ADVERTISEMENT

One year ago today

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
Boy what difference a year makes, Last year I was so excited about Selection Sunday anticipating who we would play and where.

Today it's just an after thought knowing we will not play another game till next year.....

Really thought last year at this time we would be going after our first NCAA win... Boy was I mistaken and disappointed the whole Basketball season.
sad0020.r191677.gif

Only game that was a bright spot was the win against Michigan State at home.

I hear ya. I know exactly what ya mean. Even worse for me, I'm wondering if last year was an aberration. That could just be the pessimist in me. IDK. I hope so. I really want a successful hoops program, though. You just get jaded after so long of being bad. What gets me a lil excited, though, is knowing Omaha is one of the cities with first round games. Hoping to snag some tickets.

Originally posted by BetterRed:

I hear ya. I know exactly what ya mean. Even worse for me, I'm wondering if last year was an aberration. That could just be the pessimist in me. IDK. I hope so. I really want a successful hoops program, though. You just get jaded after so long of being bad. What gets me a lil excited, though, is knowing Omaha is one of the cities with first round games. Hoping to snag some tickets.
How much money do you think a single session will cost on the streets?.

Couple of buddies might head down at least just to soak in the atmosphere.

Not sure, but I'm exploring my options. I'm willing to fork out some cash, though. Wont say how much for the sake of looking ridiculous. But I missed out the last time they were here and vowed not to do it again. I think it'll depend on who's here, though, on the price.

Originally posted by BetterRed:

Not sure, but I'm exploring my options. I'm willing to fork out some cash, though. Wont say how much for the sake of looking ridiculous. But I missed out the last time they were here and vowed not to do it again. I think it'll depend on who's here, though, on the price.
I went last time, got lucky and a buddy of mine had tickets on the main floor and seen the big Missouri upset 4 years ago forget who they played again but it was one of the funniest Basketball games I seen in that big of environment.

What at is the face value of a session I wonder?

I will have some to sell for both sessions on Friday (2 games in each session)
If you are interested let me know. Hopefully they will be lower bowl seats but that is not set in stone yet.

I think it was Norfolk St...A year from now we could be waiting to see who UNO plays...that would be pretty cool too

Originally posted by mwulf:
I think it was Norfolk St...A year from now we could be waiting to see who UNO plays...that would be pretty cool too
That's who it was..... Should have remembered that too.

San Antonio was a blast last year. I should have bought session tix for 1st weekend in Omaha, but didn't even think about it. The tourney atmosphere is legit.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by JohnRossEwing:
I will have some to sell for both sessions on Friday (2 games in each session)
If you are interested let me know. Hopefully they will be lower bowl seats but that is not set in stone yet.
I'll keep ya in mind if things don't turn out for me. I don't care where they are, really. I just would like to be there and soak in the atmosphere. I'll sit nosebleed if I have to.

ADVERTISEMENT