Once again friends I plead with you

Redblooded

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Ive got multiple flu shots and all of my vaccines throughout the years and my kids have got all of their vaccines and I have not got the covid vaccine and I won’t give it to my kids, so what does that make me? I’m definitely not anti vaxxer. To be fair we all had covid. Even if my kids wouldn’t have had covid there is no way I would vaccinate them at this point when the chances are near zero they will end up in the hospital and die. I might be open to the vaccine down the road.
Down the road could be too late. I have seen this rationale before and it did not work for them. They did not have to die. Damn nice people that did not believe in the vaccine or COVID, They were lost to their family, They did not think they would get it.

HuskerGuy33

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2005
Toronto
Nobody wants Covid like nobody wants a cold. The only difference is that I'm not afraid of Covid like you scared little b*tches. Get that double-mask on and make it permanent this time weak Beta libs!
My cousin is in the hospital right now with a ventilator tube down her throat. She didn't get vaccinated either because " she wasn't afraid". Now, family is asking for prayers as she fights for her very life. I pray she pulls through mostly so she can tell her story to a bunch of others who are refusing to get vaccinated. With the vaccine, Nobody should be on deaths bed....if you still refuse, then at that point it's really on you when COVID comes knocking

huskerfan_12_05

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
Lincoln, NE
The actual number of global COVID-19 deaths may be about 6.9 million, more than double the recorded amount, according to a study from the University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics and Valuation published May 6.

As of May 6, there were more than 3.24 million reported COVID-19 deaths worldwide, according to data from Baltimore-based Johns Hopkins COVID-19 Resource Center.

The study suggests that by May 3, the actual number of deaths was 6.93 million. Estimates show the U.S. has had 905,289 COVID-19 deaths, the highest of nearly every country. The CDC recorded 575,491 coronavirus deaths in the U.S. as of May 5.

After the U.S., India, Mexico and Brazil had the highest number of unreported deaths, according to the report.

In many countries, deaths were likely unreported because only deaths that occur in hospitals or in patients with a confirmed case are recorded, the report said. Additionally, deaths in high-income countries, particularly among older individuals in long-term care facilities were likely undercounted in the early stages of the pandemic.
Isn’t this an oxymoron? There’s no way they could know even close to a # of unreported deaths because they indeed went unreported … I would argue there are just as many false reported COVID deaths of people that would’ve died anyway . Seems like a pointless “study”

scopeandtime

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2016
Ive got multiple flu shots and all of my vaccines throughout the years and my kids have got all of their vaccines and I have not got the covid vaccine and I won’t give it to my kids, so what does that make me? I’m definitely not anti vaxxer. To be fair we all had covid. Even if my kids wouldn’t have had covid there is no way I would vaccinate them at this point when the chances are near zero they will end up in the hospital and die. I might be open to the vaccine down the road.
An Anti-Covid-Vaxxer.

Last edited:

huskerfan_12_05

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
Lincoln, NE
COVID infections are up 10% in the country, mostly in pockets of the country that have not been vaccinated. These deaths from the Delta variant are totally preventable by just getting the vaccine. The vaccine is readily available. There is no reason for these deaths. Please please take the vaccine. No reason for us to lose more friends and family.
Or just have COVID last July & move on with life. There’s no reason to get the vaccine if you already had COVID. Could be why some people aren’t getting the vaccine…. I had COVID a year ago & lived a normal life since then without getting it again. How long will my immunity last? I don’t know , but neither does anyone else, clearly it’s lasted 12 months to this point

biscuitbagger3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2009
It makes you irrational, or more specifically illogical, with respect to Covid. I don’t judge you like I would an anti-vaxxer though so you did make a reasonable distinction.

Reactions: kimaniismyffriend

biscuitbagger3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2009
Or just have COVID last July & move on with life. There’s no reason to get the vaccine if you already had COVID. Could be why some people aren’t getting the vaccine…. I had COVID a year ago & lived a normal life since then without getting it again. How long will my immunity last? I don’t know , but neither does anyone else, clearly it’s lasted 12 months to this point
There are reasons, but they aren’t as compelling if you’ve never had it.

Reactions: huskerfan_12_05

Tahoe78

Blackshirt
Gold Member
May 10, 2009
Pagosa Springs Colo
You guys are living in fear of a tiny little vaccine. Sad.
That is totally BS... I had 24 fillings removed and replaced in one day because they contained Mercury.. does that sound like someone that is afraid of a little shot. I am very chemical sensitive and choose not to get a vac. I will guarentee you that I am one of the healthiest on this board. I have been working on my immune system for over 30 years. If there is one person on here that can tell me what this would do to my system now and ten years from now then I might consider it. I have the right to make my own choices and that I will do.

biscuitbagger3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2009
That is totally BS... I had 24 fillings removed and replaced in one day because they contained Mercury.. does that sound like someone that is afraid of a little shot. I am very chemical sensitive and choose not to get a vac. I will guarentee you that I am one of the healthiest on this board. I have been working on my immune system for over 30 years. If there is one person on here that can tell me what this would do to my system now and ten years from now then I might consider it. I have the right to make my own choices and that I will do.
You do have the right to make the choice. I have the right to tell you it’s stupid and based on fear.

scopeandtime

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2016
You have 24 fillings?!

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
My cousin is in the hospital right now with a ventilator tube down her throat. She didn't get vaccinated either because " she wasn't afraid". Now, family is asking for prayers as she fights for her very life. I pray she pulls through mostly so she can tell her story to a bunch of others who are refusing to get vaccinated. With the vaccine, Nobody should be on deaths bed....if you still refuse, then at that point it's really on you when COVID comes knocking
I’m sorry to hear that. Did she have any health problems?

OneBadHuskerFan

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2014
Austin, TX
Sadly there are so many stories like this, but it is what it is. They don't care about anybody but themselves. Then when it happens to them, or somebody close to them, it's all about "hey guys, you need to take care of yourselves."

Also, good luck to your cousin. Regardless of my feelings about those that refuse the vaccine I don't wish death on any of them. Just wish they were a little smarter than they seem to think they are.

williamsonframe

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2016
Nebraska
Is she healthy besides the covid?

Cash68847

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2017
It makes you irrational, or more specifically illogical, with respect to Covid. I don’t judge you like I would an anti-vaxxer though so you did make a reasonable distinction.
Irrational how when the threat is so minimal? Almost anyone that dies from covid is fat and or old with pre existing conditions. I don’t fit any of those categories. I just got a cold that was way worse than when I had covid. Most healthy people don’t get very sick from it. I know that doesn’t fit your narrative. Now if you fit into one of the categories that get hit hard, by all means get the shot.

Cash68847

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2017
Down the road could be too late. I have seen this rationale before and it did not work for them. They did not have to die. Damn nice people that did not believe in the vaccine or COVID, They were lost to their family, They did not think they would get it.
The Cleveland clinic says I don’t even need the vaccine. Are they wrong?

Gonzo3705

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2006
The Bay or the Sierras
Guy with 24 fillings "guarentees" us that he is one of the healthiest on this board.

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Almost anyone that dies from covid is fat
This is still a huge misconception.

The % of people that die from Covid (like 76%) and are obese is high, sure... But it happens to almost line up perfectly with the % of the US population that is obese (like 72%). Indicating there's actually not much of a causation.

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Irrational how when the threat is so minimal? Almost anyone that dies from covid is fat and or old with pre existing conditions. I don’t fit any of those categories. I just got a cold that was way worse than when I had covid. Most healthy people don’t get very sick from it. I know that doesn’t fit your narrative. Now if you fit into one of the categories that get hit hard, by all means get the shot.
Not even everything you say here is true, but regardless... But it still leaves 2 massive holes.

1) If you're only goal is to give yourself the best odds of a non negative outcome (death or hospitalization or even just long term effects which are common even amongst healthy people who have mild cases), the shot is 1000x MATHEMATICALLY a better choice.

2) You're semi correct though if you have no concept of social responsibility. That you have no obligation to help your community and it's everyone for themselves.

HuskerGuy33

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2005
Toronto
I’m sorry to hear that. Did she have any health problems?
No other health problems that I'm aware of. She's not obese, but like most of us she could probably lose some weight. She's in her early 60s.

The thing with this new Delta Variant is that is is much more transmissible and anyone that is not vaccinated is much more at risk.

biscuitbagger3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2009
There isn’t a narrative. It’s basic math hence why you’re being illogical.

Cash68847

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2017
Not even everything you say here is true, but regardless... But it still leaves 2 massive holes.

1) If you're only goal is to give yourself the best odds of a non negative outcome (death or hospitalization or even just long term effects which are common even amongst healthy people who have mild cases), the shot is 1000x MATHEMATICALLY a better choice.

2) You're semi correct though if you have no concept of social responsibility. That you have no obligation to help your community and it's everyone for themselves.
I care more about my kids than you. Sorry. There is no reason to give it to them especially since they had it. I wouldn’t give it to them if they didn’t have it, and I know many other parents who won’t. I saw it first hand they had a runny nose. There are also various studies out saying reinfection rate is very rare, and the Cleveland clinic came out and said you don’t need the vaccine if you have had covid. I’ll take their word over some open scrolls mod.

I’ve never been against the vaccine in its entirety. Depending where you’re at you’re at in your life it very well could be worth taking it, but I’m not going to blame younger and healthy individuals if they don’t want to. Also if a person gets severely sick or dies it was their choice. Quit trying to be the moral police.

Cash68847

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2017
This is still a huge misconception.

The % of people that die from Covid (like 76%) and are obese is high, sure... But it happens to almost line up perfectly with the % of the US population that is obese (like 72%). Indicating there's actually not much of a causation.
They are usually older and or fat with multiple underlying health conditions. Young healthy people aren’t dying of this. If people took care of themselves better it would definitely help.

Cash68847

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2017
There isn’t a narrative. It’s basic math hence why you’re being illogical.
Explain. Give me some detailed stats into covid and who is dying from this. Any statistic is going to show young healthy people are at very minimal risk and as you get older you’re at higher risk. The other two factors that play a role are underlying health conditions and your weight. People need to look at where they are in their life and decide if they should get the shot. The circumstances aren’t the same for everyone. It’s pretty obvious.

biscuitbagger3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2009
Explain. Give me some detailed stats into covid and who is dying from this. Any statistic is going to show young healthy people are at very minimal risk and as you get older you’re at higher risk. The other two factors that play a role are underlying health conditions and your weight. People need to look at where they are in their life and decide if they should get the shot. The circumstances aren’t the same for everyone. It’s pretty obvious.
@sklarbodds explained it to you already. The only one running with a narrative here is you, otherwise you wouldn’t ask each person hoping for a different explanation.

Reactions: cavalot and kidofSN

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
follow the science........ Zero deaths from the flu last yr.........COVID RULES.......... imbecilic to think something vanished for a yr
Wrong... as usual.

Preliminary data suggests there were an estimated 24,000-62,000 flu deaths for the 2019-20 influenza season, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

However, due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, these numbers may be higher than normal for this time of year. The season-ending estimates for the flu may eventually be adjusted once complete and finalized data becomes available for the season, the CDC explained.

Their data also showed an estimate of between 39-56 million flu illnesses, 18-26 million medical flu visits, and between 410,000-740,000 flu hospitalizations. The week of April 4 was the last week of in-season reporting for flu data.

There were 179 flu-associated pediatric deaths reported in this past season. Comparatively, the 2016-17, 2017-18, and 2018-19 flu seasons were responsible for 110, 188, and 144 pediatric flu deaths, respectively

Cash68847

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2017
@sklarbodds explained it to you already. The only one running with a narrative here is you, otherwise you wouldn’t ask each person hoping for a different explanation.
An estimated 115 million people in America have had covid. 9500 people aged 39 and below have died from covid. You guys make me laugh. Like I said get the vaccine if you fall into a high risk category, but quit with the fear mongering. The risk isn’t there for young people. Your chances of dying from other things is much higher.

Last edited:

HUSKERinLA

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
COVID infections are up 10% in the country, mostly in pockets of the country that have not been vaccinated. These deaths from the Delta variant are totally preventable by just getting the vaccine. The vaccine is readily available. There is no reason for these deaths. Please please take the vaccine. No reason for us to lose more friends and family.

madbird

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2004
And wear more masks too?

Redblooded

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
The stubbornness is like a religion where the people are determined not to get vaccinated even when it is free, readily available, and can save their life.

• Sad
Reactions: HUSKERinLA

Cash68847

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2017
The stubbornness is like a religion where the people are determined not to get vaccinated even when it is free, readily available, and can save their life.
Not really. You can look at numbers with covid. Religion is based on hope.

biscuitbagger3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2009
An estimated 115 million people in America have had covid. 9500 people aged 39 and below have died from covid. You guys make me laugh. Like I said get the vaccine if you fall into a high risk category, but quit with the fear mongering. The risk isn’t there for young people. Your chances of dying from other things is much higher.
It’s not fear mongering. It’s basic math and understanding how viruses mutate. I’m not advocating for forced vaccinations, but your position is based on emotion and misunderstanding.

Reactions: Gonzo3705

Cash68847

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2017
It’s not fear mongering. It’s basic math and understanding how viruses mutate. I’m not advocating for forced vaccinations, but your position is based on emotion and misunderstanding.
It’s based on not being a real threat to anyone below 40 years of age. This virus is staying with us forever. It isn’t going anywhere. You will be getting booster shots. When the vaccine has ran a few cycles I might get it at some point. You can be the guinea pig. 9500 deaths out of 115 million cases says it’s not a threat for those below 40 who are healthy. If I was older or had medical issues I would probably get it, but since there is really no risk for my age group it’s stupid plus I’ve had the virus which would make it even more stupid to get it. The reinfection rate studies show its very unlikely you will be infected again. I have brought you numbers which are facts and you keep talking out of your ass about emotion.

Last edited:

biscuitbagger3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2009
It’s based on not being a real threat to anyone below 40 years of age. This virus is staying with us forever. It isn’t going anywhere. You will be getting booster shots. When the vaccine has ran a few cycles I might get it at some point. You can be the guinea pig. 9500 deaths out of 115 million cases says it’s not a threat for those below 40 who are healthy. If I was older or had medical issues I would probably get it, but since there is really no risk for my age group it’s stupid plus I’ve had the virus which would make it even more stupid to get it. The reinfection rate studies show its very unlikely you will be infected again. I have brought you numbers which are facts and you keep talking out of your ass about emotion.
Your own numbers prove my point.

Gill12

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2014
Acquiring COVID doesn’t mean you’ll either die or return to your previous state of health, and to assume so completely discredits the morbidity that can be associated with the virus. Suffers can have severe and sustained respiratory, neurological and cardiac affects from COVID. The vaccine substantially reduces the risk of severe complications from the virus. But if those of you want to avoid reducing this risk Bc of a personal or political agenda, have at it. Maybe there were those who did the same when the polio and MMR vaccine was rolled out as well. Seems like such a strange hill to die on, imo

Reactions: Redblooded

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
I hope you stay healthy. The old COVID was bad enough when I had it, but this Delta variant is really bad stuff.
That's not how it works at all. It's more infectious, but less deadly per infection.