ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio AG contemplating Lawsuit

Practically speaking, as the conference continues to sit on its collective ass, what is the BIG going to do if Ohio State decides to play as full of a non-con slate as they can, in order to attempt to

1) Make the CFB playoffs
2) Play for a NC
3) Preserve the chances of post-season awards for their players (i.e. attempt to not destroy their own recruiting)

Would the BIG pretend they're going to kick them out?

Ohio State will land wherever they want to, and get paid.

Reactions: dailybuck777
B1G Governors

illinois - jb pritzker (democrat)

indiana - eric holcomb (republican)

iowa - kim reynolds (republican)

maryland - larry hogan (republican-never trumper)

michigan - gretchen whitmer (democrat)

minnesota - tim waltz (democrat)

nebraska - pete ricketts (republican)

new jersey - phil murphy (democrat)

ohio - mike dewine (republican)

pennsylvania - tom wolf (democrat)

wisconsin - tony evers (democrat)

Last edited:
@gw2kpro

In my opinion:

1. Ohio State would not be kicked out.

2. The league would lay claim to all revenues gained by OSU and probably levy other sanctions.

3. OSU is not leaving the B10 under any circumstance.

Last edited:
They'd better be careful, they could cause the whole lot of the children at ESPN to breakout into a collective hissy-fit. Desmond throwing temper-tantrums, Kirk hyperventilating through his tears, Pollack staring blankly into the camera not having a clue as to what's going on, I mean what's next?

I had actually brought this up a few weeks ago asking if schools had any leverage to sue the B10 over lost revenue due to their decision of canceling the season (while a select group of teams wanted to play).

The consensus from the HOL board is that it would do no good - guess Ohio's AG sees things differently than all the super smart people on here :)

Reactions: OzzyLvr
The consensus from the HOL board is that it would do no good - guess Ohio's AG sees things differently than all the super smart people on here :)
I believe that Yost would need the approval of the OSU Board of Trustees in order to proceed with a formal lawsuit. If so, it would be the Board's call whether or not to litigate. I would be interested to see the legal grounds if the case goes forward.

I had actually brought this up a few weeks ago asking if schools had any leverage to sue the B10 over lost revenue due to their decision of canceling the season (while a select group of teams wanted to play).

and to tack it on, would the broadcast networks also have grounds to sue based on their lost revenue as well. not as much ad revenue when the conference isnt putting out live content.

and to tack it on, would the broadcast networks also have grounds to sue based on their lost revenue as well. not as much ad revenue when the conference isnt putting out live content.
After the fact, sure. They'd have to prove that audiences in the big10 footprint are smaller and directly led to a loss of revenue, which wouldn't be hard, but it would also risk losing the media rights in the future to competitors by doing so.

ADVERTISEMENT