ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma

kaz36

Nebraska Legend
Staff
May 2, 2005
I don't see how anyone can watch Oklahoma play and think they are a tourney team. Good grief. Down by 20 at halftime to a 17-12 Baylor team who is fighting to get into the tourney themselves. They only have 19 points and don't even look like they want to be there.

Reactions: SOHusker11
The shine has come off the next Curry. He doesn't have the teammates around him to play that way consistently. If they make the Trny, it will be because the win the conference trny.

Pretty sure we could crush them head-to-head right now. However, they'll get in before us because they have 6 wins vs Top 50 teams and a very good SOS.

trey young might equal tv's.
kruger still has some cache. why? i dont know.
sliding fast...

Reactions: saluno22
Pretty sure we could crush them head-to-head right now. However, they'll get in before us because they have 6 wins vs Top 50 teams and a very good SOS.

All wins before coaches figured out that if you stick a guy in his face even when he’s thirty feet out he will give up. There is no way OU should be in the NCAA tournament at this point.

One of you guys please tell me we wouldn't shit-roll these clowns by 25. I dare ya. Stick Evan Taylor on Young, let him get his 20.... and walk out with an easy win

They may very well make a game of this, but they still look bad

This is what happens when big wins trump actual record. OU is having problems beating off right now. 3 - 10 record in their last 13 games. It will be a joke if they make the tourney.

Everyone buying into the Big 12 hype are going to get burned yet again in the tournament, just like every year. Do not pick them!

The best shot for a deep run in the tournament for the Big 12 is West Virginia and after that I smell a whole lot of L's. Kansas will lose the first weekend.

The lovefest with the Big 12 and the SEC is getting nauseating,Miss St. loses at Tenn. by 22.Rhode Island loses at home by 30 to a St. Joe with a losing record,Oklahoma gets hammered by 23,K-St. loses by 7 and I think T A&M loses by 21.Some how Palm and Lunardi don't have the Huskers even considered? Thank God the coaches know who belongs,Sports writers don't know crap.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Also Texas Tech non-conference record and opponents isn't that much different than the Huskers,it is their conference record that is what helps but that is still comparable to the Huskers and they are in the top 15 ?

There is still a week left to play + conference tourney for all of these bubble teams. We are in the club house with 9 losses and will most likely finish with 10. A lot of bubble teams will be playing each other and higher ranked teams in the next 12 days. You start getting north of 12 losses and your resume just doesn’t look very good particularly as you get 2 or more games below .500 in your league. I think there are more opportunities for bubble teams to weaken their resume rather than strengthen it as some of them will be playing each other

Last edited:
Lunardi is ridiculous having 8 teams from the Big12 in the tournament....

I hope the committee was watching last night and realize OU is no longer a tournament team with only one win in the month of February.

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
Calm down. The committee will take OU's last month into consideration. I'd be shocked if they make the tournament. The wheels have fallen off that train...

Maple-I'll take that KU losing the first weekend bet if you are offering...the tournament is about guard play. There are a bunch of good teams but the Big 12 has more depth and talent than anyone else. Whether that will show or not in the NCAA tournament remains to be seen. Regardless, it's going to be a fun tournament to watch. Lots of teams could go on a run...

Huskers play well on Friday and we're in...GBR

The shine has come off the next Curry. He doesn't have the teammates around him to play that way consistently. If they make the Trny, it will be because the win the conference trny.

The problem isn't the teammates. Dude is a glorified ball hog that has been shooting them out of games the past month.

Not getting my hopes up. After listening to Rasmussen on the radio this morning, he stressed that it's all about the schedule. Totally convinced without any real meltdowns, we have to win a minimum of 1 in the BIG tournament to even get a sniff. AND if illinois would happen to be the one, that might not be good enough but yet Michigan would still likely get in . Ugh

IF it is the schedule, a catch 22 for Miles this year. Schedule tougher might = more losses (and he needed every win he could get to keep his job). Not schedule tough and miss the tourney with a good W/L record.

GBR

The problem isn't the teammates. Dude is a glorified ball hog that has been shooting them out of games the past month.
That was my point, he can't be just a shooter and have his teammates do the dirty work. That isn't there game but also not there personality to be his caddie.

Curious if they decline the nit bid?

I wonder how much worse those teams would perform in the idiotic condensed B1G-type schedule this year.

This is absurd.

If Nebraska beats Michigan, or hell even Illinois and does not get into the NCAA tournament but 8 teams from the big 12 do, I'm done with the NCAAs shenanigans.
More proof that playoffs and tourneys are not fool-proof. This is why an 8 team football playoff will solve absolutely nothing, just like 4 team playoffs didn't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT