ADVERTISEMENT

One thing I keep returning to about SCOTT FROST

Charlie Marlow

Athletic Director
Sep 23, 2005
In Your Head
Was the UCF game vs Michigan his first year. After the game he was really pumped about the fact that they had outhit them. That seemed more important to him than if they had actually won or not.

I'm glad that we are going with a speed movement, but I'm happier knowing that it's not coming at the expense of physicality.

Furthermore, there is a YouTube of Harbaughs response and he was all praises for UCF and how well coached they were. Stuff we already know, but still nice to hear.

Not sure I would have made it public that he thought they "outhit" Michigan though. Would have probably kept that comment to myself. They still got stomped in that game.

Not sure I would have made it public that he thought they "outhit" Michigan though. Would have probably kept that comment to myself. They still got stomped in that game.
An 0-12 team from the year before got stomped by Michigan at Michigan.

Outhitting the opponent is a starting point, nothing more. And I don’t think it was a bad thing to publicly say that. I’m sure his players appreciated it.

I've watched both Frost's and Harbaugh's post game interviews after that game before. Frost said UCF outplayed Michigan, they just didn't execute schematically. A reporter brought this up to Harbaugh and I expected some kind of smart-ass response from Jim but he basically said he agreed.

Playing with effort is step 1.
Playing with sound fundamentals is step 2.
Executing the called play and following your assignment is step 3.
Combining all those is how you win a lot of games.

Reactions: jeans15
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT