ADVERTISEMENT

Ok.... I PROMISE!!! My last vaccination thread...

spartanhusker

College Football Hall of Fame
May 29, 2001
... I had a HORRIBLE night...has a good tennis practice, played with the grandkids who were spending the night, but about 8, I started feeling sluggish and achy... went to bed...

Woke up at 11:30 TOTALLY chilled and never really could back to sleep... going in to school to get a research lesson out in case I get a sub... have not taken ibuprofen... put me in the pile of having a reaction... I’m never sick... one day last 12 years😪

Last edited:
You are becoming my favorite poster.... boxes has to watch out!

Is that a like or a like like?
EHRZ98v.gif

... I had a HORRIBLE night...has a good tennis practice, played with the grandkids who were spending the night, but about 8, I started feeling sluggish and achy... went to bed...

Woke up at 11:30 TOTALLY chilled and never really could back to sleep... going in to school to get a research lesson out in case I get a sub... have not taken ibuprofen... put me in pile of having a reaction... I’m never sick... one day last 12 years😪

Never knew you where a teacher... You’ll feel better in a day or two from what I’ve been told by some of the other people telling me of the same symptoms..

My child's school has already issued a warning school may be called off Tuesday as the majority of the teachers are getting their second shot on Monday. From what I have gathered from 90% of the people I know that had the vaccine they should just call school off now.

Didn’t have any of that with the China flu. Besides loosing taste and smell felt fine.
Between your post and Spartan’s I can hear the discussions already. “Hey, Maude, read this thread from my Husker discussion board. This is why I am not getting that stupid vaccination!”

FYI, I had zero side effects from either shot and my wife, who usually has a lot of side effects with any vaccine, had very little reaction either. On the other hand my brother died from ”China flu” two months ago before he qualified for the shot.

Woke up at 11:30 TOTALLY chilled and never really could back to sleep... going in to school to get a research lesson out in case I get a sub... have not taken ibuprofen... put me in pile of having a reaction... I’m never sick... one day last 12 years😪

Fortunately the symptoms will be short lived. By tomorrow you should be okay, altho maybe still tired.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
Had side affects the day after but by the 2nd day they were gone, not as bad as the OP had though.

Between your post and Spartan’s I can hear the discussions already. “Hey, Maude, read this thread from my Husker discussion board. This is why I am not getting that stupid vaccination!”

FYI, I had zero side effects from either shot and my wife, who usually has a lot of side effects with any vaccine, had very little reaction either. On the other hand my brother died from ”China flu” two months ago before he qualified for the shot.

I'm sorry for your loss. ☹️

Woke up at 11:30 TOTALLY chilled and never really could back to sleep... going in to school to get a research lesson out in case I get a sub... have not taken ibuprofen... put me in the pile of having a reaction... I’m never sick... one day last 12 years😪
Although you get goofed on a bit for posting this stuff, I appreciate it. Age 65, I have made the decision to not get vaccinated, and I am interested how others have fared with the process. For me, just a personal (not political) decision. Besides having moral misgivings about aborted fetal tissue being tied to at least one of the vaccines, I am concerned about rushing them into use without the usual animal and human testing. I worry about any long-term affects that may or may not occur. I saw a USA Today story about an otherwise-healthy doctor who died within hours of getting his second dose. I've been told by some medical professionals (including my wife) who are a lot smarter than me that they will not be getting the shots.

I'm fortunate enough to be in good health -- run and bike a lot, take no medications, and as far as I know I have not contracted the virus. Again, this is not meant to be a political statement in any way. Just a decision I made. I respect the decisions made by others.

Although you get goofed on a bit for posting this stuff, I appreciate it. Age 65, I have made the decision to not get vaccinated, and I am interested how others have fared with the process. For me, just a personal (not political) decision. Besides having moral misgivings about aborted fetal tissue being tied to at least one of the vaccines, I am concerned about rushing them into use without the usual animal and human testing. I worry about any long-term affects that may or may not occur. I saw a USA Today story about an otherwise-healthy doctor who died within hours of getting his second dose. I've been told by some medical professionals (including my wife) who are a lot smarter than me that they will not be getting the shots.

I'm fortunate enough to be in good health -- run and bike a lot, take no medications, and as far as I know I have not contracted the virus. Again, this is not meant to be a political statement in any way. Just a decision I made. I respect the decisions made by others.
I would like to give money to your campaign, where do I send?

the reaction to the vaccine seems to have been as wide ranging as the virus itself.
for some it barely registers, others its been pretty rough.
i wondered if i got it last fall (tested negative), but had no energy for >6 weeks.
i probably shouldve done antigen test, i guess.
my understanding is it just takes minutes.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I got my 1st shot yesterday, I'm only 46 and healthy and figured I'd be lucky to get it by June. But we heard a rumor it was available today at a clinic in a Kansas and they were taking everyone... so my wife and I hopped in the car and zoomed down. I heard a side effect is a weird desire to wear purple clothes and to unleash a corny cat growl but I'll learn to live with it.

We hear about the people who have an adverse reaction like Sparty's, we don't hear so much about the vast majority who have, at worst, a slightly sore arm and a little fatigue.
Yeah, and that's what overwhelmingly, predominantly occurs. I was fortunate to recive this very early(Health care), my team of 25 had one person that has elected not to get it. For the rest, 3 had temporary fatigue, chills, injection spot soreness. Everyone else - virtually nothing. Personally, after the second dose(3:45 pm.) i was feeling sleep around 8:00 the evening of my shot. Plus, my non-shot arm started to tingle a bit. I just went to bed incase it worsened. Watched some tv in bed, fell asleep about 10:30, woke up a 9:30 am the next day - felt totally normal. Most others in my areas didn't even feel sleepy....our 25 person team's collective reaction is consistent with what occurred for our thousands of employees.

Aborted fetal tissue? Um no. I'm as pro-life as it gets and that's not how they get stem cells for research anymore.

Reactions: tpmcg

Hope you're doing better. First mistake was trying to be a hero by not taking an NSAID. Ibuprofen and Tylenol OR Ibuprofen and Alleve would have headed off your symptoms and let you sleep and no it wouldn't have decreased the effectiveness of the vaccine. I get my second dose next week. I'll take an anti-histamine before the shot and then Tylenol and Alleve afterwards for at least 24 hours. There is nothing to be gained from not taking the precaution of pre-medication.

That's misleading to reference fetal tissue in that way. The research process for these vaccines used lab-grown cells, not to be confused with actual fetuses or babies.

I'm also very unclear on how one uses such a stance as a reason not to get a vaccine while choosing not to think about how making yourself a potential source of virus transmission could permanently harm or kill fellow humans, all of whom presumably were fetuses once.

Last edited:

92 Million does given, 1400 deaths from people after receiving a dose (some might have died anyways form other health issues), 1400/92000000 = .0000152 or .00152% , which is just shy of 100% safe.

That's misleading to reference fetal tissue in that way. The research process for these vaccines used lab-grown cells, not to be confused with actual fetuses or babies.

I'm also very unclear on how one uses such a stance as a reason not to get a vaccine while choosing not to think about how making yourself a potential source of virus transmission could permanently harm or kill fellow humans, all of whom presumably were fetuses once.
Gosh, there are people on this board that I just wanna high five. Yeah I'm a little corny.

Reactions: TheBeav815

Really sorry about your brother.

Hope you're doing better. First mistake was trying to be a hero by not taking an NSAID. Ibuprofen and Tylenol OR Ibuprofen and Alleve would have headed off your symptoms and let you sleep and no it wouldn't have decreased the effectiveness of the vaccine. I get my second dose next week. I'll take an anti-histamine before the shot and then Tylenol and Alleve afterwards for at least 24 hours. There is nothing to be gained from not taking the precaution of pre-medication.
Wasn't trying to be a hero...got bad info...I'd of downed the whole bottle!!! Lesson learned!!!

ADVERTISEMENT