothing more than whores . . . no politics behind this whatsoever.

And you are correct, nearly every adult has the chance / option to take the shots, and if they don't, it's on them. If the vaccine is good and offers the necessary protection, then why do you nut-jobs incessantly bitch and moan about those who do not take it? If you got the shots, you're good, correct? I think Bigot65 thinks a lot like you, and he/she/they said something along the lines of "you take care of you and I'll take care of me." So which is it Beav? Flippity flop.

“Have you checked any numbers on those in healthcare that havent taken the shots? Those in "academia" that havent taken the shots? Lots and lots of seemingly educated folks passing on it.”

False. A few stories here and there about a few nurses/doctors not getting vaccinated doesn’t trump the millions who have. Show me any other example where 96 + percent of people agree on anything. “Lots and lots” is flat out false.

Latest posts