ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State coach apologies for late score.

PO1 Mike

Junior
Gold Member
Aug 22, 2004
Who is he trying to convince. He said he would have taken a knee at the end but he had a young QB in the game and didn't think he had the right personnel in the game to take a knee. Do you really need a special group of players in the game to take a knee? Not to mention they were snapping the ball with 15-20 seconds left on the play clock. He said he would call Frost to apologies. That's a call I would not listen to. He did everything he could so they could score again to impress the pollsters.

Give a break. He could have taken a knee. He did not. He wanted to score. We should have stopped them from scoring anyway but our defense sucks.

Reactions: Redblood23
Osborne would have taken the knee

Didn’t take long to find this. 77-28 win. We scored on a 39 yard PASS with 0:38 left.

Didn’t take long to find this. 77-28 win. We scored on a 39 yard PASS with 0:38 left.
They beat us 19-0 the next year interestingly enough. Power dynamics can change quickly.

I don’t know why it matters and I don’t want an apology. Yeah it’s classy to take a knee but sometimes you don’t want to.

Who is he trying to convince. He said he would have taken a knee at the end but he had a young QB in the game and didn't think he had the right personnel in the game to take a knee. Do you really need a special group of players in the game to take a knee? Not to mention they were snapping the ball with 15-20 seconds left on the play clock. He said he would call Frost to apologies. That's a call I would not listen to. He did everything he could so they could score again to impress the pollsters.
Actually, this is the right thing to do for the Husker Victim Nation. There have been a lot of triggered fans reacting to what he did to Scott’s weak little program. A financial donation and some additional awareness should also be considered.

I don't care that he did it. But, show some sack and don't apologize 10 minutes later. That's chickenshit.

Reactions: MelWest
Who cares if a last second td changes it from an ass-whooping to a full on shit-canning? It’s a total loser’s mentality to worry about this sort of thing, we showed some flashes but we got a few bad whistles and couldn’t avoid mistakes. They’re more talented and seemingly more disciplined. We showed we can hang for a bit but not there yet. 7 points at the end of the game changed nothing unless the line ever reached 28+ which I’m not aware of but that would be a real kick in the nuts.

That TD covered the spread. A lot of folks were very interested.

Screw Day for apologizing. He did it, and knew what he was doing.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
We did everything we could to let them score. I don't blame Day at all. You can tell he was hesitant in even calling that play. But it was 4th down and the clock wasn't going to run completely out. He was trying to go for the first down but got a touchdown because our defense couldn't stop them. Day had every right to run that play and he has no need to apologize.

Reactions: CatColumbia
We did everything we could to let them score. I don't blame Day at all. You can tell he was hesitant in even calling that play. But it was 4th down and the clock wasn't going to run completely out. He was trying to go for the first down but got a touchdown because our defense couldn't stop them. Day had every right to run that play and he has no need to apologize.
They scored on 1st down.

ASU Coach Snyder accused TO of running up score when we put up 70+. He got revenge a year later when he goose egged NU and its new QB, a guy named Frost. Some day we can hopefully do more than cry when this happens, but for the past 15+ years we have seldom been good enough to extract revenge. 45-17 or 52-17. Who cares which one and if the team cares, let’s see what they do about it for a change.

They scored on 1st down.
It was 4th down from what I remember and it was awkward timing where they couldn't completely run the clock down if they didn't get the first. So they either had to try to go for the first, or purposefully turn the ball over which I'd never expect another team to do.

It was 4th down from what I remember and it was awkward timing where they couldn't completely run the clock down if they didn't get the first. So they either had to try to go for the first, or purposefully turn the ball over which I'd never expect another team to do.
It was first down. They converted 3rd and 3 the play before to get to the 2.

Day wouldn’t be apologizing in the scenario you incorrectly remember.

Osborne did take a knee in 1983 against UCLA when he had the ball inside the five with seconds to play and a 42 - 10 lead.

This conversation reminds me of our first B1G game against Wisconsin and we were down like 48 - 14 with minutes to play and had the ball inside the 5 yard line and failed to score, and immediately following the game there were posters on this board complaining that Wisconsin didn't do the sportsmanlike thing and let us score.

Rambo is right. It was 1st and goal at the 2. I don’t know how to link it, but you can go to ESPN website and see the drive charts on the box score and it shows it. Still doesn’t bother me. I really didn’t think anything of it at the time.

Actually, this is the right thing to do for the Husker Victim Nation. There have been a lot of triggered fans reacting to what he did to Scott’s weak little program. A financial donation and some additional awareness should also be considered.
Iowa sucks.

Reactions: OzzyLvr

I feel like either Turman audibled or Vedral had a read on his route to take advantage of the defense. It's been discussed before that Osborne told them to not score and they took it into their own hands to do so.

Reactions: bmb81664
Osborne did take a knee in 1983 against UCLA when he had the ball inside the five with seconds to play and a 42 - 10 lead.

This conversation reminds me of our first B1G game against Wisconsin and we were down like 48 - 14 with minutes to play and had the ball inside the 5 yard line and failed to score, and immediately following the game there were posters on this board complaining that Wisconsin didn't do the sportsmanlike thing and let us score.
Throw in having Turman take a knee to end the 1996 Fiesta Bowl after Jay Sims was tripped up near the goal line on a long run.

It was the sportsmanlike decision to show Florida mercy.

Reactions: bmb81664

Day has nothing to apologize for, regardless of what down it was. It was their backup players. It's not like he called a trick play with his starters still in.

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
Osborne would have taken the knee
Osborne never had to convince a playoff committee that he should be in the playoffs. I get don’t throw deep, but I have no problem with continue to run plays. Up to our defense to make a stop. If our D-end Or OLB does his job and contains on the qb keeper around there left side a few plays before, they never get inside the 10. We may not be quite as low as Kansas of the Big Eight, but we aren’t much above that if we are reduced to complaining about someone running up the score on us.

That TD covered the spread. A lot of folks were very interested.

Screw Day for apologizing. He did it, and knew what he was doing.

It was a nice cover! And face it, those guys know that all their fans put some cash on the game...A win and a cover...that makes your fan base really happy!

ADVERTISEMENT