ADVERTISEMENT

Open Practice Tweets

Severe and Benning just said Masker is our backup. Said Smothers looked awful and Haarberg isn’t ready
And mcaffrey felt he had no chance to beat these guys out. Seems to have a lack of confidence about his game or felt his arm was not suited for the offense maybe?

It sounds like Smothers is a dynamic runner, so they could at least use him like they did LM, as a glorified RB.
AM is the current glorified RB playing QB here

LM was going to be a glorified WR playing QB until he left.

Hopefully, one day, we will land a QB to play QB here. There's already 342 rb's and wr's on the roster. Need someone to get THEM the ball instead of running around with it till they get hurt.

giphy.gif
Can never get tired of this gif.

Yep. If the staff didn't get to work on this the minute LM left, they're not very bright.

Not many survive 4 consecutive piss poor seasons to open things up.
I harped on it before saying it was a massive mistake to not go hard after a transfer before LM left.
After he left, the market was already dried up.

They’ve stated they did not seriously entertain a transfer.
I think that’s a decision that’s hard to defend, made worse once LM jumped.
If Smothers is not ready to be #2, the inaction is inexcusable.

We can add to it the inaction of coaches not reaching out to Gretna’s Zane Flores.
Not saying an offer, just contact. They’re asleep at the wheel right now.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I harped on it before saying it was a massive mistake to not go hard after a transfer before LM left.
After he left, the market was already dried up.

They’ve stated they did not seriously entertain a transfer.
I think that’s a decision that’s hard to defend, made worse once LM jumped.
If Smothers is not ready to be #2, the inaction is inexcusable.

We can add to it the inaction of coaches not reaching out to Gretna’s Zane Flores.
Not saying an offer, just contact. They’re asleep at the wheel right now.

I think there will be a market for transfer QB’s again this spring. Some guys will enter the portal after they don’t like where they sit on the depth chart and someone may emerge after the JUCO season.

I think there will be a market for transfer QB’s again this spring. Some guys will enter the portal after they don’t like where they sit on the depth chart and someone may emerge after the JUCO season.
I agree, but my problem is then you’re trying to assimilate a QB with minimal prep time.
I really would have liked to push the spring competition.

It was perplexing to me when Smothers was offered. Either you can throw the ball or you can’t, sure things can be refined but there has to be something there to refine first.
I have no idea why the cigar smoking grandma claims he can turn anyone into Dan Marino, by just adjusting their footwork.

Reactions: 3 n out1
Do people think the QBs listed above are looking to transfer to a school with a 3 year starter plus 2 more years of eligibility left so they can compete to be the backup?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
It sounds like Smothers is a dynamic runner, so they could at least use him like they did LM, as a glorified RB.
Do you think he would stick around for that? Especially if he believes he is a QB and wants to play more and potentially doesn't take meaningful QB snaps as long as 2 is here (Assuming 2 more years) and the specter of not being the guy after that?

I wonder if he has enough of that "cha-ching" that weekend at Bernie's wants out of his Qbs.

All said after hearing what DB and MS said about the QB room, something stinks, and it's not the diaper genie.

Do you think he would stick around for that? Especially if he believes he is a QB and wants to play more and potentially doesn't take meaningful QB snaps as long as 2 is here (Assuming 2 more years) and the specter of not being the guy after that?

I wonder if he has enough of that "cha-ching" that weekend at Bernie's wants out of his Qbs.

All said after hearing what DB and MS said about the QB room, something stinks, and it's not the diaper genie.

Who knows if he would stick around or not, but if he isn’t a good passer it seems like about the only way to contribute.

Who knows if he would stick around or not, but if he isn’t a good passer it seems like about the only way to contribute.
I don't disagree. It's just a very discouraging development, especially seeing how quickly Luke left and could have probably had a similar role.

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT