ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, let's speculate on who will step up to be our 3rd WR

I don't care if the third receiver is a TE. Just as long as there are at least 3 legit receiving options.

There will probably be several that could be considered the #3 receiver over the course of the "season". Warner will be one of them.

I agree with this. I could easily see them rotate a speed guy with a hands guy and vice versa at the slot and Z spots. So you could have Robinson&Hickman rotate in for each other and Warner&Brown alternate. So on that side when running combination routes it would be Robinson and Warner or Brown and Hickman. I don't know if Falck is playing x or z but I do think he will be in the mix somewhere. I think we are in good shape this year at WR as compared to last.

I would think all of the new WRs (and newcomers in general) would know the playbook better this year relative to prior years, since they will have been around the program longer before the season kicks off. I believe they basically all arrived by early August, so hopefully not all of the time has been wasted.

Not sure how that translates on the field, but I would expect better WR play compared to 2019.

All that said my bets for #3 WR: Alante Brown or Betts.

I think you are forgetting the tight ends. TE is a big part of Frosts offense. I think we will be pleasantly surprised by our TE play.

Reactions: PaPHusker162
They do seem overlooked by the message board crowd

Agreed, but that is because they have given us zero reason not to oveook them. Last season seemed like a prime opportunity to get some experience, but neither of them could get on the field or make any sort of impact. I hope they have progressed, but have my doubts.

Reactions: headcard
Agreed, but that is because they have given us zero reason not to oveook them. Last season seemed like a prime opportunity to get some experience, but neither of them could get on the field or make any sort of impact. I hope they have progressed, but have my doubts.
In these first two seasons Frost has been heavy on the redshirting. Seems like there's a lot of options regardless.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Is Martin eligible this year?

yes he is. On Huskers.com it says he’s a graduate transfer walk on this year. So he will have a perfect opportunity to lock down a starting spot for the next 2 years. Dudes got talent and decent ceiling on him. Again, he was ranked Top 47 player in the country via 24/7 and ranked in the Top 250 via Rivals. Not to mention he had a higher Sparq score then even Zavier Betts at 133.02.

Last edited:

well that’s mostly because Frost wanted those 2 to redshirt. I have been hearing some solid stuff on D. Houston. I think we will see him make a move this year. Jamie Nance could make some moves as well.

well that’s mostly because Frost wanted those 2 to redshirt. I have been hearing some solid stuff on D. Houston. I think we will see him make a move this year. Jamie Nance could make some moves as well.

I hope you're right, but did either guy appear in any games last year? Seemed they could have done like Johnson or Luke M. and gotten into at least a few games.

Catch me up...Robinson and Manning are 1 and 2, right?

Betts have a shot at #3?

I think the only thing that will slow Betts down is his blocking. We all know he’s got height, the size, hands and athletic ability down great (he’s elite in those areas) but it’s going to be his blocking and route running that makes or breaks him this season.

Last edited:
And white. You guys kill me every year. The new Mazour...I hope it’s not Warner I hope it’s a highly rated recruit that lives up to the hype
Since white is an issue you start with, then he must need to be black to be good! What does color have to do with it anyway? ;)

Reactions: WHCSC
I refuse to believe that Houston and Nance aren’t ready yet...

Get used to it.

Nance is a bit of a Nancy when it comes to contact and makes Kenny Bell look big.
Houston is a great athlete, get's open, has fantastic speed, but has pretty suspect hands.

Now, I've never seen practice, and this information comes via the rumor mill.

Reactions: HuskerSquire
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT