ADVERTISEMENT

Open Practice Tweets

giphy.gif

I’m just fine beating Wiskey, Ioway, Northwestern and the Gophers all in one year... No need to get greedy winning the whole ball of wax..:cool:
Beating Wiskey for the first time in forever would be a start. We were lucky they fumbled the ball in 2012. Had they not done that, we might be zero against them.

2015 we handed the game over to them, so don’t give me this “ we were lucky they fumbled “ crap in 2012..
I’d say we were lucky. Hard to say it was skill or talent. Our coaching definitely wasn’t good. If you remember, Wisky started the year with quite a few new coaches. They even replaced their OC a couple games before they played us. Given that, we had a huge advantage over them. But we looked like the Keystone Cops for most of the game. Very undisciplined and error-prone.

Reactions: countrybob
I’m just fine beating Wiskey, Ioway, Northwestern and the Gophers all in one year... No need to get greedy winning the whole ball of wax..:cool:

I'll take 3 out of 4. I would love to beat Wisc AND Iowa this year, but I feel it is MANDATORY that we beat AT LEAST one of them.

No way both those streaks continue this year...

2015 we handed the game over to them, so don’t give me this “ we were lucky they fumbled “ crap in 2012..
Much like the narrative that if not for a couple of punt returns, we'd be on an eight-game losing streak to Iowa. Hell, if special teams don't count, we'd be on a three-game winning streak against the Hawkeyes.

Much like the narrative that if not for a couple of punt returns, we'd be on an eight-game losing streak to Iowa. Hell, if special teams don't count, we'd be on a three-game winning streak against the Hawkeyes.
Touche’

Nelson has the lateral movement of a semi truck..he will continue to get taken advantage of by quarterbacks/ running backs in the open field.
Here we go again... Shitting on Nelson when he's easily the best player at that position.

Here we go again... Shitting on Nelson when he's easily the best player at that position.
Exactly. Love the armchair chat board “coaches” who are a better judge of talent than the coaches getting paid six figures who see these guys in practice every day. Nelson is a very solid player. He is not an All American, but he is a good player. The guys behind him might have more raw talent, but most likely are inconsistent.

Not to mention the kids a “Husker” through and through, how could you not route for a kid like that and call yourself’s fans of Nebraska??? This was just a “practice” and does not define the season this year, so don’t get your panties in a bunch.

Reactions: HominidHusker
Exactly. Love the armchair chat board “coaches” who are a better judge of talent than the coaches getting paid six figures who see these guys in practice every day. Nelson is a very solid player. He is not an All American, but he is a good player. The guys behind him might have more raw talent, but most likely are inconsistent.
There is a difference between best we have and a good player. He may be the best we have, but he wouldn’t sniff the field at many, if any, other Big 10 schools.

and c’mon @Pennsyhusker This is a football message board, you me and everybody else on here are guilty of armchair coaching

Not a lot of high praise coming out of North Stadium for Smothers. Hmm, guess he isn’t the second coming that some have described? Frost and Mario sure do love themselves some noodle arm.

The QB room remains a disaster. Frost better think twice before calling his second favorite play behind the swing pass. QB draw on third and 12.

Severe and Benning just said Masker is our backup. Said Smothers looked awful and Haarberg isn’t ready

Severe and Benning just said Masker is our backup. Said Smothers looked awful and Haarberg isn’t ready

This should surprise nobody. But funny considering some proclaimed Smothers would unseat Martinez this year.

The weirdo QB coach must have some serious dirt on Frost. The least Frost could do at this point is find a halfway capable QB for the next HC.

And Carriker said Haarberg has a strong arm and he can see why the coaches like about him moving forward...

Smothers makes quicker decisions but doesn’t necessarily have a strong enough arm..

If that’s the case Frost needs to look hard at the transfer portal and see if he can find someone willing to come in and sit behind AM (well at least til he inevitably gets injured).

If that’s the case Frost needs to look hard at the transfer portal and see if he can find someone willing to come in and sit behind AM (well at least til he inevitably gets injured).
If they haven't been after this already, it's pretty likely that this coaching staff will be leaving the program around the same time AM leaves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT