ADVERTISEMENT

Omar Manning not opting out

We need him to spread the field and take a safety with him. I hope we have a "Waddle" at receiver in one of the younger guys.

Reactions: SkerInCo
Maybe the lack of seeing him on videos and during press conferences was that they know he’s special, and didn’t want any opponents to look into it, hence no depth chart.

Also, we never landed on the moon and Tupac is in Cuba.

Reactions: shocksker
I don't think we see him at Ohio State or Wisconsin. He's hardly been practicing.

If we don't see him in either of these games he just as well be opting out.

Yeah I’m a little lost with that line of thinking too. I get it, I’d love to see him and have him play week 1 and 2 but he’s been hurt and missed practices. If he plays week 3 and on, then so be it. I’d be happy with that. At least he’d still have 2 more years to play after this season. So there is that.

Reactions: headcard
How have you determined how much he's practiced?
Read the tea leaves. If he's been practicing this whole time, why would it take until now for someone to confirm his status with the team? If he'd been practicing this whole thing would have been put to bed long ago. And save the injury excuse. Guys still show up to practice when they're injured.

Read the tea leaves. If he's been practicing this whole time, why would it take until now for someone to confirm his status with the team? If he'd been practicing this whole thing would have been put to bed long ago. And save the injury excuse. Guys still show up to practice when they're injured.
he's the only guy on the team who's got what cannot be taught: size

who cares about practice? get him out there, have him run straight and throw it to him!

he's the only guy on the team who's got what cannot be taught: size

who cares about practice? get him out there, have him run straight and throw it to him!
Well injury is a real concern if you just go throw guys out there with little practice time, especially when you're playing the likes of Ohio State.

Well injury is a real concern if you just go throw guys out there with little practice time, especially when you're playing the likes of Ohio State.
so, keep him out in case he gets hurt?

it's football. get him in there and see what he can do.

and if there's concern about preferential treatment, so be it.

at 6'4", 220 lbs, you, too, can be treated preferentially!

I think everybody was hearing similar “rumors.” It’s my understanding that Coach Lubick deserves major kudos for keeping him in the fold.
I'm not in anywhere close to the rumor mill, but here's hoping a 10 target/game promise was part of those discussions.

there is no reason at all we can't throw it 30+ yards downfield 5-8 times/game this year and beyond.

ADVERTISEMENT