ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon, UCLA, USC

Egregious Error

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 6, 2009
Is it just me, or are these teams getting a little too much hype as National Championship contenders going into the season?

First off, Steve Sarkisian was this close to walking across the field to congratulate Barney Cotton on a nice win. He has never done better than 9-4 and USC lost a few defensive playmakers to the NFL. I wasn't all that impressed with their defense in that game, either. So color me skeptical.

I have little doubt Oregon and UCLA will be good teams, but they have to replace Mariota and Hundley, respectively. That alone makes me want to see them play a couple of games against good competition before crowning them.

If someone went to the future and came back and told the Pac 12 title game will be Stanford vs. Arizona State, I wouldn't be surprised at all. I wouldn't argue with anyone who says the P12 will be the deepest conference this season, but I just don't know if I see any elite teams.

Am I crazy?

I agree with you. I don't see USC being a real contender with their current DC. They have talent and will recruit well but I think it was a mistake bringing Wilcox. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Arizona schools wins the south.

The PAC is pretty deep as a conference. I don't think UCLA is good enough to go undefeated or finish with 1 loss. I feel Oregon is the best team of those three, but as you pointed out replacing Mariota will be difficult. It should make for some good games in the PAC.

lol RRT, well Played. The great thing about the playoffs blowing up the SEC myth ; is all these other teams are getting press - due to tOSU victory. Not to mention, other SEC teams were Beaten in bowl games... Remember at one point they were trying to squeeze 3 or 4 SEC team into the playoffs. IMO we need an 8 team playoff to eliminate more politics and ego driven manipulation. ,,,, So the hype ( early lobbying ), is good. A conference wins more titles, if they get more of the limited slots. IMO, one of the coolest things in cfb, is the upsets and heroics, when teams are allowed to play.

Cornicator are you reading those troll polls again ? Are they still located in the Grail in Al Gore's internet?

I actually think Oregon State wins a title this year now that they have a real coach.
2928543-524906464-Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT