ADVERTISEMENT

OSU halts voluntary workouts

jlb321

Defensive Coordinator
Aug 8, 2014
Many schools aren’t even able to have these type of workouts which may be individual or involve small numbers without needing to shut down. How are they going to manage to have scrimmages or 7-7 drills

i think teams should divulge testing results.

Patterson at TCU doesn't think they'll take the field against schools that don't. If we play I think it will get sorted about including it as an injury report.

Reactions: tpmcg
People wont like this but the best thing to do is keep those sick home and getting treatment and just continue on. Young people are very safe from this, playing football itself is more dangerous, and they are the only hope for herd immunity, which is really what we need.
Its just the truth. You aint stopping a virus, and the virus has shown to be less dangerous than previously thought.

The pure ignorance is just mind boggling.. at least we can finally put to rest that Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and gun violence in the U.S. are not dangerous as they have killed far fewer than the Covid.. it is amazing how little life is valued in the U.S....

Reactions: Flick2.0
I don’t think herd immunity exists from covid. Recent studies showed no anti bodies in those who recovered months ago

lots we don't know and lots yet to figure out but a paper just published in Lancet from a high COVID area in Spain showed that seropositivity was no where near herd immunity levels. .. herd immunity likely won't be a reality outside of a vaccine

the accompanying commentary had this to say about the concept of herd immunity

"In light of these findings, any proposed approach to achieve herd immunity through natural infection is not only highly unethical, but also unachievable.:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31483-5/fulltext
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31482-3/fulltext

Last edited:
Everyone is gonna die. Lock yourselves in your homes and just wait for the government to send your monthly stimulus

Ha...No kidding.

The good news is...it will all be better come November! Ha

I have a friend and his sister is a Nurse Practitioner in Houston...where the hospitals are at 97%...she was like "Yeah, we are normally operating at 95%, so it isn't that big of a deal"

Ha...No kidding.

The good news is...it will all be better come November! Ha

I have a friend and his sister is a Nurse Practitioner in Houston...where the hospitals are at 97%...she was like "Yeah, we are normally operating at 95%, so it isn't that big of a deal"
My daughter works one of the big 4 hospitals down here too. Says the same thing. 15-18% of ICU is Covid.

you've got nothing to worry about ... the chair of the Big Ten task force is from Nebraska
you mean *we've* got nothing to worry about, right, Husker fan?

boy, that Freud guy might've been onto something when it comes to slips................

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
The pure ignorance is just mind boggling.. at least we can finally put to rest that Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and gun violence in the U.S. are not dangerous as they have killed far fewer than the Covid.. it is amazing how little life is valued in the U.S....

The economy and our way of life are equally as important. People need to work and go to school and better themselves and stay moving. People who want to shut everything down are out of touch with the reality of the consequences that go with shutting things down.

HOUSTON — As the number of patients hospitalized with the coronavirus has reached record highs 12 days in a row, there are warning signs that Houston hospitals are nearing a tipping point.

At the Texas Medical Center in Houston, 97 percent of ICU beds were occupied on Tuesday. Twenty-seven percent of those ICU patients have COVID-19.

The economy and our way of life are equally as important. People need to work and go to school and better themselves and stay moving. People who want to shut everything down are out of touch with the reality of the consequences that go with shutting things down.
OH I think we are seeing the consequences of not shutting down. I'm supposed to be in Ireland right now. Those who like to travel are being put in indefinite timeout because our country was so far behind the curve. It won't be any better when Biden takes over in January either. Our path has been paved at this point. Until we get a vaccine we are gonna have to sit at the childrens table

Texas Medical Center is the largest hospital campus in the world
Normal ICU capacity if 1330. -- 615 of those ICU beds are COVID - 46%

l-Overview-Of-TMC-ICU-Bed-Capacity-And-Occupancy-7-8-2020.png

The flu, for which there is a vaccine, says hello

Reactions: CBurns05
Texas Medical Center is the largest hospital campus in the world
Normal ICU capacity if 1330. -- 615 of those ICU beds are COVID - 46%

Serious question-
Ive read many reports where any symptom of covid is counted as full blown covid. How much of that 46 percent is truly Covid?

OH I think we are seeing the consequences of not shutting down. I'm supposed to be in Ireland right now. Those who like to travel are being put in indefinite timeout because our country was so far behind the curve. It won't be any better when Biden takes over in January either. Our path has been paved at this point. Until we get a vaccine we are gonna have to sit at the childrens table
You do understand that vaccines typically takes six to seven years to develop right? Time to move on

Reactions: Bugeater
the brief shutdown didn't work here, well it never was going to anyway, so now they are going to basically force it on everyone, and in 3 months, we will be done with the virus, and hopefully if you are at risk, you survive. If not, too bad.. that is the way it is.

Once on the other side, other countries might envy that we are through it, while they are not.

Not an expert but using logic. Any country that has less positives after opening up is bs. No vaccine yet and more socialization but less positives. That is bs. It’s only logical positives go up unless we stay home until vaccine

Not an expert but using logic. Any country that has less positives after opening up is bs. No vaccine yet and more socialization but less positives. That is bs. It’s only logical positives go up unless we stay home until vaccine
following guidelines, wearing masks, test, track, trace. done with success in lots of places. just not here.

Or act responsibly when we do go out, but that's too difficult for a lot of us. Hell, we even have people out protesting having to wear a mask. And before that we had people protesting being asked to lock down. As an intelligent human being, I do not claim those morons as fellow Republicans.

Reactions: 1954
the brief shutdown didn't work here, well it never was going to anyway, so now they are going to basically force it on everyone, and in 3 months, we will be done with the virus, and hopefully if you are at risk, you survive. If not, too bad.. that is the way it is.

Once on the other side, other countries might envy that we are through it, while they are not.
How will we be done with it in 3 months?

Amen

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT