ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma/Nebraska game

Scheduling OOC like we're Iowa isn't gong to help elevate the program.
Doesn't Iowa play Iowa State, who's basically been OU's only competition in the B12 the last couple years? Man, I wonder if Iowa is looking to duck them too?

Would be smart, better hope they don't lock up Old Dominion first.

Nailed it.

Scheduling shit competition year in, year out can get you bowl eligible but that's about it, and that's exhibit A.

It's some new bullshit every day with this program. Now we're taking that tack.

The minute this rumor surfaced NU should have responded. The fact that they did not speaks volumes about where we are.

The pattern at Nebraska is striking, no coincidence that we can’t respond in a timely manner, we can’t beat the play clock either.

Damage has already been done, my guess is when we do respond, more will be done with the response ( of which most of us could/write/predict).

Once again, the culture change we speak of is brought into question, right? You know, you agreed to play and now you try and back out? No matter the reason, this seems a little hypocritical at best. So what culture are we trying to build?

Man - over and over you just can’t say you stand for one thing and do another. Let’s hope this Rumor isn’t true and that there is a valid explanation for the misunderstanding. And let’s hope the explanation comes soon- and is a very professionally performed.

Part of the culture you ARE is how you deal with things like this. That’s the grown up (or parenting) part of this culture thing. What do you stand for NU?

we haven't been to a bowl in 4 years. we haven't beaten anyone in 20. people watch OU. they don't watch us.

recruits watch OU. they don't watch us.

it's a LOSER MOVE, and there's no two ways about it.
It’s not difficult to figure out how those HS kids we’re battling with OU over are going to view this. How does Ruud’s conversation with Kaden Helms go?
“Hey Kaden, forget what OU told you! We will play anybody anywhere! In fact, come down to Lincoln on September 18 and watch us battle a tough New Mexico State team!”

DISREGARD POST. ITS IRRELEVENT NOW. LOL

Oklahoma only played 3 games in 2020 vs. teams that play any semblance of defense:

Iowa State twice
Baylor

In those 3 games, the Sooners averaged 27.7 points and 364 yards per game.

Nebraska will be better defensively in 2021 than both those squads. I don't think Spencer Rattler is going to do anything spectacular. But the challenge for Nebraska is you know.... not to give up 13 points on special teams and turn the ball over 5 times.

I'm not drinking in any crazy Husker fan Kool - Aid when I suggest Nebraska's defensive front is going to give Oklahoma a ton of fits.

It will be rather fascinating going into that game. OU is going to play Tulane and Western Carolina. They will go into the Nebraska game averaging 65 points and 650 yards per game.

Nebraska is going to play two bad offenses and will likely be carrying some gaudy defensive numbers.

Do you want to revise this post??

I know it tasted good when you put the sugar in the kool-aid Obviously Moos and Frost don't like the taste of your KOOL-AID tho!

Edit . Not a bad move..

Again, no advantage to that game. We laughed at Wisconsin but they know how to play the game... thank goodness nobody on this board is actually in charge of anything.. We need to go back to the Osborne days of playing blind Bill’s Baptist Bible college in the OOC...

Edit . Not a bad move..

Again, no advantage to that game. We laughed at Wisconsin but they know how to play the game... thank goodness nobody on this board is actually in charge of anything.. We need to go back to the Osborne days of playing blind Bill’s Baptist Bible college in the OOC...
Didnt we play Iowa, Auburn and Penn St one year OOC?

Reactions: 9and4
Nailed it.

Scheduling shit competition year in, year out can get you bowl eligible but that's about it, and that's exhibit A.

It's some new bullshit every day with this program. Now we're taking that tack.
Exactly, we're on a different level here, we're trying to win championships, not hope to go 7-5 with a cupcake schedule and go to the Alamo Bowl.

Reactions: sandiegohawk

since 2008 - Iowa has elected to play 2 nonconf games against major conference teams 6 times

during that same time Nebraska has elected to play 2 non-conference games against teams from a major conference ZERO times

Reactions: bdg8
since 2008 - Iowa has elected to play 2 nonconf games against major conference teams 6 times

during that same time Nebraska has elected to play 2 non-conference games against teams from a major conference ZERO times
Damnit don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

Reactions: Oiler402
Edit . Not a bad move..

Another bad take from a nutless poster. You and Beav should start a club.

Which teams? Not a good look if you’re hanging your hat on Iowa State herky fan.

Tom Osborne himself scheduled this game to commemorate the 50th anniversary of perhaps the greatest college football game ever played

it wouldn't surprise me if Coach Osborne demanded that his name be taken off the field, his statue removed and disavows any relationship with the university

Last edited:
Comparisons to Iowa are comical. Iowa has been saddled with a Power 5 in state rival that has sucked for years. It has made it difficult to schedule additional power 5 schools. Now, we are fortunate that they don’t suck, even better, they are, at least this year, Oklahoma’s competition and highly ranked.

The fact that Nebraska is trying to get out of a marquee game, and worse yet, a game celebrating the history of what was once the best rivalry in football, is on a level by itself, and the next level down isn’t close.

Reactions: aflachawk
Ya right. NU is running scared of a whopping. If true, your AD and coach are running scared but many NU fans will repeat the lie it all about the money

Pretty sure most of us are not happy, but you’re from Iowa and reading comprehension isn’t taught.. so we’ll give you a pass.

Before this news broke, there was at least a slight chance that OU might have come into this game a little flat.

Not anymore. Great job Huskers. You just ensured the Sooners will be frothing at the mouth for this matchup. If it wasn’t going to be an ass whipping before, it sure will be now...

it wouldn't would surprise me if Coach Osborne demanded that his name be taken off the field, his statue removed and disavows any relationship with the university

What a Richardhead statement.. Mr Peabody get help..

Ya right. NU is running scared of a whopping. If true, your AD and coach are running scared but many NU fans will repeat the lie it all about the money

Wrong...all of us fans want this game game to be playing and in the worse way...

Get over your stuck playing with ISU every year...Ohhh Pitt and Wyoming is really impressed to pound your chests on..

Reactions: K2C Sooner
What a Richardhead statement.. Mr Peabody get help..

I didn't think it was an outragous statement at all. In fact I almost wish he would at this point. The current crop of dipshits running this program are not worthy of being associated with TO on any level.

TO went for 2 when a tie would have won him his first natty...Frost runs and hides like a little bitch.

Comparisons to Iowa are comical. Iowa has been saddled with a Power 5 in state rival that has sucked for years. It has made it difficult to schedule additional power 5 schools. Now, we are fortunate that they don’t suck, even better, they are, at least this year, Oklahoma’s competition and highly ranked.

The fact that Nebraska is trying to get out of a marquee game, and worse yet, a game celebrating the history of what was once the best rivalry in football, is on a level by itself, and the next level down isn’t close.
Good take.

When the Big Ten scheduled only eight conference games, Iowa had Pitt and Arizona on its schedules, and I assume Barta would do the same if that were still the case.

For both Iowa and Nebraska — and every other Big Ten program that wants a guaranteed seven home games a year — a nine-game conference schedule means every other year a team plays all five of its road games in conference. So the non-cons are now set in stone: two non-Power 5 teams at home every year, plus a home-and-home against another Power 5 program. As you noted, the Hawkeyes are saddled with ISU, and though that has become a premier regional matchup this year, that won't always be the case.

That's one of the reasons the SEC and ACC play only eight conference games every year. If they played nine, rivalries such as Louisville-Kentucky, Florida-FSU, Clemson-South Carolina and Georgia-Georgia Tech would be the only competitive non-conference games most of those programs play.

Nebraska's seeking to add an eighth home game this year by dropping Zero U. is a bad look for the program and shouldn't be followed through on, but we'll see.

Long term, it would be nice to see the Big Ten go back to eight conference games, so Iowa could play a few games outside the region. The Hawkeyes are in a position to take the next step to a nationally relevant program, and playing a non-con against an SEC, ACC or a Big XII school in another state would really help them do that.

For a struggling/failing program like Nebraska, we'd be helped by being able to keep series with schools such as Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Miami, etc., but at the same time scheduling three easier-to-win games to help us get back into the bowl business.

Reactions: Hawkman98
I didn't think it was an outragous statement at all. In fact I almost wish he would at this point. The current crop of dipshits running this program are not worthy of being associated with TO on any level.

TO went for 2 when a tie would have won him his first natty...Frost runs and hides like a little bitch.

Like I said this is on Moos more than SF..

Reactions: bshirt73
scott frost should be embarrassed to refer to himself as a Nebraskan and should be booed mercilessly every time he steps out his front door
I agree with you on a lot of things but don’t agree on the booing of Frost. Is the Offense a huge disappointment? You bet! That was the selling point of Frost coming here and if it doesn’t get fixed soon he will be out of a job here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT