ADVERTISEMENT

OK Iowa fans??

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
In a thread earlier this week I said Sparty was a better team than Iowa. A few of you disagreed. You know who you are. Well, Sparty just knocked off the defending National Champion Buckeyes and their 23 game win streak on their home field with a backup QB and gifted them 2 turnovers and a TD. Soooo, my question is you Herkies still think you're a better team???

In a thread earlier this week I said Sparty was a better team than Iowa. A few of you disagreed. You know who you are. Well, Sparty just knocked off the defending National Champion Buckeyes and their 23 game win streak on their home field with a backup QB and gifted them 2 turnovers and a TD. Soooo, my question is you Herkies still think you're a better team???
I think Iowa matches better vrs Michigan State and has played them tight in quite a few match ups. Personally I would rather play Michigan State...I think Ohio State losing helps Iowa IMO!

Reactions: leodisflowers

Doesn`t matter what anyone here thinks. They will get a chance to prove it on the field.

I think Iowa matches better vrs Michigan State and has played them tight in quite a few match ups. Personally I would rather play Michigan State...I think Ohio State losing helps Iowa IMO!
Not sure I agree with that. What it does though is likey eliminates your chance at the Rose Bowl if you lose in Indy

Not sure I agree with that. What it does though is likey eliminates your chance at the Rose Bowl if you lose in Indy
Ohio State has owned Iowa and imo we do not match up with them... Michigan State has a good run defense but their secondary can be beat. Cook is good but who knows how he will play after he takes a few hits. It should be a good game regardless. I would much rather play Michigan State... Iowa plays them tough! Its just a better match up imo... We are in the championship game already and if we can beat a tough Nebraska team in Lincoln, it will give us a lot of mo...

Last edited:
If the transitive win property was real and history impacted the present, there would be no need to actually play the games.

At the beginning of the year I would have said you guys were better than Illinois, Purdue, NW, Wisconsin, BYU and Miami. Who cares what you or me says.

Having said that, you guys are capable of beating us, hell anyone can beat anyone, ask MSU.

We would have to play a mistake free game no matter who we play to be able to win. It was unreal what MSU did. Dantonio is a FREAKING genius!!!! But, in truth, we just need to focus on the Huskers...because if we don't we will play ourselves right out of a chance at both the playoffs AND the Rose bowl. It's just that simple...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Reactions: timnsun
While MSU played really good on defense Ohio State played a horrible game. That was a horrible job of coaching by OSU staff. I don't think 1 good game is enough to judge them buy. I know they had a good win against Michigan but this is the first time this year where they appeared to play really solid defense. If they smoke PSU then I will be concerned.

Reactions: Gimmered
I think Iowa is a helluva squad this year and these threads are getting ridiculous. I know every single Nebraska fan would love to be 11-0 right now, regardless of who we played.

With that said, 11-1 is still a great year Hawk fans. Smokin

Ohio State hasn't played too many solid teams in 2015. Michigan State was against the first team in the Top 25. Penn State vs. Nebraska ... I would hope the Huskers would give them a game.

The B1G East is a little like the SEC ... overvalued.

Michigan State and Oregon both were overvalued this year, but both are starting to recapture value, as well.

Ohio State was challenged all season. Iowa played both Indiana and Maryland and Ohio State's games with those common opponents didn't sell me that Michigan State couldn't give Ohio State a game. Keep it close and pull out the upset over Ohio State.

Frankly, Ohio State and Nebraska are two programs that own Iowa. In 2013, Iowa played both of them well, and Iowa has played Urban Meyer competitive each game, but still came up short. Iowa beat Nebraska in 2013.

Mon, Sep 7
@
-m-0fwwkj__56x42.png
Virginia Tech
W 42 - 24
Final

Sat, Sep 12
vs
-m-0b36nm__56x42.png
Hawaii
W 0 - 38
Final

Sat, Sep 19
vs
-m-03gzk9n__56x42.png
Northern Illinois
W 13 - 20
Final

Sat, Sep 26
vs
-m-0fyp9f__56x42.png
Western Michigan
W 12 - 38
Final

Sat, Oct 3
@
-m-0fs0h5__56x42.png
Indiana
W 34 - 27
Final

Sat, Oct 10
vs
-m-025v1sx__56x42.png
Maryland
W 28 - 49
Final

Sat, Oct 17
vs
-m-0frm7n__56x42.png
Penn State
W 10 - 38
Final

Sat, Oct 24
@
-m-02pdm0g__56x42.png
Rutgers
W 49 - 7
Final

Sat, Nov 7
vs
-m-0fq7ww__56x42.png
Minnesota
W 14 - 28
Final
Video Recap

Sat, Nov 14
@
-m-0fwfjd__56x42.png
Illinois
W 28 - 3
Final

Sat, Nov 21
vs
-m-0ft5vs__56x42.png
Michigan State
L 17 - 14
Final
Video Recap

Sat, Nov 28 @ Michigan 11:00 AM

I agree. I actually think the Hawks are a great matchup for Michigan State and I think they knock them off. I'm not overly impressed with the Spartans because of their back 7.

Reactions: cidsports
There's no question that we're a better team than MSU, and we'll prove it by beating you losers in your own house, something that they were incapable of doing.

Honestly as an Iowa fan I'm just looking forward to Friday's game, Will look forward to the Championship game next week. Friday's game should be a good one. For the most part Iowa wins because they play smart, Fundamentally sound football, The Hawks are not going to dazzle people with superior talent lined up across the field. The team chemistry is outstanding.
Nebraska is a good team, They have had some bad luck and it took awhile to get acclimated to the new staff, What impressed even when things were going very poorly for the Huskers was the way the team still seemed to respond well to the coaching staff, They continued to play hard for Coach Riley and staff, You just saw OSU lose one game and saw a virtual implosion of the team in the publics eye. Your coach has kept your team together and you truly seemed to be unified as a team.
I hope the Hawks win, I do think we are the better team this year, But I won't be shocked if the Huskers win.

Reactions: hexumhawk
ADVERTISEMENT