ADVERTISEMENT

OSU/Michigan about to be cancelled?

OSU and Texas aTm are both available this week. Too bad The B1G in their infinite wisdom decided OOC games were unacceptable.
Ain’t no way A&M would agree to that game. They would all develop a mysterious “cough”...
They are sitting pretty at #5, just need one loss ahead of them

Ain’t no way A&M would agree to that game. They would all develop a mysterious “cough”...

Not so sure about that..Jimbo ain't afraid of that game...he plays in the SEC and is having a great year...a win against OSO would vault them into the playoff i'd think.

There's no way an undefeated conference darling is going to get left out of the championship game, so I think the powers that be will find a way to get OSU in. If Wisconsin hadn't gotten their asses beaten by both NW and Indiana, they would get them in too.

Not so sure about that..Jimbo ain't afraid of that game...he plays in the SEC and is having a great year...a win against OSO would vault them into the playoff i'd think.
Why risk it? They will probably move ahead of anOSU in the rankings without playing them. Despite what has been said, I don’t think the committee will put a team that’s only played 5 games into the playoff. Even if they remain behind the Bucks in the rankings, A&M just needs to move ahead of whoever loses the ACC championship game. Aggies have played a (mostly) full schedule and have nothing to prove. They are already in fantastic position to make the playoffs. Just my opinions. As always, I could be wrong.

I'm sure this is all our fault somehow.

What a bunch of jackasses. Starting with Warren.

That clown is going to coast off Delany's coattails up until the time the next TV contract gets signed.

At that point, the conference is going to realize that WHEN YOU GIVE EVERY INDICATION YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT PLAYING FOOTBALL, THE NETWORKS WILL TAKE THEIR $$$$ TO CONFERENCES THAT DO.

Why risk it? They will probably move ahead of anOSU in the rankings without playing them. Despite what has been said, I don’t think the committee will put a team that’s only played 5 games into the playoff. Even if they remain behind the Bucks in the rankings, A&M just needs to move ahead of whoever loses the ACC championship game. Aggies have played a (mostly) full schedule and have nothing to prove. They are already in fantastic position to make the playoffs. Just my opinions. As always, I could be wrong.

It isn't a risk for A&M...if they lose nobody will be surprised and it's been such a weird year it won't matter anyway. If you're A&M you want to play that game...if ypu're OSU...not so much.

tenor.gif

Yes!!!!!!!!!
So happy about this. Now we can watch Big Ten change the rules for different teams. This is our chance to get out of the Big 10
I think a better position for us might be to let Kevin Warren know that if we're going to agree to the upcoming rule change, we'd like Barry Alvarez removed from being involved with BIG scheduling going forward.

Since it was made ABUNDANTLY clear to us earlier this season that nothing gets done in the conference without unanimous agreement (no votes held).

I actually feel sorry for OSU. They, like us, fought hard to play football this year. We should have gone with the regular season schedule as announced n August. Warren is a chump and I hope the conference AD's are taking notice.
Spot on as usual.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Does this save Harbaughs job?

Unfortunately no. Rumor is that Harbaugh is in discussion for a contract extension. Less for him more for assistants lower buyout clause.

Pity too as OSU could have done the necessary and run him out of town.

They are going to make this bum permanent.

I hate the moneyed alumni.

Go Blue!

Reactions: WHCSC
Does this save Harbaughs job?
Some sources say Michigan AD Warde Manuel has offered Harbaugh a 3 year extension with possible stipulations : less base salary, a lower buyout option, incentive laden to hire top assistant coaches, etc., Does Michigan and Harbaugh have to come to a final resolution quickly since the 2021 early signing period is next week? I assume some recruits committed to/considering Michigan would like to know the coaching situation. FYI, it is also being reported Michigan would have had up to 45 players out for the OSU game. This would have included COVID cases, contact tracing and injuries. If true I think they would just shut it down for the season.

Reactions: WHCSC
Any minute now, I expect Minnesota to conveniently announce that they can't play this weekend, putting Nebraska in the position to save the fricking day. Because we are the team that would look the stupidest for refusing to play tOSU (again).

And then I want to beat them. Oh I want that so bad.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
Yes us wanting to play football and all. Completely unacceptable, right?

I'm on your side...don't shoot the messenger...and if we tuck and run from our second conference where do we land exactly?? Is the Mountain West still around?? We need to get in line and shut up and win some ball games cause right now we look like a disgruntled employee who isn't pulling his own weight and is blaming the company...in short, we wouldn't be missed. Nit saying it's right...but that is how the rest of the CFB will see us and our rep would never recover.

Any minute now, I expect Minnesota to conveniently announce that they can't play this weekend, putting Nebraska in the position to save the fricking day. Because we are the team that would look the stupidest for refusing to play tOSU (again).

And then I want to beat them. Oh I want that so bad.
In Lincoln, bring it on.

No OOC though, BIG made that bed.

I'm on your side...don't shoot the messenger...and if we tuck and run from our second conference where do we land exactly?? Is the Mountain West still around?? We need to get in line and shut up and win some ball games cause right now we look like a disgruntled employee who isn't pulling his own weight and is blaming the company...in short, we wouldn't be missed. Nit saying it's right...but that is how the rest of the CFB will see us and our rep would never recover.
Love you man. But totally disagree with notion that Nebraska needs to be a good little soldier and shit up and do what the B1G orders, no matter how stupid.

I've been consistent in saying that the decision to cancel the season was fine by me (especially seeing covid cases rise along with deaths right now as a whole).

But once they made the decision as a whole to play the season, the Big 10 leadership have done things in the dumbest possible ways and disregarded all logic and consistency. The fact they brought the season back but then didn't schedule bye weeks is hysterical. The fact they disregarded Nebraska's request to play an OOC in week 2 and acted like Nebraska should be booted from the conference for wanting to play - is hysterical. 21 days to play but oh, we might be down to our 4th string QB - BETTER CHANGE THE RULES!

It really boils down to it makes no sense that we're playing sports now but canceled everything back in March until June/July/August/September. It makes even less sense to hamstring yourself and the best team in your conference but alas, that is what Kevin Warren has done every step of the way.

I do not care one way or the other, I find the hypocrisy of it all hilarious.

Reactions: Wing-Back
Love you man. But totally disagree with notion that Nebraska needs to be a good little soldier and shit up and do what the B1G orders, no matter how stupid.

That's what adults do...they do what they are told by the peoole signing their checks, even when you disagree...in fact you smile and tell em it's a great idea even.....amd do NU fans really grasp how bad we'd look if we bolted this conference???

I'm sure this is all our fault somehow.

What a bunch of jackasses. Starting with Warren.

That clown is going to coast off Delany's coattails up until the time the next TV contract gets signed.

At that point, the conference is going to realize that WHEN YOU GIVE EVERY INDICATION YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT PLAYING FOOTBALL, THE NETWORKS WILL TAKE THEIR $$$$ TO CONFERENCES THAT DO.
This is why I wouldn't be surprised if we hear something about Nebraska leaving the conference in 2023 (contract is up in 2024)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT