ADVERTISEMENT

One thing very noticable about the coaches

Husker.Wed.

Athletic Director
Feb 13, 2004
Omaha Metro
When they speak they always talk about technique, formations and things like that. For instance, Banker was talking about missed tackles and said the players pulled up short and did not push through the tackle. They also seem to rely a lot on statistics as they often show up with crib sheets with the numbers like 3rd down conversions, penalties, etc. Now I'm sure this won't amount to a hill of beans if we end the season at 33% like now, but I find the PCs much more informative than the two previous staffs.

When they speak they always talk about technique, formations and things like that. For instance, Banker was talking about missed tackles and said the players pulled up short and did not push through the tackle. They also seem to rely a lot on statistics as they often show up with crib sheets with the numbers like 3rd down conversions, penalties, etc. Now I'm sure this won't amount to a hill of beans if we end the season at 33% like now, but I find the PCs much more informative than the two previous staffs.
Good observation, watching the DAY by Day Husker show, highlights this with player talking about how much technically they have learned from this staff.

You have to look at statistics now. Bo Pelini always said he didn't pay much attention to that stuff which was an outright lie. That was just his way of getting out of discussing it. The interaction with these coaches is much more enjoyable.

They are so comfortable sharing information, part of it is because of their experience, as Riley said at one PC "this isn't rocket science".

we have a professional staff that is organized as opposed to one that just wings it from day to day..

how much that impacts things, I don't know..

we have a professional staff that is organized as opposed to one that just wings it from day to day..

how much that impacts things, I don't know..
One of the local reporters made the comment that by now everybody should know that Riley and his staff are VERY transparent. IMO they are comfortable and confident in what they are doing and don't feel the need to hide anything that doesn't benefit an opponent. They also know that our opponents see the game video so there is little reason to try hide anything. They recognize that this program belongs to the state and its fans and welcome having us be part of it.

One of the local reporters made the comment that by now everybody should know that Riley and his staff are VERY transparent. IMO they are comfortable and confident in what they are doing and don't feel the need to hide anything that doesn't benefit an opponent. They also know that our opponents see the game video so there is little reason to try hide anything. They recognize that this program belongs to the state and its fans and welcome having us be part of it.
I wish that was true of the coaches show.

ADVERTISEMENT