ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State Line: NU +27.5

hedonistimpulse

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 29, 2018
Lincoln, NE
Big spread. Anyone jumping on Nebraska to cover?

Fyi, Bama beat TAMU with their third-year HC by 28 a couple weeks ago in a game with a 17.5 point spread.

I'm all in on the Huskers. 45 - 41. Jimbo is overrated. He was smart to get away from FSU and get paid by TAMU though. That worked out nicely.

after this offseason, I think Day may have grown a bit of an affinity for DONU, so I think he'll call of the dogs in the 3rd. They'll make it to 50. If we can run with a little success we could get to 24.

Reactions: HuskerO
Die hard Husker who has seen 440 games in person. That being said....

Rumors were earlier that Ohio State has been practicing all summer. They have 11 potential NFL players on offense. We have a young defense. If this is any better than 56-17 I will be surprised. I'll be surprised if OSU punts. Maybe OSU turns it over 3 or 4 times. Maybe they will watch the film of last year's game and come in unmotivated. Maybe they aren't fired up with no fans and the noon start. I just hope we don't get embarrassed. If we win I will be celebrating for weeks.

Rumors were earlier that Ohio State has been practicing all summer. They have 11 potential NFL players on offense. We have a young defense. If this is any better than 56-17 I will be surprised. I'll be surprised if OSU punts. Maybe OSU turns it over 3 or 4 times. Maybe they will watch the film of last year's game and come in unmotivated. Maybe they aren't fired up with no fans and the noon start. I just hope we don't get embarrassed. If we win I will be celebrating for weeks.

the more and more I think about it, I’m actually glad we catch them game 1 (and I’m definitely glad we catch Wisconsin game 2 since they are breaking in new WRs, new RB and QB). I’m really hoping OSU is focusing more on the PSU game and looking past us. Assuming we won’t be very good again this year. We very well could surprise them (and no, I’m not saying we win but we could keep it close like we did 2018 when we lost 36-31 at a packed OSU stadium).

Last edited:
I don’t even care and no sir, I won’t touch it. I have learned at a young age. You never bet against or for the Huskers.
I'm very similar - absolutely no money spent on gambling with the Huskers. I still do the ESPN College Pick 'Em and auto pick NU with a confidence of 1 regardless of who they're playing and the year....I always minimize the potential pain and just hope for the W.

If I was going to gamble on this game though, I think I'd pick Nebraska to cover. Not solely because of me being a fan of Nebraska, but because of it being the first game of the season for both teams, aOSU has kids on their team that remember beating NU by 41 last year and know PSU is lurking in week 2 so their prep probably isn't exactly like it would be against a team that played them tough last year, the empty stadium, the forecast is conducive to NU having access to its entire playbook, and what we've seen around CFB early this year. If Mizzou can beat LSU and Arkansas can beat, and they did despite the final score, Auburn, Nebraska can play aOSU to a 21-point loss.

Long story short, moral victories are for losers, but Nebraska has to beat the spread on this one or it's going to be a suckfest all around Husker Nation despite the experts giving us all a chance to prepare for a beatdown by saying the Huskers lose by 3+ TDs.

We (OSU) are thin at DT until we get some players back. Test the middle of our line. I know you lost some players on the DL. What does your back 7 look like on defense?

Reactions: shocksker
We (OSU) are thin at DT until we get some players back. Test the middle of our line. I know you lost some players on the DL. What does your back 7 look like on defense?
They're all projected first rounders ............. I think, tell Day he better not play Fields and see if Bauserman has extra eligability left due to covid.

I don’t even care and no sir, I won’t touch it. I have learned at a young age. You never bet against or for the Huskers.
I've never understood betting against your favorite team? You're either rooting against your favorite team or rooting against your money.

I know betting against Nebraska in 2017 (Riley's last year) would have won you a lot of money & I know Husker fans that would bet against Nebraska that year, but again, why? For as much as I hated Bo & wanted him gone, I would never bet against him while he was at Nebraska.

Reactions: arf_man
I've never understood betting against your favorite team? You're either rooting against your favorite team or rooting against your money.

I know betting against Nebraska in 2017 (Riley's last year) would have won you a lot of money & I know Husker fans that would bet against Nebraska that year, but again, why? For as much as I hated Bo & wanted him gone, I would never bet against him while he was at Nebraska.
it's an emotional hedge. huskers win, you lose your bet but you're happy. huskers lose, adding to your kitty might take a bit of the sting out of it.

I’ve bet in favor of Nebraska twice the past couple of seasons. 0-2. Purdue last year and at Purdue a couple seasons ago. 21.5 is a lot of points.

-24.5 on my site. This is an easy OSU cover.

Look, if this wasn't the team we loved but instead say a team comparable to NU...we would all be loving OSU to win by 40.
Yea I’m with you. Still, +30.5 on a tease is awfully tempting haha.

Have to think the o/u will land somewhere in the 60s, too, right?

They're all projected first rounders ............. I think, tell Day he better not play Fields and see if Bauserman has extra eligability left due to covid.
Mel Kiper Jr. needs to update his first round draft board. Bauserman is not allowed in the state of Ohio (not COVID related).

If you can do a tease and get that number down as opposed to up, and if you want to make money, and if it doesn't bother you to vote against us, that would seem the wiser bet to me.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I’ve bet in favor of Nebraska twice the past couple of seasons. 0-2. Purdue last year and at Purdue a couple seasons ago. 21.5 is a lot of points.
Yeah you definitely could have made a small fortune betting against Nebraska the past 2 seasons as well... 😢

it's an emotional hedge. huskers win, you lose your bet but you're happy. huskers lose, adding to your kitty might take a bit of the sting out of it.
Not for me I guess. Huskers win, I'm still sad because I lost money. Huskers lose, yes I win money but I'm still sad we lost.

If I had to pick between the two I would rather the Huskers lose than me losing money, but then I'm going into the game rooting against my Huskers.

If I bet on an Iowa game I always bet against them. When they cover it gives me yet another reason to hate Iowa. 😋

Reactions: SWIowahawks

Yeah...I have a hard time seeing OSU's totals being over 45 but that would put NU's totals at 20.5 or 21.5. Which seems high for them.

Man, give the good guys some credit! You guys do remember the year before when we went into OSU? 36-31 2nd half comeback by OSU. 1st round draft pick QB to go along with 3 top 5 picks on defense( Bosa, Young, Okudah) amongst several nfl draft picks. Arnette another first round CB. Mclaurin and Campbell WR’s who are NFL starters. We know they have good players but they DONT have those guys atleast as veterans! Their RB is not as good as Dobbins. Martinez was a freshman, healthy. He will be healthy come the 24th. GBR!

42-20 doesn't seem out of question. I think when people see +21.5 it sounds crazy but it really isn't. Last year was 48-7 is 41 pt loss....22 is almost cutting that in half.

With that said. Gimme GBR

This is spot on unfortunately. I've seen this song and dance all too often.

Reactions: vs540husker
I wouldn't bet on Nebraska covering, but I would bet the hell out of the over.

1. Scoring is up all over college football, and even great defenses are struggling.

2. Ohio State will score at will on the Huskers.

3. Ohio State has 7 new starters on defense including a very raw interior of their defensive line. From a matchup standpoint, you're looking at Wilson, Farniok, and Jurgens, with 68 career combined starts facing 2 new D-tackles with 0 starts.

To make a long story short, I think Nebraska will have some success moving the football vs Ohio State, at least a lot more than last season.

ADVERTISEMENT