ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon Uniforms are ultimate recruiting tool!

Nebraska should think about changing their apparel gear to Jordan/Nike and ending their relationship to Adidas. Nike design team comes up with better alternative uniforms, shoes, and helmets oppose to Adidas, their gears are not as appealing to kids playing college football. If there was a poll today players would choose Nike/Jordans over Adidas. Not sure if the Jordan brand selects certain schools to wear their gear.

Reactions: mrruffin10
as a tired old man who doesn't know what "Dad jeans" are (unless they are maybe Levi's)...you must be sitting right next to me with the arrow on my "I'm with stupid" shirt pointing right at you....no one is allowed to post on here until they reach puberty....come back then.
The kid thinks he's styling in his skinny jeans.

Reactions: blackbones
Subtle changes make a difference..24 out of top 25 wear nike uniforms, extremely preferred by kids. Sadly enough it has been so long since skers domiance that these kids werent even ALIVE the last time we were a force. So while we are geting things turned around I wouldnt mind finding every advantage we can.
Wash- adidas
Utah- Under Armour
Note Dame-
Nebraska should think about changing their apparel gear to Jordan/Nike and ending their relationship to Adidas. Nike design team comes up with better alternative uniforms, shoes, and helmets oppose to Adidas, their gears are not as appealing to kids playing college football. If there was a poll today players would choose Nike/Jordans over Adidas. Not sure if the Jordan brand selects certain schools to wear their gear.
there are certain schools wearing the Jordan brand. I don’t know if they get to choose or if it is a part of their contract.

no doubt that Nike has better designers than Adidas for alternate uni's, but as far as general popularity, I'm pretty sure Adidas is in vogue right now. Nike stuff has gone to crap.

We have 10 years left on the Adidas contract

as a tired old man who doesn't know what "Dad jeans" are (unless they are maybe Levi's)...you must be sitting right next to me with the arrow on my "I'm with stupid" shirt pointing right at you....no one is allowed to post on here until they reach puberty....come back then.
Lol..you assume im young bc im willing to adapt to the times? Im not avacating grown men running around in skinny jeans either. Simply stating that we have to keep in mind, our target audience is 17-22 yr old kids. Cant knock oregon for finding their angle.

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
All I know is they are ugly as FK, and I'm betting recruits aren't into lime green and tweety bird yellow. I bet recruits would like their black unies much more.
You would bet wrong..pick 5 random recruits in the top 10 and scroll thru thier instagram. You will find lime, highliter, neon orange. Fresh ideas are needed to stay above the curve.

i hate the mirror/metallic helmets---whatever you call them. don't mind matte.

You would bet wrong..pick 5 random recruits in the top 10 and scroll thru thier instagram. You will find lime, highliter, neon orange. Fresh ideas are needed to stay above the curve.

Bullshit.. No one wants to wear lime green and bright yellow. They want to wear a mix of black and whatever other prominent school color there is.

Alabama hasn't dabbled since 2010 when Nike did the pro combat uniform program towards the end of that season. The pants were the only noticeable difference from what they wear every week. I think they wore them 2 times.
IMG_4606.JPG

Reactions: scarletred
But you obviously did by your response|

Hmm, does that fall into the same category as 45 year old man wearing wallmart sweatpants?

Oregon in the cellar of college football? How old are you? It’s been over 25 years since one could say that Oregon is the cellar of college football.
And it wasn’t dam uniforms that pulled them out. It was Mike Bellotti

and being a desirable location is also a negative. Look at what happened to Texas, kids didn’t want to focus on football, they wanted to go out to bars. Any why wouldn’t they? Austin is a fun town. Just like Eugene. One of the good things Bama has going for them is tuscaloosa is a shithole. No one gets distracted in Tuscaloosa. Tuscaloosa makes Lincoln look like time square on New Years Eve.

And yes Frost may have brought Oregon’s blue print to UCF, but he didn’t to Lincoln. He didn’t have to.
Bullshit.. No one wants to wear lime green and bright yellow. They want to wear a mix of black and whatever other prominent school color there is.
ht3s0REu_400x400.jpg

6 rated cb in the country Mkael Wright. This is the twitter profile pic he chose to use!!!! I could go on and on but I will let you learn on your own if you chose to...

Had to get something off my chest..im tired of old men sitting around in Dad jeans and "im with stupid" t-shirt talking about how bad Oregon uniforms are. First, you clearly care nothing about fashion and wear what your wife lays out for you. 2nd, do you think Oregon uniforms are made to attract 45 year old men in wal-mart sweatpants?lol..the kids LOVE Oregon's uniform, and these ugly uniforms play a huge role in their recruiting. They know their target audience and are maximizing every advantage they have. Top 5 class this year btw... If we could be so lucky to have UGLY uniforms I would be all N for it!

Explain Alabsm
ht3s0REu_400x400.jpg

6 rated cb in the country Mkael Wright. This is the twitter profile pic he chose to use!!!! I could go on and on but I will let you learn on your own if you chose to...

How many times has Oregon had a top 5 or 10 recruiting class?

Reactions: barney44
Explain Alabama? I have to tell you guys that "hey, if we win 5 national championships in 8 yrs, that will help recruiting."

Some people have trouble making a point...
The point is dont bash a team who is thinking progressive and catering to their audience..and they have had some success doing it. Formed a pretty good program in Butfuc, Oregon. You dont like what 17 yr olds like and thats perfectly fine

The point is dont bash a team who is thinking progressive and catering to their audience..and they have had some success doing it. Formed a pretty good program in Butfuc, Oregon. You dont like what 17 yr olds like and thats perfectly fine
Like I said, some people are incapable of making a point. Thanks for representing.

Explain Alabama? I have to tell you guys that "hey, if we win 5 national championships in 8 yrs, that will help recruiting."

Well it wasn’t the uniforms and Tuscaloosa isn’t exactly some paradise. Nick Saban built an attractive college football program and works his ass off in maintaining that.

Oregon started winning on what Mike Belotti built and what Chip Kelly revolutionized.

It takes a certain kind of coach who can get good enough players to execute at a high level.

Reactions: Bold Words

Considering the BOR just extended with Adidas for the next 10 years I’m guessing that’s not happening. The reality is, Adidas wants to compete with Nike in the football world and for as much money as they have sunk into NU I would almost go so far as to say NU is Adidas Flagship program. A successful NU program would be huge for Adidas.

Had to get something off my chest..im tired of old men sitting around in Dad jeans and "im with stupid" t-shirt talking about how bad Oregon uniforms are. First, you clearly care nothing about fashion and wear what your wife lays out for you. 2nd, do you think Oregon uniforms are made to attract 45 year old men in wal-mart sweatpants?lol..the kids LOVE Oregon's uniform, and these ugly uniforms play a huge role in their recruiting. They know their target audience and are maximizing every advantage they have. Top 5 class this year btw... If we could be so lucky to have UGLY uniforms I would be all N for it!

What a tool...if its the uniform that makes the decision for the kid...he's the wrong kid for NU...sorry you don't get that but someday you may mature, wise up and you will.

This is the type facility Nebraska need to invest in ASAP. Most of you hate Oregon unis but I must say they have one of best facilities in the country. Bill Moos needs the donors to pony up the $. Scott knows how good the Oregon facilities are since he worked there so he’s hoping NU can do something similar. Here is Oregon facility tour -

Last edited:
This is the type facility Nebraska need to invest in ASAP. Most of you hate Oregon unis but I must say they have one of best facilities in the country. Bill Moos needs the donors to pony up the $. Scott knows how good the Oregon facilities are since he worked there so he’s hoping NU can do something similar. Here is Oregon facility tour -

Half the video was spent in the equipment room, the other half on everything else. That big wooden chair says Uncle Phil. Where is the trophy room?

They do look fancy as hell though. As far as cool factor they’re tip top but performance wise I doubt it’s revolutionary.

Hopefully we can get a good upgrade soon..

Lol..you assume im young bc im willing to adapt to the times? Im not avacating grown men running around in skinny jeans either. Simply stating that we have to keep in mind, our target audience is 17-22 yr old kids. Cant knock oregon for finding their angle.

I am "avacating" that if you manage to go get your GED, you apply for fashion school in Eugene.

ht3s0REu_400x400.jpg

Wow, one player really supports your point. Laughing Why has every team in the universe added black as one of their primary colors when it's not even one of their school colors? Did you see that Oregon has a black uniform too?

See anyone you recognize here? Hehe.. See a lot of bright colors? Game over..drive home safely.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/7/29/16059718/worst-college-football-uniforms

Remind me again...what the hell is AVACATING?!!! Give "advocating" a try, professor. Dumber than a box of rocks indeed.

Remind me again...what the hell is AVACATING?!!! Give "advocating" a try, professor. Dumber than a box of rocks indeed.
Oh we got a spell checker here!lol..I thought this was a football blog, didnt know we were turning in papers fruitcake.(Damn I forget to use an apostrophe for DIDN'T)lol

Wow, one player really supports your point. Laughing Why has every team in the universe added black as one of their primary colors when it's not even one of their school colors? Did you see that Oregon has a black uniform too?

See anyone you recognize here? Hehe.. See a lot of bright colors? Game over..drive home safely.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/7/29/16059718/worst-college-football-uniforms
morgan.jpg

GAME OVER!!!! OMG!!!! Megan from Alpha Kappa Theta totally doesnt like Oregons uniforms, and wrote about it! Go MEGS

I like the idea of having designated alternates like OU and OSU.

Nebraska needs to find a few alternates that are slick (key word) and stick with them, 1-3 games a year. A few for home games, a few for away games. The whole new uni every year idea just gives more opportunities to mess it up.

I will give you the home game uniforms - but get off my lawn when it comes to the away uniforms. There is nothing that gives me a little tingle down there where it counts more than seeing the red pants, white jerseys, and the traditional N on white helmets!

Nearly everyone is tinkering with their uniforms and alternates. Additionally, just about every major program has spent millions on facilities. I agree that Nebraska needs to compete in these areas, but aren't we already doing that? We've had alternates for years and we have consistently upgraded our facilities.

If the argument is that Nebraska needs to sign a deal with Under Armor or Nike, that's fine I guess. Maybe Adidas offered the best deal, though?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT