OT: 2nd shot

bigboxes

College Football Hall of Fame
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
Took off work today to get my 2nd Pfizer shot. Arm is a little sore tonight. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Was making my way back to the parking garage when I noticed a lady in a motorized wheelchair. She was having trouble rolling a heavy wheelchair and a sack of quilts. The chair kept trying to get away from her in the parking lot. I retrieved her chair and offer my assistance. After all, I'm off of work and it's still early morning. Nothing to do so why not help her.

Turns out that she's handmade these quilts for those in Domiciliary care. They are beautiful! She says she first needs to drop them off. We went all over the place. We had at least 3 employees walk with us to get us to where she needed to go. Then Domiciliary care wouldn't take them directly since they had a bed bug problem. So, now we had to take them to another department. After convincing the other department that they were the department that needed to take care of this, the lady needed to now go to wheelchair repair. She was getting a new powered wheelchair and was bringing in the non-motorized chair for repair. Even finding that department was difficult. Located in some out of the way place in the basement.

Well, let's hope that I get nothing more than the sore arm for a day. I had fatigue for a day on the last one. I don't want to have to take off any more work if I don't have too.

ccyzlzSh.jpg

bigboxes

Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
Mine hit pretty hard on the second night. I know some people that it took a few days then hit them.

I guess I should mention that I've already had covid. I hope that makes it easier on me. I've read all sorts of accounts on the internet and in person. I'm just ready to put this behind me. The last couple of years has been the longest. You guys know what I'm talking about.

HuskAir

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2001
I had my second shot last Thursday. I woke up Friday with a slight headache and was a little tired, but came away unscathed. Best of luck to you. I’ve heard that those who have had Covid have a more significant reaction.

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
Took off work today to get my 2nd Pfizer shot. Arm is a little sore tonight. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Was making my way back to the parking garage when I noticed a lady in a motorized wheelchair. She was having trouble rolling a heavy wheelchair and a sack of quilts. The chair kept trying to get away from her in the parking lot. I retrieved her chair and offer my assistance. After all, I'm off of work and it's still early morning. Nothing to do so why not help her.

Turns out that she's handmade these quilts for those in Domiciliary care. They are beautiful! She says she first needs to drop them off. We went all over the place. We had at least 3 employees walk with us to get us to where she needed to go. Then Domiciliary care wouldn't take them directly since they had a bed bug problem. So, now we had to take them to another department. After convincing the other department that they were the department that needed to take care of this, the lady needed to now go to wheelchair repair. She was getting a new powered wheelchair and was bringing in the non-motorized chair for repair. Even finding that department was difficult. Located in some out of the way place in the basement.

Well, let's hope that I get nothing more than the sore arm for a day. I had fatigue for a day on the last one. I don't want to have to take off any more work if I don't have too.

ccyzlzSh.jpg
Obviously everyone can a different reaction to the vaccine. I had very minor arm soreness, didn't even feel the soreness unless I actually touched the location of the shot. Both times. My cousin, on the other hand, was very ill for five days. He had headaches, chills, and more pain/soreness in his whole body. He stayed in bed for a couple of those days. Doctor thinks he's just allergic to vaccine because he also go sick from other non-Covid vaccinations in the past.

Reactions: dinglefritz

bigboxes

Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
Those quilts were probably real nice, that's a good skill to be able to make those.

Yeah. I saw some real talent there. Here she is, getting older in her years. Has disabilities and yet she's still thinking of others. When I looked at the detail on one section I could see American flags and such. She said she had been an air controller in both the Navy and the Marines.

TheBeav815

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Feb 19, 2007
Chicago Suburbs
Mine is tomorrow, I'm very excited. Wife got hers yesterday, says she's tired and her whole arm is pretty sore but that's it. Her arm got real sore from the first one, mine really didn't at all.

If I get a headache I'll never know the difference between that and the headache I currently have from the pollen count. My sinuses are trying to pop through the front of my face and my car has a layer of yellow dust on it.

Charlie Marlow

Assistant Head Coach
Sep 23, 2005
In Your Head
Mine is tomorrow, I'm very excited. Wife got hers yesterday, says she's tired and her whole arm is pretty sore but that's it. Her arm got real sore from the first one, mine really didn't at all.

