ADVERTISEMENT

Oh my. Michigan did what to Wisconsin in basketball?

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
43 to 6 run against a top 10 ranked Wisconsin team. Ended up cruising to a 24 pt win. We lost to Michigan by 11 and led in the second half IF I remember correctly.

Juwan Howard is a first rate coach. He may be better then Bielien.
First rate recruiter and motivator. In basketball especially talent trumps coaching. I don't think there's any doubt he's better than what they had. The question is, how long til they get nailed for recruiting violations?

Reactions: StinManSker
Wow. Considering the major scoring drought WE put Wisconsin through during our game, I’d say they have some big time offensive consistency issues.

43 to 6 run against a top 10 ranked Wisconsin team. Ended up cruising to a 24 pt win. We lost to Michigan by 11 and led in the second half IF I remember correctly.
Early on a few wiscy flops and no call against Michigan player. Not sure why Michigan got the treatment we are all looking for! I turned it off and it was close...:wow

First rate recruiter and motivator. In basketball especially talent trumps coaching. I don't think there's any doubt he's better than what they had. The question is, how long til they get nailed for recruiting violations?
maybe not. i could see a lot kids wanting to play for him, regardless of bag men.
when donovan left okc, i was hoping juwan would get a call.

Reactions: dinglefritz
They had an interesting little chyron on espn after the game.

Michigan has now beaten 3 ranked teams in a row by 19+.

First team in ncaa history to do that.

Go Blue!

My only disappointment was that Michigan took its foot off the gas late in the second half. Was hoping the margin in this beatdown might reach 50.
Early on a few wiscy flops and no call against Michigan player. Not sure why Michigan got the treatment we are all looking for! I turned it off and it was close...:wow
College basketball officials seem to have finally had enough of Brad Davison's crybaby act, because he's not getting calls like he once did. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Michigan's guards take him to the woodshed last night.

I thought Michigan would be pretty good this year, just because Isiah Livers was back, but Howard has assembled a really good team around him.

How in the Hell was Mike Smith second-team All-Ivy League last year? He's a huge addition for Michigan.

I thought Michigan would be pretty good this year, just because Isiah Livers was back, but Howard has assembled a really good team around him.

How in the Hell was Mike Smith second-team All-Ivy League last year? He's a huge addition for Michigan.

Michigan basketball has added a handful of obscure transfers from smaller schools the last few seasons that have gone on to be terrific Big Ten players. Its bizarre.

Wait until you see what he brought in for next year.
This was EXACTLY why they hired him and now the only worry is if he takes an NBA job.

By all accounts he couldve had the Lakers job when he took the Michigan job. I think he's a wolverine lifer.
Yeah...I wonder and this is just a guess, if he is thinking Bulls and/or Pistons. But who knows.

I think in the end he will retire at Michigan and probably sooner than people think ONLY because the dude is already crazy rich. Once he has a final four or NC as a coach, he might ride off.

Michigan basketball has added a handful of obscure transfers from smaller schools the last few seasons that have gone on to be terrific Big Ten players. Its bizarre.
True, although Smith led the Ivy League in scoring last year and went for 30+ points five times. Made me wonder what he would have had to do to make the first team.

True, although Smith led the Ivy League in scoring last year and went for 30+ points five times. Made me wonder what he would have had to do to make the first team.
I told you guys several times last year how good Ivy League basketball was last year and I got ridiculed. I watched multiple Harvard games either in person or on Hulu and the play was outstanding by some teams and players. The officiating was old school IMO. No they didn't get every call right but man they were so much better than the B1G officiating. They actually call travels. Fun to watch. Amiker had a top 10 recruiting class a couple of years ago and this past year his best player IMO was an underclassman. They can get the kids because while they don't offer athletic scholarships IF you're a first generation college student. immigrant or minority, you go to school for free regardless of extracurricular activities. IF you're considered a disadvantaged student, academic requirements are lowered considerably.

There are multiple Ivy League grad transfers playing bit time basketball this year. Meanwhile the Ivy league cancelled all team sports and only allow a fraction of their students on campus. Stupid.

They had an interesting little chyron on espn after the game.

Michigan has now beaten 3 ranked teams in a row by 19+.

First team in ncaa history to do that.

Go Blue!
Only 2 types o' people use the word "chyron" - and I don't see your horns.

Juwan Howard is a first rate coach. He may be better then Bielien.

Which means he is waaaay better Hoiberg! When I said Nebraska should have gotten Tyrone Lue...this is why.

I think his connections with AAU coaches, being a KNOWN commodity to high schools and parents, former players who are coaching in high school circuits...oh and coaching LeBron and winning a NBA Championship may have made him a bigger get than Howard.

Not to mention if he would have won here i think he would have been a LIFER, The fans and Moos got who they wanted tho...

Which means he is waaaay better Hoiberg! When I said Nebraska should have gotten Tyrone Lue...this is why.

I think his connections with AAU coaches, being a KNOWN commodity to high schools and parents, former players who are coaching in high school circuits...oh and coaching LeBron and winning a NBA Championship may have made him a bigger get than Howard.

Not to mention if he would have won here i think he would have been a LIFER, The fans and Moos got who they wanted tho...
I think most people assumed Ty didnt care at all about Nebraska and never would have wanted the job. Then an article came out (clearly from Lue's camp) that he wanted the job after Miles was fired. I remember being shocked, never knew he thought that much about NU. But by that time Hoiberg pretty much had the job. I would have liked to get Ty Lue but he was a much bigger gamble than Fred never coaching the college game.

Lue, you would imagine, would be able to recruit close to how Penny and Juwan are recruiting. I say that only because both of those guys are the most recent comparisons. Lue might have even more pull but at a worse school.

Think how many times Lue could be recruiting a kid when all of a sudden, just by "dumb luck" Lebron james facetimes in to say hi.

I think Howard's done a great job so far at Michigan. But I'm gonna go way, way out on a limb and say that he inherited a much better situation from John Beilein than the shit show Hoiberg walked into.

I think Howard's done a great job so far at Michigan. But I'm gonna go way, way out on a limb and say that he inherited a much better situation from John Beilein than the shit show Hoiberg walked into.
For sure, but with crazy high expectations as well. Michigan fans were a bit uneasy with him last year, but I think this season and the classes he is bringing in are shutting them up.

Now it will be. interesting to see who takes the Indiana job which is probably opening up at the end of the season.

They will BEG brad stevens but unless he and his family just hate hate hate Boston, there is no chance.

Reactions: TheNewNU
For sure, but with crazy high expectations as well. Michigan fans were a bit uneasy with him last year, but I think this season and the classes he is bringing in are shutting them up.

Now it will be. interesting to see who takes the Indiana job which is probably opening up at the end of the season.

They will BEG brad stevens but unless he and his family just hate hate hate Boston, there is no chance.
You think Archie Miller's getting the boot at the end of this season? I think IU sticks with him for now, but you could be right.

You think Archie Miller's getting the boot at the end of this season? I think IU sticks with him for now, but you could be right.

The fans hate him and all of a sudden miss Tom Crean (who had them doing pretty well), Plus Purdue keeps kicking the shit out of them which doesn't help. I am not sure if Archie has beaten Purdue yet.

They want to make a run at Chris Beard who coached under Knight at TT. The problem is, Knight and Indiana are not on the best of terms and Beard pretty much loves TT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT