ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 10" of rain in places just north of ONeill and Spencer NE in South Dakota it looks like.

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
we had a lightening strike right near my house during the night too..thats why I'm posting at 4 am. I wonder what this will do to releases from Gavins Point Dam.

10" of rain? It really seems like these rare heavy rain events are becoming pretty common these days.

Reactions: TheBeav815
So I assume the Spencer Dam is still in ruins, right? Can't imagine it was repaired/replaced yet after last year's collapse, but I could be wrong.

we had a lightening strike right near my house during the night too..thats why I'm posting at 4 am. I wonder what this will do to releases from Gavins Point Dam.

From past experiences after heavy local rains, the Corp will reduce flow of the Missouri at Fort Randall dam for a day or two to let the local runoff pass through the system. Normal flow this year has been great at around 30000 cf/s. No flooding great boating. I have seen them lower the flow to 10-18000 cf/s so it won't affect Gavin's Point discharge as much.

So I assume the Spencer Dam is still in ruins, right? Can't imagine it was repaired/replaced yet after last year's collapse, but I could be wrong.
You are correct the dam was not repaired, the channel actually moved about an 1/8 mile south of the old dam.

That's a lot of rain. Has it been fairly dry recently? That would help a great deal. The reason that spring bomb cyclone was such a disaster was the ground was still frozen and wouldn't soak up any runoff.

We have been getting a "50 year" flash flooding event about 1-2 times a year up here. Two Septembers in a row we've had massive rains. The good news is the regulations are strict up here that if you're building, you have to put in proper detention ponds and runoff control measures. There is a park up the street built in a detention basin, this spring it flooded high enough to submerge the seat of the bench next to the playground.

It’s been a fairly dry year here so far so the systems aren’t really stressed at this point.

but the bell curves shift to the right on flooding is a result of global warming = more moisture in the atmosphere.

It’s been a fairly dry year here so far so the systems aren’t really stressed at this point.

but the bell curves shift to the right on flooding is a result of global warming = more moisture in the atmosphere.
Yep. The warmer it gets the better the conditions for severe storms and massive precipitation because that big sky can hold more water.

If you live in a flood plain, the time to sell is 5 years ago.

Reactions: Charlie Marlow
Dingle what do u think of this doctor here in Texas...
Within 60 secs you can tell you shouldn’t listen to one thing he says.
When asked for credentials, he doesn’t give any important information (training!)
He says hydroxychloroquine works (no it doesn’t).
He says budesonide is the reason other countries have low mortality rates (sigh).
Save your time, move on.

Yep

as far as the bomb cyclone last year, that was only part of the story. Our February set that up once a pocket of arctic cold set up shop over our state. Normally you have some warmer days mixed in with colder days and this allows some of the snow to melt throughout that time.
But there was none of that, it was all cold and more and more snow. And then in March it warmed up, rained a ton and all the snow melted at once. Perfect storm

Within 60 secs you can tell you shouldn’t listen to one thing he says.
When asked for credentials, he doesn’t give any important information (training!)
He says hydroxychloroquine works (no it doesn’t).
He says budesonide is the reason other countries have low mortality rates (sigh).
Save your time, move on.

Hopefully you're over the post-riot COVID surge now at the hospital that you work at. One of my friends is a boarded pulmonologist in a west suburb of Minneapolis.

Last edited:
You better show me ONE place where I've said that hydroxychlorquine OR budesonide worked . I've never once said that. Hell I've NEVER once even mentioned "budesonide".
I thought regionsdoc was referring to the guy in the video?

You better show me ONE place where I've said that hydroxychlorquine OR budesonide worked . I've never once said that. Hell I've NEVER once even mentioned "budesonide". You and your buddies need to quit making sh## up. What I've said is that I can't find any research to evaluate whether or not it worked in a true prophylactic manner on patients PRE-EXPOSURE. There's information on post-exposure now and that is pretty convincing that it doesn't help.

Hopefully you're over the post-riot COVID surge now at the hospital that you work at. One of my friends is a boarded pulmonologist in a west suburb of Minneapolis.
Dingle, go to bed RollingLaugh

Reactions: dinglefritz
Dingle what do u think of this doctor here in Texas...
Haven't read anything or seen anything of his. Seems there's quite a few Docs who want their minute of fame lately. You can find an opinion to support just about any view you want to take. I try to rely on known facts and not too much on unproven projections and opinions. I know what we're seeing in our area. I know what the national CFR is doing. I know what the national death toll has done so far. I know that the majority of people who get this seem to be asymptomatic from where they've done large scale workplace testing. I don't know where this is going for sure. We'll know who was right and wrong when it's all said and done.

I do really like reading what Michael Levitt the Nobel Laureate, Stanford biophysicist thinks about all of this. According to the last piece with him in the LA Times he thinks this will be over sooner than we think.

Reactions: little a
You better show me ONE place where I've said that hydroxychlorquine OR budesonide worked . I've never once said that. Hell I've NEVER once even mentioned "budesonide". You and your buddies need to quit making sh## up. What I've said is that I can't find any research to evaluate whether or not it worked in a true prophylactic manner on patients PRE-EXPOSURE. There's information on post-exposure now and that is pretty convincing that it doesn't help.

I think he was responding to the video I wanted your opinion on a doc

I was not responding to you at all. Just responding to the poster who asked about the guy in the video.
And just A benign FYI: the twin cities surge happened before the riots. We were lucky there were limited Violent injuries from the protests, because the hospitals were already full. Post-protest testing showed very low positive tests in individuals who participated.
More and more evidence that being outdoors is much safer than being indoors. All things being equal: close down bars/limit restaurants/large indoor gatherings, and keep parks/beaches open (as long as most use common sense).

I was not responding to you at all. Just responding to the poster who asked about the guy in the video.
And just A benign FYI: the twin cities surge happened before the riots. We were lucky there were limited Violent injuries from the protests, because the hospitals were already full. Post-protest testing showed very low positive tests in individuals who participated.
More and more evidence that being outdoors is much safer than being indoors. All things being equal: close down bars/limit restaurants/large indoor gatherings, and keep parks/beaches open (as long as most use common sense).
Yeah I figured that out shortly after I hit the post reply button. :oops: There's a lot of bad "science" out there and I know people get irritated at me for knit picking but some of this stuff needs to be critiqued.

Yeah I figured that out shortly after I hit the post reply button. :oops: There's a lot of bad "science" out there and I know people get irritated at me for knit picking but some of this stuff needs to be critiqued.
In 2015 it was a small area in Thayer and Jefferson county Nebraska that had 10+ inches of rain. My rain gauge held 10 inches and it ran over. We measured a 5 gallon bucket it had 13 inches. There were graves that settled that the person was buried 20 years ago

Dingle could you send an inch or 2 of that to southern border counties? We have farms that have had .65 since Memorial weekend. Praying for rain in Franklin and Webster Counties.

Dingle could you send an inch or 2 of that to southern border counties? We have farms that have had .65 since Memorial weekend. Praying for rain in Franklin and Webster Counties.
Well I'm not in those areas but I'm sure they would gladly let you have some. The official totals from the towns near that won't be that high but I'm sure there were some farmstead rain gauges that overflowed. .

late 1970's had over 30 inches of rain in 3 days outside of albia, ia. washed out the bn railroad tracks 3 times. dont think it had anything to do with global warming.
ford institute in michigan study with over 2500 patients showed trumpchloroquine reduced death rate in half for hospitalized patients. hmmm. is it possible a cheap, available drug has been politisized. more to be found out.

Yeah I’ve heard you guys are dry. Do you have any irrigation?

Tomorrow night the way it sounds. But then again the NWS is forcast for idiots by idiots

Reactions: Baxter48
ADVERTISEMENT