ADVERTISEMENT

On the bright side......

Antwill

All-American
Dec 18, 2004
My son texted me, "This is so Nebraska."

Actually, I think if this would have happened after he was named HC or hired by Rhule, THAT would have been Nebraska!

Maybe the tide is turning since this all happened before he was hired in some capacity!

Progress!!

Last edited:
My son texted me, "This is so Nebraska."

Actually, I think if this would have been happened after he was named HC or hired by Rhule, THAT would have been Nebraska!

Maybe the tide is turning since this all happened before he was hired in some capacity!

Progress!!
Isn't he still employed by the university?

Reactions: DCBloodRed
Wow, feel bad for all the others in the fall out. AD , Coach MR etc. This is so Nebraska. Like what curse is on this program??

On administrative leave. Was will and pleasure and will be dismissed. Depending on the nature of his contract and final adjudication, he may be fired for cause.
I’m not sure there’s a contract in the nation that guards against being arrested for an alleged felony.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Wow, feel bad for all the others in the fall out. AD , Coach MR etc. This is so Nebraska. Like what curse is on this program??
We laugh lest we cry.

That pretty much sums up that last 20 years of Husker football.

Reactions: cavalot
I’m not sure there’s a contract in the nation that guards against being arrested for an alleged felony.
I would be very surprised if his contract would be in question just for "being arrested for an alleged felony." Conviction, perhaps.

It would seem more likely that the charges are dropped and Mickey quietly leaves and gets his pay. A lot we don't know but for all that has gone on and his dedication, the U would be hard pressed to deny him his pay.

The problem is who will want to hire him with the air of wife abuse in his past.

Just my opinion

I would be very surprised if his contract would be in question just for "being arrested for an alleged felony." Conviction, perhaps.

It would seem more likely that the charges are dropped and Mickey quietly leaves and gets his pay. A lot we don't know but for all that has gone on and his dedication, the U would be hard pressed to deny him his pay.

The problem is who will want to hire him with the air of wife abuse in his past.

Just my opinion
"Denying him his pay" doesn't sound quite the same as giving a guy hundreds of thousands in a buyout.

When a high profile guy is charged with two felonies on the same day that it happened, there's gotta be a high likelihood that there is physical evidence. Probably a lot of it. I think NU would be wise to withhold MJ's golden parachute/buyout for a few months to see how this plays out. Otherwise, I would think fans are going to start to balk at spending their hard earned money on seat taxes when the university is throwing millions at coaches coming in and going out.

What is Rhule thinking.

He doesn’t know Mickey in the least and the second he is hired he has Trev and TO in his ear highly recommending Mickey and then this

Gonna be a bit gun shy about any future recs

Reactions: BleedRed78
I thought he had another year or two on his contract. Well not anymore.
Damn, you're right. I totally forgot he had a three year deal. Regardless, I due believe he would have been under contract until January, anyway.

What is Rhule thinking.

He doesn’t know Mickey in the least and the second he is hired he has Trev and TO in his ear highly recommending Mickey and then this

ain't that a .....

What is Rhule thinking.

Whatever friction Rhule may have been experiencing on hiring just disappeared. If they were trying to juggle salary $$$ to work a deal with Joseph, they are no longer.

"Denying him his pay" doesn't sound quite the same as giving a guy hundreds of thousands in a buyout.

When a high profile guy is charged with two felonies on the same day that it happened, there's gotta be a high likelihood that there is physical evidence. Probably a lot of it. I think NU would be wise to withhold MJ's golden parachute/buyout for a few months to see how this plays out. Otherwise, I would think fans are going to start to balk at spending their hard earned money on seat taxes when the university is throwing millions at coaches coming in and going out.
The money for the athletic department does not come from taxes. The athletic department is funded by TV revenue, ticket sales, and donations from the boosters.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
The money for the athletic department does not come from taxes. The athletic department is funded by TV revenue, ticket sales, and donations from the boosters.
By seat tax I meant anything we fans have to pay in order to buy a ticket. But regardless, a lot of fans don’t care about where the money is coming from, only that it’s getting spent in large amounts as if NU has money to burn.

Man, imagine working 30+ years to make your name mean something and then blowing it all away.

No you F**k off..
Ever notice you’re the one always in the middle of this stuff? You have to be frustrated that you can no longer get people banned simply for stuff you don’t want to read. But by all means, don’t let that stop you from reporting dozens of posts a week. You ever thought about your own site, so you can get your safe space?

Ever notice you’re the one always in the middle of this stuff? You have to be frustrated that you can no longer get people banned simply for stuff you don’t want to read. But by all means, don’t let that stop you from reporting dozens of posts a week. You ever thought about your own site, so you can get your safe space?
Middle of what stuff, I don’t know what the hell your talking about, and if were banned at some point, you did it on your own account..

Middle of what stuff, I don’t know what the hell your talking about, and if were banned at some point, you did it on your own account..
So besides your horrible illiteracy, your memory is slipping. Sorry about your age issues.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT