Oil reserves at 40 year low, gas prices skyrocketing again!!

lolwat

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
^^ the buy and EV groupies are the lowest of the low.

Hiw you charging if living in an apartment? Just fill up with the charging stations?

What a douche

Yeah, if your apartment doesn't have charge stations in the parking/garages, charge at a charging station. 1/3 to 1/2 in Omaha are free so you park there. I'd guess because you might go in to their store and buy something.

lolwat

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
Solid answer for a useless liberal. Buy an EV. Go green!! Can't charge it because the power grid can't support it. RollingLaugh

I was gonna leave the grid alone but Imma bring this thing down tonight. Sorry not sorry. I gotta get to the outlet mall tomorrow.

RatTailGuy

Junior
Feb 19, 2022
Yeah, if your apartment doesn't have charge stations in the parking/garages, charge at a charging station. 1/3 to 1/2 in Omaha are free so you park there. I'd guess because you might go in to their store and buy something.
Lol, do you do that?

Or do you do from the convenience of home?

And what if someone is already in the spot?

Go to a Different store or wait it out?

Elitist have all the answers but zero of the problems they tell the people below them to “deal with/figure out”

clown

lolwat

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
Lol, do you do that?

Or do you do from the convenience of home?

And what if someone is already in the spot?

Go to a Different store or wait it out?

Elitist have all the answers but zero of the problems they tell the people below them to “deal with/figure out”

clown

Welp.. I charge at home 95% of the time but thats just because I put it there. But if you are a dipshit that waits until you have 1% battery I dunno man. In your bullshit hypothetical you could do a few things. If the person still at their car, hey bro, you are in the one and only spot at the place I had the biggest hard on to be at 1:30 today..I have no where else I can go because I can't deal with anything because I'm kind of a bitch.. my smooth brain is struggling... how much longer you have on this charger?

Go to one that is paid and don't be a free loader, you'd have to pay at home anyway. Dozens of reasons to not be the victim here. Lemme know where the gas is free but you have to wait 15 minutes before you can get it.

Do you need a map and a person to plan your day for you? Have you changed your underwear recently?

Have at it. Let me guess. You want to go to missouri valley.

Last edited:

Laner2

Offensive Coordinator
Dec 27, 2007
The Hurtling Moons of Barsoom
Welp.. I charge at home 95% of the time but thats just because I put it there. But if you are a dipshit that waits until you have 1% battery I dunno man. In your bullshit hypothetical you could do a few things. If the person still at their car, hey bro, you are in the one and only spot at the place I had the biggest hard on to be at 1:30 today..I have no where else I can go because I can't deal with anything because I'm kind of a bitch.. my smooth brain is struggling... how much longer you have on this charger?

Go to one that is paid and don't be a free loader, you'd have to pay at home anyway. Dozens of reasons to not be the victim here. Lemme know where the gas is free but you have to wait 15 minutes before you can get it.

Do you need a map and a person to plan your day for you? Have you changed your underwear recently?

Have at it. Let me guess. You want to go to missouri valley.

Ya, that's great, but how's that working for you driving from Omaha to Vail?

Laner2

Offensive Coordinator
Dec 27, 2007
Quit acting like you even have a car. You have 6 DUIs on your BMX alone. Your stupid ass blacks out and peddles up to the gas station for some black and milds and you’ve been popped multiple times. A cop had to save you once from drowning in a mud puddle you filthy piece of trash
Jeezus, this is almost a haiku! Well done!

1Ramsker3

Walk On
Sep 24, 2017

CO2?

Reactions: LegendaryFrechFry

corvettez06

Senior
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2007
Omaha
Assuming you give a shit about CO2 - EV's charging from coal plants still put off significantly less than burning gas.

But if you care about gas prices its significantly cheaper to run.
What do you consider significant? After all you want the coal plants shutdown as well correct? I think alot maybe not you have this false sense that an EV vehicle does not contribute CO2 when it does.

lolwat

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
What do you consider significant? After all you want the coal plants shutdown as well correct? I think alot maybe not you have this false sense that an EV vehicle does not contribute CO2 when it does.

I'm very well aware an EV contributes CO2. The EPA has a site you can see and compare to regular vehicles, that factors in zip code and how electricity is generated. If I get to live in fantasy land, what I personally would like to see is a decentralized grid with affordable hail resistant solar roofing for most homes/buildings. I would like to see homes and office buildings generate at least 50% of their own power. Not only would the grid be far more resilient but we would need less work out of the big power plants. The big power plants imho should be mostly for industrial/manufacturing purposes.

Last I was in our car yesterday it was at about ~1100 miles and per the app we are at $34 of charging which has been at home. That's mostly mixed Omaha and short interstate runs. At 20mpg that's about 55 gallons of gas to cover 1100 miles, or about $200 in premium at ~$3.79 a gal. So about $165 cheaper so far, assuming it replaced a 20mpg vehicle (it did).

A

anon_qczsdwtnv6esw

Plug in millions of new EVs the dummy left wants you to drive and get back to me. Lol
Such a forward thinker aren't you? You want new ideas to fail because you cannot embrace change because you are 70 year old white boomer. Im sorry you cant run your cell phone on gasoline!!

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
Yahoo Finance

Gas prices in California 'are retesting their 2022 highs,' pushing up national average​

Dani Romero
·Reporter
Tue, October 4, 2022 at 2:22 PM

Gas prices in California are heading painfully higher once again, sending the national average up for the second straight week to over $3.80 per gallon.
The average price for a gallon of gas in California was $6.41 on Tuesday, according to AAA, roughly $0.03 short of the record set in June. In Los Angeles County, the average price for a gallon of gas was $6.46 compared to the national average of $3.81.
Don't worry citizens of CA. Just plug in your EV's. Oops. Never mind. Just walk!! Laughing

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
Such a forward thinker aren't you? You want new ideas to fail because you cannot embrace change because you are 70 year old white boomer. Im sorry you cant run your cell phone on gasoline!!
You're the boomer stupid. Not me. You would think at this point in your life you would have gained some wisdom by now. No such luck for you huh Herky.

jbt25

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Apr 27, 2010
Another major spike today thanks to Joe OPEC cutting production.

First President in a long time who hasn’t supported energy independence policies and taking strides toward only against

Reactions: Bobfather

corvettez06

Senior
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2007
Omaha
I'm very well aware an EV contributes CO2. The EPA has a site you can see and compare to regular vehicles, that factors in zip code and how electricity is generated. If I get to live in fantasy land, what I personally would like to see is a decentralized grid with affordable hail resistant solar roofing for most homes/buildings. I would like to see homes and office buildings generate at least 50% of their own power. Not only would the grid be far more resilient but we would need less work out of the big power plants. The big power plants imho should be mostly for industrial/manufacturing purposes.

Last I was in our car yesterday it was at about ~1100 miles and per the app we are at $34 of charging which has been at home. That's mostly mixed Omaha and short interstate runs. At 20mpg that's about 55 gallons of gas to cover 1100 miles, or about $200 in premium at ~$3.79 a gal. So about $165 cheaper so far, assuming it replaced a 20mpg vehicle (it did).
Do you pay any extra vehicle tax when licensing a new EV or yearly taxes like a gas guzzler tax some vehicles fall under. Since you are not going to pay the gas taxes that goes to the roads how are they taxing your vehicle still driving on the roads but not contributing to gas taxes that help fund the roads? Honest question for you or any other EV owner. I understand we don't have enough EV on the roads to make it an issue as of now but the gov is going to come looking when that tax revenue starts a decline.

• Love
Reactions: RatTailGuy

lolwat

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
Do you pay any extra vehicle tax when licensing a new EV or yearly taxes like a gas guzzler tax some vehicles fall under. Since you are not going to pay the gas taxes that goes to the roads how are they taxing your vehicle still driving on the roads but not contributing to gas taxes that help fund the roads? Honest question for you or any other EV owner. I understand we don't have enough EV on the roads to make it an issue as of now but the gov is going to come looking when that tax revenue starts a decline.

I have to pay the normal sales tax for purchase, the registration fee for the stickers.

There is sales tax on the electric bill and sales tax at the public chargers.

I think the easiest way is to collect at the public chargers like it's collected at gas pumps. As an alternative they could also make an odometer statement part of filing income tax.

Reactions: corvettez06

Laner2

Offensive Coordinator
Dec 27, 2007
I have to pay the normal sales tax for purchase, the registration fee for the stickers.

I think the easiest way is to collect at the public chargers like it's collected at gas pumps. As an alternative they could also make an odometer statement part of filing income tax.
The discussion of how EVs currently and in the future will cause significant environmental damage can wait, as can any silly discussion of how lithium batteries are highly toxic and cannot be recycled. So the whole concept of EVs as currently constructed are a dead end. But hey! We can hold that discussion for later.

I intend to buy an EV once they are powered by unobtainium. Dat shite's da bomb!

• Love
Reactions: RatTailGuy

RatTailGuy

Junior
Feb 19, 2022

Collect from the poors always the elites answer. Not my issue not my problem

SomedayHusker

Senior
Oct 26, 2019
Omaha
I like that Biden used the oil reserves...was a good move.
Energy behemoth? Lowest emergency reserves in 40 years? We had about 230 million people in 1985. We have around 330 million now, with about the same number of oil barrels in our emergency stash. Do you have any sort of real answer for why any of this is good?

LegendaryFrechFry

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 1, 2022

CO2?
Tony Heller. Youtube.

lolwat

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
The discussion of how EVs currently and in the future will cause significant environmental damage can wait, as can any silly discussion of how lithium batteries are highly toxic and cannot be recycled. So the whole concept of EVs as currently constructed are a dead end. But hey! We can hold that discussion for later.

I intend to buy an EV once they are powered by unobtainium. Dat shite's da bomb!

Every time you post this kind of bullshit it makes me feel like a shill for EVs. But what you have here just isn't true.

"Any battery that is no longer meeting a customer’s needs can be serviced by Tesla at one of our service centers around the world. None of our scrapped lithium-ion batteries go to landfilling, and 100% are recycled."

Just say "I don't like electric cars" but you can cut the shit on the rest.

SomedayHusker

Senior
Oct 26, 2019
Omaha
Cry some more, bud. If we need more oil, we will just buy some, bud
Except Biden’s been draining the emergency reserve instead, the opposite of what you’re saying. Then you said draining the reserve is a GOOD idea??? So wtf are you actually talking about you walking idiotic contradiction? How about a non-troll response this time?

“According to legislation already in place, the amount of oil in the reserve could fall to as little as 238 million barrels by 2028.[11] This will be a 67% reduction to the oil in the reservoir since 2010”

Laner2

Offensive Coordinator
Dec 27, 2007
Every time you post this kind of bullshit it makes me feel like a shill for EVs. But what you have here just isn't true.

"Any battery that is no longer meeting a customer’s needs can be serviced by Tesla at one of our service centers around the world. None of our scrapped lithium-ion batteries go to landfilling, and 100% are recycled."

Just say "I don't like electric cars" but you can cut the shit on the rest.
Undated piece by Tesla.com huh? I'm sure they're objective.

Let's try an artie dated 3 Aug 22.....

"Currently, the only EV battery material worth recycling is cobalt. That leaves lithium, manganese, and nickel, among a host of other materials that may not be economically recyclable or require additional processing that drives cost. That’s not only bad for the environment since there is a ton of leftover material, it’s also bad for recyclers because unless there’s a buyer lined up for lithium and manganese, they could be out of luck."

Look, I know you're not stupid. But you are a lying sneak so you've got that going for you.

RatTailGuy

Junior
Feb 19, 2022

"Currently, the only EV battery material worth recycling is cobalt. That leaves lithium, manganese, and nickel, among a host of other materials that may not be economically recyclable or require additional processing that drives cost. That’s not only bad for the environment since there is a ton of leftover material, it’s also bad for recyclers because unless there’s a buyer lined up for lithium and manganese, they could be out of luck."

Look, I know you're not stupid. But you are a lying sneak so you've got that going for you.
I’m sure there is an incentive for the elite for polluting. Only in the poors area

lolwat

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016

Sure everything that doesn't align with your thinking isn't "objective" ..just a bad source.. fake news.. and anything that does fit your narrative is good to go right? Elon and EV's have plenty of detractors out there. Plenty of people who will say 'it isn't worth doing' but he does it anyway.

Telsa doesn't put the materials back on market. They reuse them for their own purposes. It's in their reports for share holders and other places. Other places take the whole battery and do things like put it in solar farms. The batteries are also lasting much longer than the car around it so far. Keep fishin though.

Last edited:

Laner2

Offensive Coordinator
Dec 27, 2007
Sure everything that doesn't align with your thinking isn't "objective" ..just a bad source.. fake news.. and anything that does fit your narrative is good to go right? Elon and EV's have plenty of detractors out there. Plenty of people who will say 'it isn't worth doing' but he does it anyway.

Telsa doesn't put the materials back on market. They reuse them for their own purposes. It's in their reports for share holders and other places. Other places take the whole battery and do things like put it in solar farms. The batteries are also lasting much longer than the car around it so far. Keep fishin though.
Save your talking points for a Leftie.

Good for Tesla. Now about that article that deals with the vast majority of lithium batteries......

I'll wait.

lolwat

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
Save your talking points for a Leftie.

Good for Tesla. Now about that article that deals with the vast majority of lithium batteries......

I'll wait.

I'm not going to have a link off with you. The batteries are lasting longer than the car around it. Recycling the battery includes more than just pulling the materials back out. Recycling also includes taking good cells and repurposing them. Most battery packs when the car around it is scrapped have about 80% usable capacity left. When Tesla recycles one that can't be used for other things they don't send any of it to a landfill. I am sure there are some batts that do make it to a landfill, from cars, cell phones, laptops, and whatever else. But they can be recycled or repurposed and a lot of it is.

SomedayHusker

Senior
Oct 26, 2019
Omaha
Bud, it's a good thing. You're acting like a petty alarmist right now. If we need to refill the reserve, we will just buy more.
This is what I expected because I have really low expectations of you. You can’t even begin to explain why it’s a good thing to empty an emergency reserve. Just troll responses. Carry on, bud.

jbt25

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Apr 27, 2010
good thing that reserves are so low with so many potential crises around the corner which is what RESERVES ARE FOR!!!!

Trying to bribe Venezuela and Saudi’s to produce more dirty oil makes zero sense unless your argument for clean energy is a complete lie and fraud which of course it is

ALL BY BIDEN FAR LEFT PUPPET DESIGN

Laner2

Offensive Coordinator
Dec 27, 2007
I'm not going to have a link off with you. The batteries are lasting longer than the car around it. Recycling the battery includes more than just pulling the materials back out. Recycling also includes taking good cells and repurposing them. Most battery packs when the car around it is scrapped have about 80% usable capacity left. When Tesla recycles one that can't be used for other things they don't send any of it to a landfill. I am sure there are some batts that do make it to a landfill, from cars, cell phones, laptops, and whatever else. But they can be recycled or repurposed and a lot of it is.
I get why you want to avoid the article.