ADVERTISEMENT

Omar

NebChicago

Senior
Oct 14, 2009
I know this is like talking about Paul Bunyan (myth) at this point but what are the odds he plays a meaningful role in our O next year

I don’t think Omar is a risk to leave - if he was he’d already be gone by now based-on how this year transpired for him.

The kid has some mental demons he’s working-through and there’s nothing wrong with that. This was a free year anyways so probably best to have spent the time working-on himself.

Reactions: Reditus
FWIW he is on campus.
FWIW IF one of the rumors is true and he had a tough time with COVID, some people who go through that have some emotional issues for a while after they recover. It's due to inflammation in the centers of the brain that control in particular I believe depression and anxiety. I haven't read any scientific articles on it, just media articles and we all know how inaccurate some of those can be. Very talented kid who likely has a future in the NFL if he gets his mind and body healthy. Lets all just wish him the best and leave the babysitting comments to ourselves.

What do you mean by babysit? By everything I have seen this is more about him getting himself healthy. Doesn't seem to be a problem or team distraction.

The way I see it, the issues aren't about Nebraska and won't go away no matter where he is playing.

What I mean is he clearly can’t handle everything in his life himself and is going to need a lot of guidance(babysitting). It is difficult to “guide” a kid in his situation for that long without the young man going astray.

I know this is like talking about Paul Bunyan (myth) at this point but what are the odds he plays a meaningful role in our O next year
I wouldn't count on it, but it would be a nice bonus if he can do that.

FWIW IF one of the rumors is true and he had a tough time with COVID, some people who go through that have some emotional issues for a while after they recover. It's due to inflammation in the centers of the brain that control in particular I believe depression and anxiety. I haven't read any scientific articles on it, just media articles and we all know how inaccurate some of those can be. Very talented kid who likely has a future in the NFL if he gets his mind and body healthy. Lets all just wish him the best and leave the babysitting comments to ourselves.

I will pray for Omar, that he finds some peace and meaning and hope and encouragement.

ADVERTISEMENT