ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon

Unfortunately, much like everything else reported on the Frost front, this could be interpreted as good for either Nebraska OR UCF.

It is, however, better than hearing that Oregon is meeting with Frost's representatives.

Right, but considering Frost met with Florida already, plus his extension is still unsigned, adding that up makes it sound like good news for us.

Reactions: RedMyMind
If reports are true that he told Florida no thanks, there’s no way I see him not telling us the same if he were to stay at UCF.

Exactly.

Does anyone actually think that he would tell UF no and let them get on with their coaching search, put all his current players through the speculation that he is leaving, and then lead on his alma mater during a crucial time in the program's history when they need to hire the right coach thus making them miss out on the window to get the best candidate available only to ultimately turn them down?

Exactly.

Does anyone actually think that he would tell UF no and let them get on with their coaching search, put all his current players through the speculation that he is leaving, and then lead on his alma mater during a crucial time in the program's history when they need to hire the right coach thus making them miss out on the window to get the best candidate available only to ultimately turn them down?

Maaaaaaayyybe..... :oops:

lol

Add to that the total blackout on any news regarding Nebraska's coaching search.

In the last 48 hours, Tennessee has interviewed / offered / contacted (however you want to phrase it) approx. 78 people the position. That has been reported by the media, anyway.

And during that time, Nebraska -- big profile school like Tennessee -- head coaching vacancy -- has interviewed / offered / contacted zero. That have been reported.

Wonder why that is.

This is a overreaction by Oregon. I would let him go if he wants to go to FSU. He may be the next great coach but he hasn't proven it yet. His strength coach puts kids in the hospital and his first OC got a DUI his first month in Eugene.

I guess the downside is who do the Ducks replace Taggart with?

I would guess that Justin Wilcox will be on their list. He played at Oregon.

Unfortunately, much like everything else reported on the Frost front, this could be interpreted as good for either Nebraska OR UCF.

It is, however, better than hearing that Oregon is meeting with Frost's representatives.
If he wasn't interested in nu, he would have told moos straight up and we would have announced a new coach already. We're patiently waiting for when it works best for Frost

I agree with you all in that the most likely scenario is that Frost is headed our way.

There is still the possibility, however, that Frost is being quite honest in saying he doesn't know if he wants to leave. While I know there's political ways a person needs to speak in a role like his - he doesn't strike me as someone who prefers to operate like that.

He DOES know he doesn't want to coach at Florida. Nebraska, at the very least, is making him think about his options. Most likely, this is a done deal, but it isn't a certainty. If he hasn't already, I think the drop dead date is this Sunday for giving us a decision.

If he leaves us at the altar, he's got to know that door is shut forever.

Reactions: timnsun
I agree with you all in that the most likely scenario is that Frost is headed our way.

There is still the possibility, however, that Frost is being quite honest in saying he doesn't know if he wants to leave. While I know there's political ways a person needs to speak in a role like his - he doesn't strike me as someone who prefers to operate like that.

He DOES know he doesn't want to coach at Florida. Nebraska, at the very least, is making him think about his options. Most likely, this is a done deal, but it isn't a certainty. If he hasn't already, I think the drop dead date is this Sunday for giving us a decision.

If he leaves us at the altar, he's got to know that door is shut forever.

No way Frost leaves both UCF and Nebraska hanging like this. He cares about both programs too much. Media in Orlando are hearing that UCF has already hired a search firm and Sumlin is their top target.

No way Frost leaves both UCF and Nebraska hanging like this. He cares about both programs too much. Media in Orlando are hearing that UCF has already hired a search firm and Sumlin is their top target.

If this is true, and there’s no reason to doubt it, Frost and Moos have done a really good job of keeping this quiet for so long. Props to Scott and Moos on this.

I believe that the silence has served the UCF team very well and enabled them to go undefeated.

Selfishly, I don’t like delaying any more. Almost seems like it’s getting silly. However, I think this pays dividends later in recruiting. Frost is showing loyalty, commitment, caring for his players and trustworthyness.

I dont think he would string us along like this if he wasnt gonna take it. He understands the urgency of it I think and would respect that part of it.

My thoughts exactly. If we weren't in serious considerstion, I just don't think he would be making us wait at such a critical recruiting time. He would have made a statement that he was staying in Orlando.

ADVERTISEMENT