ADVERTISEMENT

OJ gets paroled

Dean Pope

Head Coach
Oct 11, 2001
Reportedly served in the easiest time prison you could ask for and acted like a big shot throughout his time there. But hey, at least he served some time.

Reactions: WHCSC
0104c80bbd8d3d8c8271336b085f49d7975939c460840c5fa52fb86719d628df.jpg

Reactions: katie99 and Bremser
Won't pay a dime to the Goldmans and is reportedly set to earn 100K+ annually from NFL retirement - and that can't be touched by the Goldmans. At least his life will be mostly hell for the rest of his time as he is a target when he's out and about.

Won't pay a dime to the Goldmans and is reportedly set to earn 100K+ annually from NFL retirement - and that can't be touched by the Goldmans. At least his life will be mostly hell for the rest of his time as he is a target when he's out and about.
I heard 25 grand a month from NFL. Is that right?

Reactions: dockentwo

Plus, he's got $5 mil socked away into some Screen Actor's Guild fund that can't be touched as well. Wish I had it so good. Poor baby. If he lives ten years he'll be doing alright.

One thing Simpson won’t have to worry about is money. While a 1997 civil suit ordered Simpson to pay $33.5 million in damages to the Brown and Goldman families, his NFL pension (estimated by Sports Illustrated to be as much as $25,000 a month) and a smaller pension from the Screen Actor’s Guild are both protected from creditors. A Goldman family attorney told the New York Post that Simpson has only paid “six digits” so far.

I watched the 30 for 30 series over the last couple weeks not even knowing he was up for parole today. Feels so surreal.

Anyone else watch the 30 for 30 series? Tinterviews with the two jurors were quite good, especially Juror #2. I had also never heard Johnnie Cochran's closing remarks in full before. Wow.

ADVERTISEMENT