ADVERTISEMENT

Oh How I Wish for a Homecoming to the Big 12

BleedRed78

Blackshirt
Oct 22, 2019
Conference Realignment - teams return to Big 12 minus OK and UT?

I know it won't happen because of our master that is the almighty dollar...but maybe there could be a way? Texas A&M would have to be a lock for sure, and maybe another big name or two. I just hate the B1G, although if things shift toward more of an NFL league type of layout, it's one of the two conferences to be in. Oh how I wish for a return to a conference with a shared culture of the Midwest that the Big 12 represents. Surely money could still be made...but not likely.

I know it won't happen because of our master that is the almighty dollar...but maybe there could be a way? Texas A&M would have to be a lock for sure, and maybe another big name or two. I just hate the B1G, although if things shift toward more of an NFL league type of layout, it's one of the two conferences to be in. Oh how I wish for a return to a conference with a shared culture of the Midwest that the Big 12 represents. Surely money could still be made...but not likely.
Lol why would Texas A&M be a lock to move to what would likely be a non-power 5 conference.

Reactions: huskerbay
OU and Texas leaving the Big12 is exactly why we went to the BIG, it wasn't a matter of IF they left, it was a matter of WHEN. The leftovers of the Big12 isn't where we want to be. I just wish we could put together a good run here in the near future. When Nebraska starts competing for Division titles, the BIG will feel like the right place.

Sorry but you're living in dreamland if you think the Big 12 could ever convince any big name teams to rejoin it once Texas and Oklahoma leave. Texas and Texas A&M to swap membership? Not snowball's chance in hell of that happening.

Either the Big 12 is disbanded OR it becomes a non-P5 conference. That's the real world.

Reactions: huskerfan1414

There would be no guarantee of success if Nebraska found their way back with the remaining teams of the soon to be depleted B12. As others have stated here, Nebraska needs to start living up to expectations and win a lot more games, that will help ease the anguish of Husker football as it exists today.

Reactions: ADV1
I have a astronomically better chance of dropping a turd formed in the shape of Texas than Nebraska (or any other team P5 conference team) electing to join the smoldering stench of a landfill which is the Big12.

I just hate libtard land that is pedoville big ten. Culture will never line up, especially as our state makes a push to become even more conservative than it had already been. More akin to OKST than Kansas even tbh. I think if they brought back Nebraska, Mizzou, A&M, maybe Colorado, and perhaps even add UCF, Cincinnati, Houston and BYU, it could be a pretty good league. Both competition and financially.

Of course we need to start winning again regardless. But will we actually survive culturally within the B1G as political things move forward as they are?

Reactions: huskerfan1414

Wow!!

I’ve always dismissed those that said Nebraska had a desire to return to the Big 12. I mostly heard it from the Big 12 leftover schools, so just assumed it was a desperate attempt to try and prop up the Big 12.

I’ve never heard a Mizzou fan even entertain the idea of returning to the Big 12. Maybe the SEC is just that much better for Mizzou than the Big 10 is for Nebraska.

However it was that Mizzou ended up in the SEC, it’s undeniable that Mizzou is one of, if not the biggest, winner in conference realignment.

200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: nu2u

Really Really dumb idea and take on that. Sorry.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
Nebraska gave electoral votes to Biden and Obama. You want to repeat that phrase about becoming more conservative again?
I seen political signs for biden and that crazy dim lady who was running for mayor, in omaha around 180th & center..
where did these freaks come from? I'd suggest deporting them to north korea so they can get all their fill of communism, asap.

• Love
Reactions: BleedRed78
to me the stench of the big 12 was 0u and tu...that's been removed..the OP has a good point.
They are also where most of the tv contract negotiating power resided. Without them, THe Big (8) will move down to be a group of 6 (vs 5) leaving a Power 4 (vs 5)

They are also where most of the tv contract negotiating power resided. Without them, THe Big (8) will move down to be a group of 6 (vs 5) leaving a Power 4 (vs 5)
I'd like to throw in a late disqualifier at this point....the remaining big 12 voted for everything the whorns and zero u wanted...so maybe it wouldn't be a good idea being involved with them.

I just wanted to get 4 or 5 decent texas recruits a year..this recruiting detroit and cleveland for recruits is the pits.

it is kinda sad how tv markets control everything, and the winning doesn't matter..
tcu has beat ut 8 out of the last 9 games, and I think kstate pretty much owned ut on the feild...
and they get nothing for that...

it is kinda sad how tv markets control everything, and the winning doesn't matter..
tcu has beat ut 8 out of the last 9 games, and I think kstate pretty much owned ut on the feild...
and they get nothing for that...

This almost sounds like a capitalism sucks meme.

• Haha
Reactions: TheNewNU and nu2u
This almost sounds like a capitalism sucks meme.
I guess it's more a calvinist common good view, then a ary rand anything for a dolla view.
there's a difference. the marxist left and ary rand right are both pretty messed up.
I'm more about the biblical capitalism calvin established and America was founded on...

Some of Nebraska's angst with the B1G is self-inflicted. Bo's antics, Eichorst (or was it Moos?) being dismissive of Iowa, "get us now while you have a chance", "they will have to change to compete with us", we don't like your rules so will bluster about finding our own games to play on a national stage, and all that. Like two posters said above...pull your pants up, put your heads down and become competitive in the league and things will take care of themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: nu2u and BleedRed78
The B12 sucks giant donkey balls.

Any remaining B12 member who doesn't already have a contingency in place to this predictable happening deserves exactly what they get.

Last edited:
Reactions: jflores
I just hate libtard land that is pedoville big ten. Culture will never line up, especially as our state makes a push to become even more conservative than it had already been. More akin to OKST than Kansas even tbh. I think if they brought back Nebraska, Mizzou, A&M, maybe Colorado, and perhaps even add UCF, Cincinnati, Houston and BYU, it could be a pretty good league. Both competition and financially.

Of course we need to start winning again regardless. But will we actually survive culturally within the B1G as political things move forward as they are?
Derp

If I ever wish to slash my income, move into a broken down house, start driving a bucket of bolts, wear tattered clothes, and eat from a garbage can, I will then be able to relate to this.

• Haha
If I ever wish to slash my income, move into a broken down house, start driving a bucket of bolts, wear tattered clothes, and eat from a garbage can, I will then be able to relate to this.
I've actually done this in a sense. No regrets.

The Big 8 died in '96 and it gave way to the inevitable doom for the 5 slaves that weren't able to figure it out.

Now they are without a paddle and I'm laughing. The same clowns who bashed NU relentlessly. The same simpletons whom sided with the Sir Robin's from '96 on. These past 10 years were a smokescreen. They bought it like they always did from the "Sir Robins". They are seeing reality for the first time.

Just desserts and karma for a never more deserved group.

There goes Brave Sir Robin! Fleeing from Kansas and Iowa St!

Last edited:

I feel your grief.

I despise the Big Ten and everything it stands for.

However, with the latest news, we are probably in an ok spot for the interim.

IF the SEC goes on to morph itself into it's own league, then we will have to cross that bridge at that time.

We better work on getting better in the mean time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT