ADVERTISEMENT

Oliver Martin from Iowa is in the transfer portal now too.

Sounds like he was a bust last year - at least in terms of yards gained production wise so I don't think it helps us a lot.

Last edited:
Iowa is overloaded at the WR position he has a better chance at seeing the field at an Alabama or Clemson than he did in Iowa City.

Reactions: loper
2 questions:

who cares?

has any iowa offensive player ever put up numbers of any kind?

Iowa is overloaded at the WR position he has a better chance at seeing the field at an Alabama or Clemson than he did in Iowa City.

Were you dropped on your head as a child or is this analytical incompetence from a more recent brain injury? There is absolutely no way you are serious when you say that the Iowa receiving corps is better than programs that produce perennial first round draft talent at the WR position.

You, sir, live up to the IOWA acronym—Idiot Out Walking Around. You’re probably the type of person who likes Casey’s General Store pizza unironically.

Were you dropped on your head as a child or is this analytical incompetence from a more recent brain injury? There is absolutely no way you are serious when you say that the Iowa receiving corps is better than programs that produce perennial first round draft talent at the WR position.

You, sir, live up to the IOWA acronym—Idiot Out Walking Around. You’re probably the type of person who likes Casey’s General Store pizza unironically.
He’s just looking for a reaction. Ignore him. No one is that stupid. No one.

Please tell me, no one is that stupid, not even Iowa fan...

Oh forget it... he really is that dumb.

It's idiot out walking about.

Reactions: scarletred

Hey that was totally uncalled for,I actually like Casey's pizza.

I gave you a like for the first half of your sentence because he is probably the fifth best receiver at best at Iowa. I would not go so far as thinking Iowa has better receivers than AL or Clemson.

Reactions: Flick2.0
I assure you this was no blow for Iowa lol

what’s the “LOL” for? Read farther down instead of just the first post. It was pointed out that he didn’t accomplish anything at Iowa YET and we all agreed it wasn’t a blow. Not this season anyways for Iowa.

But anytime a team loses a 4 star WR, it’s a blow. He could have helped Iowa next year after you guys lose your top 2 WRs. He was a Top 250 4 star WR via Rivals and a Top 100 (Top 47) 4 star WR via 24/7. He’s got talent and even Iowa’s WR coach said this much. He could very well kill still, I just hate seeing a WR like him bouncing around between teams like this. Stay put, keep working and eventually it will pay off.

Last edited:
Actually there are rumors he maybe walking on with the Huskers. Nothing concrete yet, but there is definitely something stirring up....

Id gladly take the former Top 47 player in the country and an Army All American WR as a walk on....GBR

Last edited:
He has some skill but wasn't going to see the field this year with our WR group right now. I would have thought he would have next year with two of our top WRs being SRs.

He kind of seems like a tweener as he isnt really big enough to play on the outside and doesn't have great first step quickness to play the slot.

Keep takings our crumbs.

Oh, like you guys did with Michigan to get him in the first place? And we will, thanks. In this case we got him as a walk on....win/win for us. Just wait till next season when your top 2 WRs are gone and all you guys have left is two decent WRs left. Again, thanks for the free talent ;)

Last edited:

yes, being overloaded at WR is how you avg *checks notes* 1.2 touchdown passes/game.

watch out, bama!

I assure you this was no blow for Iowa lol

He has some skill but wasn't going to see the field this year with our WR group right now. I would have thought he would have next year with two of our top WRs being SRs.

He kind of seems like a tweener as he isnt really big enough to play on the outside and doesn't have great first step quickness to play the slot.

Martin has some immaturity and accountability issues overcome. From that standpoint, Iowa can definitely walk away without much concern.

However, now that the 2020 season has been canceled, the loss of Martin is significant to future depth chart. Brandon Smith and Smith-Marsette are both 3rd to 5th round draft grades. B. Smith might actually test off the charts at the combine. That means both those dudes have played their last snaps at Iowa. If football is played in the Spring, they both will sit out. Considering they're both on target to graduate this Dec or in the Spring, there is no logical reason for them to return with NFL jobs waiting.

Iowa will be forced to start Petras in 2021 without two experienced and talented receivers. Alaric Jackson will be gone to the NFL as well.

Martin would've had a great chance to become a focal point in the 2021 offense. His departure will be felt next season.

What's odd about him coming to Nebraska is the Huskers WR depth chart which sucked in 18 and 19, exploded in numbers for 20 and 21. Martin has more game experience than a lot of those dudes, but you have to wonder if he's willing to accept competition. I'm skeptical.

Martin has some immaturity and accountability issues overcome. From that standpoint, Iowa can definitely walk away without much concern.

However, now that the 2020 season has been canceled, the loss of Martin is significant to future depth chart. Brandon Smith and Smith-Marsette are both 3rd to 5th round draft grades. B. Smith might actually test off the charts at the combine. That means both those dudes have played their last snaps at Iowa. If football is played in the Spring, they both will sit out. Considering they're both on target to graduate this Dec or in the Spring, there is no logical reason for them to return with NFL jobs waiting.

Iowa will be forced to start Petras in 2021 without two experienced and talented receivers. Alaric Jackson will be gone to the NFL as well.

Martin would've had a great chance to become a focal point in the 2021 offense. His departure will be felt next season.

What's odd about him coming to Nebraska is the Huskers WR depth chart which sucked in 18 and 19, exploded in numbers for 20 and 21. Martin has more game experience than a lot of those dudes, but you have to wonder if he's willing to accept competition. I'm skeptical.

Life is about timing sometimes. Of course, I saw him on Sunday and he was wearing Hawkeye shorts. He is going to have to pick up a new pair for Lincoln.

He does not seem to thrive in a competitive environment.

ADVERTISEMENT