ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, let's speculate on who will step up to be our 3rd WR

Get used to it.

Nance is a bit of a Nancy when it comes to contact and makes Kenny Bell look big.
Houston is a great athlete, get's open, has fantastic speed, but has pretty suspect hands.

Now, I've never seen practice, and this information comes via the rumor mill.
Well then it must all be true..:)

Reactions: Cornicator
What’s wrong with Warner?

Warner is a serviceable player that does the little things well. He’s no second coming of Wes Welker or Julian Edelman. If we want to have an Oregon type of offense where they used to put up 45+ per game, we need a better option at 3rd spot than Warner. And that’s no knock on him. I’m going with Alante Brown as the 3rd guy.

And white. You guys kill me every year. The new Mazour...I hope it’s not Warner I hope it’s a highly rated recruit that lives up to the hype
"Living up to the hype" is the issue. Making a comment about our white players not providing realistic options is offensive and racist. On the other hand we have had plenty of non-white recruits that have NOT lived up to the hype and often do not settle into the program !!! Hard to hang your hat on such players !

I had a thread about the WRs in the summer. At that time, I figured on Robinson, Manning, and Warner as the top 3. I still think that's the way the year will start. If Manning blocks like he did in JUCO, Robinson will really like playing with those 2. Warner was injured last year so we really couldn't see him at his best, and I think he's a quality WR. But one other WR I think I've been underestimating is Fleming. If he actually makes it back for the fall season (some smoke about him staying in FL), he could be a real threat. WRs like Fleming helped make Scott's UCF squads so dangerous. Brown obviously has the speed they're looking for as well.

ADVERTISEMENT