ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State predicates their season by demolishing us in the first game

Will they be disappointed? Does Scott Frost make that leap?
I would feel like we had a shot to win if they had Haskins at qb vs Fields. Fields is 10x better. Georgia is hating themself right now for losing him. His 2019 highlights are ridiculous. So thinking we lose by 21+ cuz of his ability and they really do a good job using him. No anti 2029 husker thoughts but he is a handful.

I'm not talking about just Ohio State winning. Their whole season is based on playing for a national championship. To be considered, they have to wipe out the lower schools. And today we are part of the lower schools. I just want to know if we're going to play competitively under coach Scott Frost.

It's tough to consider because there's going to be a "1" on either side of a hyphen beside Nebraska's name at about 2:45 on Saturday, but the Huskers can lose this game and still show serious improvement.

Nebraska is currently a 26-point dog. The only games this weekend with bigger spreads are Clemson over Syracuse and BYU over Texas State. For a little added reference, Appalachian State was only a 33-point dog versus Michigan in 2007.

Factor in the 41-point margin of defeat last year and it's not looking real good. I'm not sure if an upset would be historic, but it'd at least be very significant. I'm hopeful regardless, but I'm also trying to be realistic to some degree - GBR!

Reactions: bigboxes
I'm not talking about just Ohio State winning. Their whole season is based on playing for a national championship. To be considered, they have to wipe out the lower schools. And today we are part of the lower schools. I just want to know if we're going to play competitively under coach Scott Frost.

no

I can see us staying within the 21 point spread. I can see OSU winning this thing 42-21. Now Fields gets injured or gets the rona, we could have a legit chance to steal this one.

Absolutely we must knock Fields out of this game to have a chance. We need another Braxton Miller moment early in the game.

Reactions: CatColumbia
I can see the Husker offense putting up a much better fight than last year. No idea how the defense is going to stop them though.

Will they be disappointed? Does Scott Frost make that leap?

this is exactly what I want and hope for. I hope the OSU players and staff are all thinking they will just absolutely demolish us and our Huskers will suck like last year and start looking ahead to the PSU game the following weekend.

That’s what you call a trap game. We all seen upsets left and right this season....can our Huskers be the next team to do it? I will not predict the game nor will I say we will win or any of that. But college football has been full of upsets thus far...;)

It remains to be seen if Frost can get out of his own way on game day. Hoping for the best, but not holding my breath.

Will OSU turn the ball over more than once?
Will OSU punt more than twice?

Need a big fat yes to both of those questions just to keep this game "close"

Any given Saturday.
This right here. Before the season started, nobody thought Miss St would go into Baton Rouge and beat LSU. Nobody thought KSU would go to Norman, 2 weeks after losing to Ark St, and beat the Sooners. Few if any thought the Noles would beat UNC on Saturday. Anything can happen. Its why college football is the greatest sport on earth.

Reactions: ssmill777 and WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT