ADVERTISEMENT

Oh MY! Vikings!

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
that sucks for the Saints.....Vikings didn't deserve to win that but I'll take it.

Horrible DB play on that catch.

If anything, wait for him to catch it and tackle him, rather than trying not to get a flag or something.

Last edited:
Credit to Diggs not only for the catch, but for not going out of bounds. Every instinct is saying get out of bounds and give your kicker a chance, but he realized the Saints had whiffed on the play.

Their only chance was a TD. The tackler whiffed like you said. The receiver just kept is balance with his hand and went all the way. Very unbelievable! Great game indeed.

Horrible DM play on that catch.

If anything, wait for him to catch it and tackle him, rather than trying not to get a flag or something.

I don't completely agree. The defender launched himself in a direction the receiver didn't go. Instead, he should have stuck to basic tackling 101. Always trying to make SportsCenter with the hard hits.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
I don't completely agree. The defender launched himself in a direction the receiver didn't go. Instead, he should have stuck to basic tackling 101. Always trying to make SportsCenter with the hard hits.
Peyton said they were in an "outside zone" meaning absolutely no letting them out of bounds. He overplayed the sideline and whiffed. Still bad form, head down diving at the receiver. Diggs is such a bonehead I wish it could have been somebody else to catch it but whatever. Still can't believe that happened. Stadium still full of people I think.

Reactions: saluno22
The Jeff Fisher bowl is next week - Keenum vs Foles.

I'm happy for Keenum. As a Texans fan, I thought he got a raw deal in Houston and wanted him to succeed. I'm happy to see him having success in Minnesota. Great play by Diggs to maintain his balance, turn up field and score.

Reactions: saluno22
If Diggs goes out of bounds after the catch, it’s about a 53 yard FG attempt like the one made earlier. Quick thinking not to do that, because as you’re coming down with the ball it’s hard to imagine there’s going to be nothing but open field in front of you.

When I saw the close up slow mo replay where you could see his face I think he was afraid of possibly interfering with him, getting a flag, and giving the Viks another play. Jimmie Johnson just said the same on the post game show.
Zero situational awareness on his part. That looked so bad it almost looked like he did it on purpose.. smh

you want him to catch it, then you tackle him, then the game is over. unbelievably bad play

Reactions: Redblood23
Zero situational awareness on his part. That looked so bad it almost looked like he did it on purpose.. smh

I think the situation is exactly why he did what he did. He was trying to take the sideline away and have the clock run out assuming he caught it. Unfortunately for him he took his own teammate out.

Michael Strahan said in the postgame that it’s so easy to judge on video but not running full speed.

If Diggs goes out of bounds after the catch, it’s about a 53 yard FG attempt like the one made earlier. Quick thinking not to do that, because as you’re coming down with the ball it’s hard to imagine there’s going to be nothing but open field in front of you.

I thought it was the last play of the game. No time left. Was there really time to kick a FG? I was amazed at the play. Just I was in Brees and the Saints (should've been) winning drive. Unbelievable.

I thought it was the last play of the game. No time left. Was there really time to kick a FG? I was amazed at the play. Just I was in Brees and the Saints (should've been) winning drive. Unbelievable.
Yes if Diggs steps out of bounds or gets knocked out, there's about 3 seconds left and the FG try would have been just over 50 yards. I'm sure that's exactly what the Vikes were hoping for, but got a much better outcome this way.

I think the situation is exactly why he did what he did. He was trying to take the sideline away and have the clock run out assuming he caught it. Unfortunately for him he took his own teammate out.

Michael Strahan said in the postgame that it’s so easy to judge on video but not running full speed.
exactly correct. NFL full speed is measured in nanoseconds and somebody posted earlier that he was trying to avoid the PI and after watching the replay again I think that may have been right now too. Definitely he was trying to execute the defensive play call in any case and he just blew it. Feel bad for the guy. He'll live with that one his whole life.

Reactions: newAD
Will this finally be the year for the Vikings? They get a break a miracle, I remember the push off by drew Pearson to beat Minnesota and a missed easy chip shot field goal against the falcons. Maybe just maybe this is the Vikings year
Would be amazing to make the Super Bowl, this year especially as it is being played at US Bank Stadium.

Peyton said they were in an "outside zone" meaning absolutely no letting them out of bounds. He overplayed the sideline and whiffed. Still bad form, head down diving at the receiver. Diggs is such a bonehead I wish it could have been somebody else to catch it but whatever. Still can't believe that happened. Stadium still full of people I think.
I always find the celebration/reaction interesting on a psychological level. Rip off the helmut and strike an angry pose, as opposed to just being crazy happy. Maybe I will try that if I win the lottery. Step out of the Casey's, throw my wallet/checkbook and strike an angry pose.

exactly correct. NFL full speed is measured in nanoseconds and somebody posted earlier that he was trying to avoid the PI and after watching the replay again I think that may have been right now too. Definitely he was trying to execute the defensive play call in any case and he just blew it. Feel bad for the guy. He'll live with that one his whole life.

He will likely need a new start somewhere else.

Yeah, they “completely” dominated the game, except for the second half and needed a miracle to win. Other than that, yeah, they dominated. Laughing

Butt hurt... enjoy watching Minnesota play in the SB this year. Laughing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT