ADVERTISEMENT

Only 2 wrs caught a pass..

ru4nu2win

All-American
May 2, 2006
Spielman and Wandale. Where is Woodyard, Williams, kade Warner etc. Wandale is not even a true WR. Wow this stat really sucks! Stoll was only TE with a catch.

Where is anything resembling Frost's offense at UCF? Where are the quick dump passes to athletic playmakers? Where are the zone read plays by the QB? I think I saw two. It's like they have totally abandoned the system that worked for ???. Mostly I saw Martinez trying to stay in the pocket for seven seconds before taking a sack. Not a recipe for success.

Spielman and Wandale. Where is Woodyard, Williams, kade Warner etc. Wandale is not even a true WR. Wow this stat really sucks! Stoll was only TE with a catch.

And how many were targeted?

With what CU was doing on D in the 2nd half yesterday I kept waiting for Austin Allen to be targeted. Still waiting.

Reactions: frostonthegrass
O line doesnt give qb time to look much. Have to be able to run the ball to open more plays. Mills gained nearly 1000 yds at Ga. Tech, he cant get to the linebackers behind this line, so much for lifting weights and getting bigger and stronger. Sick and tired of hearing we will get better, 20 years of this is getting old

Martinez had excellent time on most plays, but he isn't liking something he sees out there. I don't know if guys are not open, not running proper routes or what.

Or maybe he is just blowing reads but I agree you're not seeing the "damned if you do damned if you don't" conflicts they were putting teams in.

They really don't seem to know what to do with the fact that they can't execute inside and outside zone right now.

O line doesnt give qb time to look much. Have to be able to run the ball to open more plays. Mills gained nearly 1000 yds at Ga. Tech, he cant get to the linebackers behind this line, so much for lifting weights and getting bigger and stronger. Sick and tired of hearing we will get better, 20 years of this is getting old

What game did you watch? Multiple times AM sat in the pocket for at least 5 seconds and nothing. IMO he is just having a hard time processing information.

Reactions: 8th Street
Martinez had excellent time on most plays, but he isn't liking something he sees out there. I don't know if guys are not open, not running proper routes or what.

Or maybe he is just blowing reads but I agree you're not seeing the "damned if you do damned if you don't" conflicts they were putting teams in.

They really don't seem to know what to do with the fact that they can't execute inside and outside zone right now.

The passing game and the offense really are all reliant on having a running game. We need teams to have to dedicate more than 3-5 guys to stop the run to open up the pass. Anyone would struggle to throw against a team dropping 7 guys every play.

The passing game and the offense really are all reliant on having a running game. We need teams to have to dedicate more than 3-5 guys to stop the run to open up the pass. Anyone would struggle to throw against a team dropping 7 guys every play.
Was about to say the same thing. It all starts up front unless you have some 6'5 Megatron to whom you can just chuck the ball up to. As others have said, it's going to be a long season with our poor interior line play.

True, but I also don't think Martinez is a very good in-the-pocket QB. Even on designed pass plays, I would like to see NU move him around where the defense has to be concerned with his running ability. Sitting in the pocket, he's just a guy with a pretty decent arm who's a bit slow on the trigger.

Reactions: pahusker139
True, but I also don't think Martinez is a very good in-the-pocket QB. Even on designed pass plays, I would like to see NU move him around where the defense has to be concerned with his running ability. Sitting in the pocket, he's just a guy with a pretty decent arm who's a bit slow on the trigger.

You’re not going to find many great in the pocket passers who can also run like AM. Let’s not forget, he’s a true sophomore. If we can get improvement up front, we’ll be fine. It happened last year. It can happen again.

I agree.
Colorado focused on containment towards the outside to reduce Adrian's running game. Shocked we didn't see more dedicated shotgun QB draws up the middle, especially when there was only 3 down linemen.

You’re not going to find many great in the pocket passers who can also run like AM. Let’s not forget, he’s a true sophomore. If we can get improvement up front, we’ll be fine. It happened last year. It can happen again.
Yeah I’m not complaining about Martinez not being a good pocket passer, I just think he needs to be utilized differently.

Reactions: pahusker139

stop being reasonable.

Yeah I’m not complaining about Martinez not being a good pocket passer, I just think he needs to be utilized differently.
he is a better Tommy Armstrong and needs to be used more dynamically.
If the RB running game isn't ready, lean on the QB running game.

The guy from California was a wasted scholarship the way he's being used. He's suppose to be great at finding the open spot in zones and catching the ball. So what do we do, throw it deep to him where he's trying to beat a corner 1 on 1. He's a posession receiver, that means 8-9 yard routes, find the hole in the zone and throw it to him.

He sucks this year. He dint know how to throw to open guys.he has guys open at times but if they arent his 1 or 2 he wont throw to them for some stupid reason.

If warner is fully healthy, he should start over Noa. When warner started last year we started turning it around. He’s a great blocker and the good safety-net for martinez.

He sucks this year. He dint know how to throw to open guys.he has guys open at times but if they arent his 1 or 2 he wont throw to them for some stupid reason.
Yeah I don't know if he's staring down his primary receiver or what. By the way I hate that term, you should be ready to throw it to any receiver. The underneath routes over the middle have been open and AM is completely overlooking them.

I have often wondered if some of our secondary receivers really suck or if it is the fact that AM only has trust in a couple guys and doesn’t go thru his progressions to find open receivers. I haven’t watched yesterday’s game yet to really know one way or another.

ADVERTISEMENT