ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma/Kansas and conference expansion

northeastNebraska

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2008
Highway 30
So the OU president came out yesterday saying he wants the Big 12 too expand. Could he be bluffing and just wanting to get OU's name out there as a target for the PAC/SEC/B1G to pick up? I think so.

Would you want OU in the B1G? I would not even question it. Hell yes. Helps in football, brings another national brand to the B1G. Their academics aren't the greatest, but they have improved under their new president.

I would love to see OU and KU be in talks together to get out of the Big 12-2-2+2. Like others have posted on tMB, remember when Syracuse and Pitt left the Big East? They did it in secrecy and they just straight up left, ultimately killing the Big East.

OU and KU have the power to do the same and it would kill the Grant of Rights and the Big 12. Also it would stick the middle finger right at Texas. If OU wants out, the B1G needs to act.

I don't think A UVA/UNC combo will work. It'll cost the B1G too much. Why not go after a crumbling conference. I know it's about the TV markets but you get a national power in football with OU and a national power in basketball with Kansas.

Thoughts?

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/...n-puts-possible-big-12-expansion-back-in-news

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News