ADVERTISEMENT

Only 1 Offensive Player...

JabroniBlvd

Sophomore
Nov 5, 2005
On our entire 2 deep for offense that is a Senior and he is also a grad transfer (Toure). If we can pick up some steam this year that would be a good sign going forward. Only 4 on defense, but I assume CTB will go to the NFL after this season. Even that is impressive for a 2-Deep if they play well this season. Beat Illinois and gain some momentum #GBR

On our entire 2 deep for offense that is a Senior and he is also a grad transfer (Toure). If we can pick up some steam this year that would be a good sign going forward. Only 4 on defense, but I assume CTB will go to the NFL after this season. Even that is impressive for a 2-Deep if they play well this season. Beat Illinois and gain some momentum #GBR
Our starting QB is a Sr. and has already graduated.

Many years ago several of us would chart players coming into the program, predict starters and look at the teams we played. This was way before the internet so we subscribed to all the magazines and newsletters.

What I learned was that just looking at a roster of players coming.back is very deceiving. On paper, almost every team looked good. There were many teams we played that had "experienced" players coming back that were huge and on paper, it looked like we could get beat. Low and behold, we would trounce this team's.

What I learned was just seeing names weights and years in the program meant little until you dug a lot deeper into awards and recognitions. Having an experienced two deep means little if they truly have not accomplished anything singularly or collectively.

Reactions: SWIowahawks

78 scholarship players have underclassmen eligibility. 60 scholarship players have at least 3 years remaining eligibility.

ADVERTISEMENT