ADVERTISEMENT

OT - 1911 Owner's

leodisflowers

Assistant Head Coach
Feb 25, 2011
North Carolina
Anyone ever see any Husker Grips? I feel like I've searched extensively, but have never found any. Just got a new one and began my search again.

Anyone ever see any Husker Grips? I feel like I've searched extensively, but have never found any. Just got a new one and began my search again.
I have not seen anything like that. That’s not to say they aren’t out there, I just haven’t looked. What did you get?

Jealous. What Make/Model did you purcase? Pics? Were you able to find ammo???

I found this with a little research: http://riograndecustomgrips.com/ They say they can make grips with a custom image that you supply. I'm sure there are others out there.

I have not seen anything like that. That’s not to say they aren’t out there, I just haven’t looked. What did you get?
Got a Colt Series 70 off of gunbroker. I’ve got a SDS from Tisas Turkey that was a third of the price that is an awesome gun as well. Not as sexy but man it’s been a good gun.

Reactions: Lars72
Got a Colt Series 70 off of gunbroker. I’ve got a SDS from Tisas Turkey that was a third of the price that is an awesome gun as well. Not as sexy but man it’s been a good gun.
I picked up a Kimber 1911 last summer. That’s been a great gun to shoot.

Reactions: Baxter48
Jealous. What Make/Model did you purcase? Pics? Were you able to find ammo???

I found this with a little research: http://riograndecustomgrips.com/ They say they can make grips with a custom image that you supply. I'm sure there are others out there.
The last several places I checked 45 acp were back ordered, I did buy a box of 40 cal most high caliber were unavailable like.243 3006 hell shot gun shells were ridiculous high. .22 unavailable just crazy, I read a article that said the biggest buyers of guns now are women and minorities don’t know how accurate the article was

Yeah I really like those as well. I know there are a couple shitty replicas, but for the most part you can't go wrong with the 1911. Just a classic looking gun that is a great shooter.
This! A good 1911 is so solid & balanced. The look is timeless. Now if I could find some more ammo...

Having dealt with collegiate licensing a few times, I can tell you that officially licensed Husker gun grips probably don't exist. You would have to have something with a generic "N" or similar. Firearms and accessories are generally prohibited under most licensing guidelines. If a custom maker were to duplicate a copyrighted or trademarked design, name, or logo, they would be subject to legal action. Which makes me laugh at some of the stuff they do allow...

Reactions: leodisflowers
Having dealt with collegiate licensing a few times, I can tell you that officially licensed Husker gun grips probably don't exist. You would have to have something with a generic "N" or similar. Firearms and accessories are generally prohibited under most licensing guidelines. If a custom maker were to duplicate a copyrighted or trademarked design, name, or logo, they would be subject to legal action. Which makes me laugh at some of the stuff they do allow...

Very interesting. Thanks for the insight.

ADVERTISEMENT