If I get a headache I'll never know the difference between that and the headache I currently have from the pollen count. My sinuses are trying to pop through the front of my face and my car has a layer of yellow dust on it.
I had no chills or fever after the second, but I had like zero energy most of the day. It was a struggle just getting out of bed. But it was a Sunday so I wasn't trying very hard either.

Charlie Marlow

Assistant Head Coach
Sep 23, 2005
In Your Head

ccyzlzSh.jpg
JauntyTiredBeetle-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: arf_man

HuskerAlum92

Blackshirt
Jan 8, 2007
I got my second shot on Wednesday. Had some nausea the next morning and a little lethargic. Since I sometimes feel that way anyway, my actual response to the vaccine might have been psycho-somatic.

kerpal_68

Athletic Director
Dec 12, 2005
I got mine on a Tuesday and took all day Wednesday to rid of the 103 degree fever and it was Sunday before I could walk around and not be light headed with no headache.

litespeedhuskerfan

Aug 27, 2006
Was at a charity event last night called Chariots 4 Hope with several hundred people and not one gawd damn mask in the whole place and it was effing beautiful. I be all like..."Welcome to my world"!!!!

Oct 12, 2016

ccyzlzSh.jpg

After i got my 2nd Moderna shot, the next day got the chills for about 4 hourus and then normal later that day. However, 3 days later my arm started to itch right where I got the shot. I felt my arm under my shirt and noticed a little crust bump. Thought it was strange that blood may have dried up and formed a little clump there so I went and took my shirt off to have a look as I didn't see any blood on my arm days earlier.

To my horror a freakin TICK was on my arm right where I got the shot!

My first reaction was to torture and kill the Tick, but decided to place it into a zip lock bag in case I started to get a rash on my arm.

WHCSC

All-American
Feb 4, 2002
After i got my 2nd Moderna shot, the next day got the chills for about 4 hourus and then normal later that day. However, 3 days later my arm started to itch right where I got the shot. I felt my arm under my shirt and noticed a little crust bump. Thought it was strange that blood may have dried up and formed a little clump there so I went and took my shirt off to have a look as I didn't see any blood on my arm days earlier.

To my horror a freakin TICK was on my arm right where I got the shot!

My first reaction was to torture and kill the Tick, but decided to place it into a zip lock bag in case I started to get a rash on my arm.
You sure it wasn't the chip coming out?

TheBeav815

Feb 19, 2007
Chicago Suburbs
A few hours in and my arm feels exactly like it did with the first one. Not noticing anything else that I can't attribute to pollen which is still all over everything.

Catch50

Athletic Director
Feb 5, 2003
Mine hit pretty hard on the second night. I know some people that it took a few days then hit them.
I was just at a supermarket in Virginia. A young man felt ill after his shot. He'd looked to be a DB or WR.
He told me he played at Virginia State. He said before the shot, he had been working out. I mention this because he was otherwise a healthy young man.

TheBeav815

Feb 19, 2007
Chicago Suburbs
Zero symptoms so far. Took 800mg ibuprofen before bed just in case, slept great.

Arm feels like it would if I had a little bruise in that spot, not disruptive at all.

Psychologically it feels freaking great. Can't wait til they open up to kids under 12 and we can get the girls theirs.

BigRedBugeaters

Sophomore
Dec 15, 2006
Zero symptoms so far. Took 800mg ibuprofen before bed just in case, slept great.

Arm feels like it would if I had a little bruise in that spot, not disruptive at all.

Psychologically it feels freaking great. Can't wait til they open up to kids under 12 and we can get the girls theirs.
Wow. Wish them well

bigboxes

Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
This is going to be an unusual day. WalMart has stopped the requirement of wearing a mask for those who have been fully vaccinated. It's been a year of constantly wearing this damn thing. Still have to wear it for work.

BigBL87

Blackshirt
Sep 11, 2006
Just got my one and done J&J shot yesterday. A friend of mine put it well with similar side effects when he got it, feels like I worked out all day yesterday and overdid it. Also spiked a low grade fever and in part due to that didn't sleep well and have a slight headache. Taking some Naproxen has helped.

I hadn't gotten it yet because I already had COVID and there wasn't much reason for me to as it didn't change any aspect of my day to day life. However, with the new CDC mask guidance it changed the calculus for me. I'm still concerned about the unknown long term effects, but not enough to stop me from getting it.