ADVERTISEMENT

opening day lineup

katie99

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 24, 2003
anyone know the projected batting order? Guessing Bolt hits 3rd.

I'll take a stab...

SS (R) Reveles
3B (R) Alvarado
CF (L) Boldt
DH (L) Miller
1B (R) Schreiber
2B (L) Schleppenbach against RHP/(R) Placzek against LHP
LF (R) Meyers
RF (L) Dilday
C (R) Fish

Placzek can be moved around the infield other than 1B as needed, Alvarado between 3B and LF. Frees things up for if Miller or Meyers are needed to pitch. Last year, Schlepp only played against RHP.
I imagine (R) Wilkening gets a few games at C or DH this season, has a pretty good bat.

Starting Pitchers
RHP Howell
RHP Burkamper
RHP King
LHP West
RHP Luensmann

Relief Pitchers
LHP Knutson
LHP Fisher
RHP Engelken

Closer
RHP Chestnut

Lots of new arms this season and I think Hohensee is out this season (Tommy John surgery?). Howell, Burkamper, and King seem like our best three starters among returners, unfortunately all three are righties. I'm picking West and Luensmann as the two guys to get first crack at midweek games but will likely come out of the bullpen the first couple weekends (first midweek series is March 8-9 vs. N. Colorado).

But with lots of freshman pitchers (and a lot of other younger guys we didn't see much of last season), anything can happen with the pitching staff.

I base all of this off of no insider information other than listening to a Red Sox scout talk on and on about Luensmann last year at the Big Ten tournament.

Reactions: k9_r
Good job Saluno, I do think that Meyers will end up higher in that lineup if not at the beginning of the season than definitely towards the end. Also feel Child's will get the start most days at catcher. Waldron will also play quite a bit at 1st base during the midweek games and has the potential to crack a weekend spot.

My guess...
Reveles
Schleppy
Boldt
Miller
Dilday
Schreiber
Alvarado
Meyers
Fish, or Fish Meyers

Pitchers
Howell -Fri (if he can stretch it out)
Burkamper- Sat (or lefty, or King if Howell can't stretch)
King -Sun, or a lefty (Knudsen or McSteen?)

Engleken - Tues
Luensmann - Wed (or Eddins)

I see the team running, bunting and driving the
ball in the gaps and going first to third whenever they can.

I think we have more team speed this year and will see the pressure offense Darin has wanted for the last few years...

Should be fun if the pitching holds up. Defense should be improved too I think.

Can't wait for CoC...

Good job Saluno, I do think that Meyers will end up higher in that lineup if not at the beginning of the season than definitely towards the end. Also feel Child's will get the start most days at catcher. Waldron will also play quite a bit at 1st base during the midweek games and has the potential to crack a weekend spot.
Waldron at 1B and move Schreiber over to 3B perhaps?

Waldron at 1B and move Schreiber over to 3B perhaps?

I think that would be preferable if it worked out that way because it would allow for Boldt, Dilday, Alvarado, and Meyers to hold down the outfield. Waldron also has a big stick that this lineup may need in the lineup.

At the end of the day all these guys are pretty stout defenders so offense will be the decider on who plays.

Reactions: saluno22
My guess...
Reveles
Schleppy
Boldt
Miller
Dilday
Schreiber
Alvarado
Meyers
Fish, or Fish Meyers

Pitchers
Howell -Fri (if he can stretch it out)
Burkamper- Sat (or lefty, or King if Howell can't stretch)
King -Sun, or a lefty (Knudsen or McSteen?)

Engleken - Tues
Luensmann - Wed (or Eddins)

I see the team running, bunting and driving the
ball in the gaps and going first to third whenever they can.

I think we have more team speed this year and will see the pressure offense Darin has wanted for the last few years...

Should be fun if the pitching holds up. Defense should be improved too I think.

Can't wait for CoC...

Look's good. For a man of his size...we need more production out of Miller this year.

Reactions: saluno22
2B (L) Schleppenbach (great eye ... super on base average ... perfect for lead off man)
SS (R) Reveles (good contact/sacrifice and hits opposite way well and can more the base runner)
CF (L) Boldt (THE Man)
3B (R) Alvarado (break out season and solid enough hitter to protect Boldt so they don't just pitch around RB)
DH (L) Miller (clean up the bases that will be chock full of the Huskers in front of him)
1B (R) Schreiber
RF (L) Dilday (another dude that is poised for a break out season)
LF (R) Meyers (will be hard to keep him this low in the order ... rock solid hitter)
C (R) Fish

I really like this line up, and I like the way this would go back and forth from left to right hand batters.

2B (L) Schleppenbach (great eye ... super on base average ... perfect for lead off man)
SS (R) Reveles (good contact/sacrifice and hits opposite way well and can more the base runner)
CF (L) Boldt (THE Man)
3B (R) Alvarado (break out season and solid enough hitter to protect Boldt so they don't just pitch around RB)
DH (L) Miller (clean up the bases that will be chock full of the Huskers in front of him)
1B (R) Schreiber
RF (L) Dilday (another dude that is poised for a break out season)
LF (R) Meyers (will be hard to keep him this low in the order ... rock solid hitter)
C (R) Fish

I really like this line up, and I like the way this would go back and forth from left to right hand batters.
Nailed it. I think there are a lot of runs in that line up as long as Big Ben comes through.

Concerned about catcher. Sure wish the kid from Norris wouldn't have signed MLB contract!

I won't even take a stab because it be an ill informed guess, that being said I have season baseball tickets for the 1st year ever & am looking forward to the start of the season!!!! GBR

Reactions: RobsterMobster
Nate Fisher had tommy johns surgery last summer and his bio says he will be out for all of 2016. Can anyone confirm or deny?
Erstad said last night at the fan fest tha tFisher is out for the season. He also said you will see Knutson in the 7th and 8th inning role and sounded like Mcsteen is still a little ways away from pitching due to his labrum surgery last year

ADVERTISEMENT