ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio St -15

Similar spread last year too in fact i think osu was favored by 21 last year at their house. These guys will be pumped for the night game.. i believe they can win!

18 according to 2019 Phil Steele’s publication.

I would have guessed a -21 to -24 opening line.

This one is begging for Nebraska money. Could be closer than everyone thinks. GBR
I think the early line this summer was Ohio State -6. So this line shows how impressive Ohio State looks and how disappointing Nebraska looks. But for some reason, they didn't want to move it too far. It may be due to how badly we beat Illinois in the final stats.

Vegas is usually pretty close-duh. My biggest concern is if things go sideways, OSU will go for style. I’m sure they have a chip by being entrenched at 6 ...especially behind Georgia and LSU

Ohio State game will definitely cover 18 points. This is going to be a beatdown for the ages.

Reactions: MitchLL
You sound like the Illinois fans all last week...

But one things for sure, Ohio State won’t spot us 3 turnovers and 21 points. We’re going to have to earn every inch against those guys.

For some reason (not due to game day) this game reminds me of ‘07 USC. We have a punchers chance but I’m expecting us to give up 45+ points.

Reactions: SC_'sker
But one things for sure, Ohio State won’t spot us 3 turnovers and 21 points. We’re going to have to earn every inch against those guys.

For some reason (not due to game day) this game reminds me of ‘07 USC. We have a punchers chance but I’m expecting us to give up 45+ points.

Imagine if we spot them 4?

Adrian needs to play really well to keep us in the game. We need to force at least a couple of turnovers.

I would never endorse doing such a thing but our fans acting like Celtics fans when the Lakers came to town could help.

Reactions: Top_Gun_
I guess we'll see. No one ever expected the game last year to be close. We're better now than then. The game is at home under the lights. Who knows.

Remember when 4-8 Nebraska went into Ohio and gave them a hell of a game as 22 point dogs?

At home, night game, memorial rocking, I think we cover and if we don't kill ourselves with turn overs have a punchers shot at taking it. Remember Ohio has played no one besides Illinois, so this will be their best test.

So debbies, let us not get down. Show up, be loud, wear red and hopefully we do what the media thought we could do coming into the year.

Well said HuskerBangGeek, getting tired looking at these negative posts. A bunch of babies on this board sucking the fun out of watching Husker football.

Let's look at one of college football's best teams as of late-Clemson: 2017 unranked Pitt beats them (at home), In 2018 outranked Syracuse beats them. But heaven forbid the Huskers keep it withing 28 points of OSU, give me a freaking break. I hope a bunch of high profile recruits are reading this board (sarcasm) about how much fan support we have here. Instead of posts about how we COULD beat them or if we don't turn the ball over 5 times etc. it's mostly doom and gloom BS. I'm not saying you can't criticize or scrutinize the team but at what point did we become the pushover whiner fans of the Midwest?

Reactions: Jhollenbeck41
The line will probably change. At 15 or 15.5, it's an easy bet where to put a bunch of money. If that starts to happen, you'll see the line change to discourage it. The line really has little to do with the game. We're talking about late teens / early 20 year olds: These games are all about skill, preparation, and emotion. Any given day, gentlemen, anything can happen. I doubt tOSU gives Nebraska a beat down. It looks terrible for the conference to do that anyway.

city kid goes to visit grandparents on the farm

2 days in, notices the screen door open/closing at 4:45am

"grandma, where's grandpa go so early each morning?"

"o, justin fields"

Remember when 4-8 Nebraska went into Ohio and gave them a hell of a game as 22 point dogs?

At home, night game, memorial rocking, I think we cover and if we don't kill ourselves with turn overs have a punchers shot at taking it. Remember Ohio has played no one besides Illinois, so this will be their best test.

So debbies, let us not get down. Show up, be loud, wear red and hopefully we do what the media thought we could do coming into the year.

If OSU hasn't played anyone who have we played?
FPI has:
52 Cincy. OSU trounced them
53 Indiana OSU trounced them
55 CU blew 17 point lead
85 Illinois Comeback. They lost to Eastern Michigan the week prior who beat Central Connecticut the last 10 seconds Saturday. Illinois will be favored in 1 game the remainder of the season.
99 NIU. Likely to finish top 70s if they get to their 6.5 win projection.
125 South Alabama. Struggled against them. Projected to win 1 more game for a 2-10 record.

Not necessarily. I think Ohio State is better this year than last. I also think they just played a poor game against us last year. Took us too lightly. They won’t this year.
I don't buy it. They were coming off a loss, had a bye week, and were listening to doubters all week and then they came out and nearly lost to us because we played our best game of the year. We just beat a team on the road with -3 in turnover margin, -70 in penalties, and minus about 300 in the kicking game but we were +400 in yardage... we have the talent to beat OSU if we play well and get some bounces...like we have to be +2 in turnovers, have to get some huge plays, and need to keep the score low because our kickoff game is awful...the yardage that is siphoned from us in kickoffs makes my hair fallout. I believe we had a look ahead game against Illinois and still won...OSU is likely to take us less seriously this year than last to be honest so I think we keep it close. Their qb has no experience in close games, and ran away from his last gig...great talent but there is no evidence yet that he can play well with pressure.

I don't buy it. They were coming off a loss, had a bye week, and were listening to doubters all week and then they came out and nearly lost to us because we played our best game of the year. We just beat a team on the road with -3 in turnover margin, -70 in penalties, and minus about 300 in the kicking game but we were +400 in yardage... we have the talent to beat OSU if we play well and get some bounces...like we have to be +2 in turnovers, have to get some huge plays, and need to keep the score low because our kickoff game is awful...the yardage that is siphoned from us in kickoffs makes my hair fallout. I believe we had a look ahead game against Illinois and still won...OSU is likely to take us less seriously this year than last to be honest so I think we keep it close. Their qb has no experience in close games, and ran away from his last gig...great talent but there is no evidence yet that he can play well with pressure.
OSU has circled this game all off season. I can assure you they're taking it very seriously. If anything, OSU took Nebraska less seriously last year and it almost cost them. This time Nebraska has their full attention.

I hope you are right. I don’t think you are.

OSU has circled this game all off season. I can assure you they're taking it very seriously. If anything, OSU took Nebraska less seriously last year and it almost cost them. This time Nebraska has their full attention.

I would tend to agree with you about last season, but I keep coming back to Urban Meyers comments after the game, in particular when he said that Nebraska is a team that nobody in the country wants to play right now. Coachspeak is pretty obvious, and he wasn't doing it. Ohio St played a great game and nearly lost.

As far as Saturday goes, I doubt Nebraska wins but it will be closer than the line suggests.

Amazingly I think Ohio st is actually better than last year. I think we are worse at this point vs when we played them last year. I agree I want to be positive, but I am a very realistic logical person and everything is pointing to this being a blowout.

Well sir, I don't think so. The Blackshirts are way, wayyyy better than they were a full year ago. However, it's true that the kicking game is way, wayyyy worse. :)

Also, our current OLine, imo, is much better than where we were a year ago. Oh, they're still marginal "but" they are improving I think.

Lastly, if we can somehow keep the turnovers under control we might keep give them a game. It could happen.

Last year's OSU defense was horrible and the entire defensive coaching staff, other than DL coach Larry Johnson, were replaced by Day. The defense looks much improved, but the Huskers are going to be the first real test of the year for them.

Yup, our O is just not far enough along. We’ve got a few good pieces, but it’s not enough. And our spec. teams is hurtin. Ultimately we’re staring at a 20-30 point loss.

OSU fan here - This match up/spread concerns me. Nubs looks like it has some very good skill guys on offense with the potential to burn OSU for big plays (which often happened last year but has not recurred this year due in part to weak competition). Nubs appears to be highly mistake prone in terms of turnovers, penalties and missed opportunities but I think they also have an extremely high ceiling compared to most of the BIG. If Nubs puts it all together, they can play with OSU or even beat them. However, if the mistakes persist as seen at Colorado/Illinois, OSU could run away big.

OSU fan here - This match up/spread concerns me. Nubs looks like it has some very good skill guys on offense with the potential to burn OSU for big plays (which often happened last year but has not recurred this year due in part to weak competition). Nubs appears to be highly mistake prone in terms of turnovers, penalties and missed opportunities but I think they also have an extremely high ceiling compared to most of the BIG. If Nubs puts it all together, they can play with OSU or even beat them. However, if the mistakes persist as seen at Colorado/Illinois, OSU could run away big.

Washington, Mills, Wandale and Spielman are legit...

I am gonna tease this at game time +29 in a 10pt teaser. I think we show up, even if Nebraska loses, and makes this fun to watch! GBR

Reactions: Top_Gun_
Last year's OSU defense was horrible and the entire defensive coaching staff, other than DL coach Larry Johnson, were replaced by Day. The defense looks much improved, but the Huskers are going to be the first real test of the year for them.
Yep, their offense is always lethal but like you said, it's their defense that's the difference from last year. With that said, however, they haven't played anyone yet in the atmosphere they'll be in on Saturday night. Not sure which way to bet on this one but the game should tell a lot about both teams.

Yep, their offense is always lethal but like you said, it's their defense that's the difference from last year. With that said, however, they haven't played anyone yet in the atmosphere they'll be in on Saturday night. Not sure which way to bet on this one but the game should tell a lot about both teams.

I believe is OSU is going to win decently easy, but NU can make it a game for awhile it will be a huge benefit. The crowd is going to be amped early and if we score or get a few stops that crowd is going to be nuts.

Debbies? Your a clown

I believe is OSU is going to win decently easy, but NU can make it a game for awhile it will be a huge benefit. The crowd is going to be amped early and if we score or get a few stops that crowd is going to be nuts.

It doesn’t matter how good a fight is put up in the 1st or 2nd quarter all anyone is going to remember is the final score and whether it’s a W or an L.

Moral victories are for losers.

Blowouts are worse and anything 20 pts or more losing by is a blowout.

Reactions: MitchLL
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT