ADVERTISEMENT

Opposite of Kaz's thread.....

huskerfan1414

Defensive Coordinator
Oct 25, 2014
which movie that gets a lot of love from most people do you think sucks? Any mentioned in Kaz's thread that. You can't stand?
I saw many but I'll start it off with the assassination of Jesse james by the coward Robert ford. I couldn't believe that made the list. But that one isn't super popular so I'll get everyone's panties in a bundle and say:
Godfather. I do not care for the Godfather.

Reactions: 94husker
Let me say right now that for the most part (other than Young Frankenstein) Mel Brooks sucks. I walked out of Spaceballs 20 minutes after it started. I also can't stand Blazing Saddles. The guy is just way too old school humor for me. The Airplane, Police Academy, and Naked Gun movies also completely suck ass. Any of the apocalyptic big budget stinkers like Armageddon and Independence Day are also a monumental waste of one's time.

There are a lot of movies that suck, but Spaceballs and Blazing Saddles are awesome!! Sorry you don't appreciate that humor.

For me the one movie that was getting tons of great praise was Avatar. I watched it and admit the special effects were great, but the dialogue and character depth was just awful. My son had friends who were saying it was the best movie they'd ever seen, so hopefully that was their only movie. 2012 also ranks up there with the worst movie ever. I agree a lot of blockbusters are really, really stupid. Love my comedies.

Let me say right now that for the most part (other than Young Frankenstein) Mel Brooks sucks. I walked out of Spaceballs 20 minutes after it started. I also can't stand Blazing Saddles. The guy is just way too old school humor for me. The Airplane, Police Academy, and Naked Gun movies also completely suck ass. Any of the apocalyptic big budget stinkers like Armageddon and Independence Day are also a monumental waste of one's time.
Booooooo!!!!!!

Dude....

I'm all in when it comes to America kicking ET's ass. Battleship, Independence Day, Cowboys and Aliens, Pacific Rim, Predator, there are a ton I am missing but anytime ET gets his ass handed to him by America, I'm all in.

There are a lot of movies that suck, but Spaceballs and Blazing Saddles are awesome!! Sorry you don't appreciate that humor.

For me the one movie that was getting tons of great praise was Avatar. I watched it and admit the special effects were great, but the dialogue and character depth was just awful. My son had friends who were saying it was the best movie they'd ever seen, so hopefully that was their only movie. 2012 also ranks up there with the worst movie ever. I agree a lot of blockbusters are really, really stupid. Love my comedies.
My buddy and I saw Avatar 3D at the theatre when it came out. Arguably, I think it was a genre changer, just as the Michael Jackson video "Thriller" was for music videos.

I also liked the special effects for 2012. Particularily when the tidal wave comes over the mountain tops about to send the monk into eternity, was well done, I thought.

Reactions: 94husker
  • Wasn't Avatar sort of Star Wars without

Isn't Avatar essentially Star Wars without the technology? Don't both loosely reference the book of Revelation.

which movie that gets a lot of love from most people do you think sucks? Any mentioned in Kaz's thread that. You can't stand?
I saw many but I'll start it off with the assassination of Jesse james by the coward Robert ford. I couldn't believe that made the list. But that one isn't super popular so I'll get everyone's panties in a bundle and say:
Godfather. I do not care for the Godfather.

Easy: any Quentin Tarantino movie. His movies became popular in the 90s because of their excess of violence (squirting blood) and campy/absurd humor (you made a bingo), but it's gotten very old, very fast. Between Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill, Django Unchained, etc I haen't wanted to rwatch any of them. Ingoriuos Basterds is probably the best of the bunch, but only because of the alternate quasi-Leni Riefenstall movie.

Easy: any Quentin Tarantino movie. His movies became popular in the 90s because of their excess of violence (squirting blood) and campy/absurd humor (you made a bingo), but it's gotten very old, very fast. Between Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill, Django Unchained, etc I haen't wanted to rwatch any of them. Ingoriuos Basterds is probably the best of the bunch, but only because of the alternate quasi-Leni Riefenstall movie.

I'm not to the point that I won't watch them, but I get what you are talking about. I put up with the mindless rambling in the ones you mentioned, but for some reason I didn't notice it as much in Inglorious Basterds. Probably because both Christopher Waltz and Brad Pitt were fantastic in that flick.

I have a bit of a problem with him taking serious topics like Naziism and slavery and making a bit of a farce out of them, but a part of me loved seeing Hitler's cabinet, the KKK, and slave owners get what was coming to them. If only it could have happened that way in real life, and before there was any loss of life.

Apocalypse Now.

Nothing ever happened. Once the movie finished I was happy that it was finally over, but also pissed that I wasted my time watching that crap.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT