ADVERTISEMENT

Oh boy, Hal Daub wants 3 players off the team (UPDATE with Pres. Bounds comments: page 2, post 52)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBRhuskers

Junior
Jul 15, 2016
If merged, so be it but it'd be nice if the subject title is included in the post that gets merged.

I'm not a fan of Regent Daub representing the University like this. Chancellor Green is now in a very difficult position, as is Eichorst. I sure hope someone grabs our "leaders" in to a room and figure this out. I'm not a fan of what the three players did, nor am I a fan of what other athletes are doing however, it is their right. Regardless of how much it irks me, at least at this point in time, they have a right to do this.

With that said, as others have mentioned, this decision is creating more controversy. Who it's helped remains a mystery, till further notice.

If these 3 players are removed from the team I promise you I will not renew my 4 tickets and will protest every home game.I stand for the National Anthem in memory to those who gave their life for this country,but that is how I roll to each their own.

I stand and sing the National Anthem ALWAYS! Hal Daub is just an old hasbeen. Someone please send him a copy of our constitution. Four generations of my family have military service in this great nation.

D-disgraceful
A-American
U-utter
B-bastard

MRI did this the "Nebraska Way". He talked to his teamates, and coaches first.

I do not like what is being done, but respect it.

Daub made us look bad.

Which was predictable? the Shitstorm? Or a member of the BOR making us look bad in response?

Either probably in my opinion...

The shit storm. Wasn't sure exactly what path it would take, or who the figures were going to be, but the final score was a gimme. Fans are spilt, and regardless of the player quotes you've read you know some of them are pissed, IE-spilt. What a crappy situation.

Reactions: Kliggett and Dave3
By the way, in an interview with the World-Herald Daub now says he did not say they should be kicked off the team. He says he does not know what kind of punishment, if any they should face.

I get a kick out of these threads. I just read all of these responses. It's ok to have an opinion as long a you agree with it. If not then damn you.
I don't agree with the cause, but I also see no needed ill effects. The protests would have ended at CK had no one even brought it up.

Protests only gain traction when people feed them.

Reactions: jeans15
I don't agree with the cause, but I also see no needed ill effects. The protests would have ended at CK had no one even brought it up.

Protests only gain traction when people feed them.

I don't care if they protest BUT I don't think it should be on company time. I also have a question for those that are trying to make a statement. What are you doing in your spare time to help change things or do you just want to do it while you're on TV.

I don't care if they protest BUT I don't think it should be on company time. I also have a question for those that are trying to make a statement. What are you doing in your spare time to help change things or do you just want to do it while you're on TV.
As they say, the pink shirts on breast cancer awareness day isn't a direct help. Now, I agree with company time, but the players did ask permission first, so is it really on them at this point?

It put Riley in a tough recruiting spot, which is probably the reason he agreed to begin with.

We wouldn't be at this point though had people just ignored it to begin with back when CK did it.

So someone on the other side of the aisle who used to live in a hole in Korea during a war got offended and went knee jerk. And people here want the man who actually saw some stuff to shut up.

Sorry everyone knew this was gonna happen. It was a bad idea in the first place.

Season is over bring on basketball.

As they say, the pink shirts on breast cancer awareness day isn't a direct help. Now, I agree with company time, but the players did ask permission first, so is it really on them at this point?

It put Riley in a tough recruiting spot, which is probably the reason he agreed to begin with.

We wouldn't be at this point though had people just ignored it to begin with back when CK did it.
They put him between a rock & a hard place. I'm tired of people being political all the while they are on the clock, then if they get in trouble from their boss they cry foul.

Not time to kick anyone off the team, especially since at least one of the 3 players cleared the action with the coach, from what I hear. You'd have to go higher up the ladder! On the other side, you don't necessarily have a "right" to be on a team. If the coach had told them "don't do that," and they did it anyway, then sure they could be kicked off, or made to sit a game or whatever. The coaches and university admin will have to make the calls. So far nothing has gotten too far out of hand, hopefully it won't. I'm sure Riley doesn't like wasting time on all this though.

Michael Rose Ivy did not cause this "shit storm " the ones bitching about him kneeling are.

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with that, but I understand others will feel differently. I also don't think one single thing will change for the better for what he's doing, and when you compare what it brings in controversy versus what it brings in solutions or whatever, it's a bad investment. Insult somebody's mom, take his gun, mess with the anthem or his favorite football team, and crap will follow and most of it bad.

So someone on the other side of the aisle who used to live in a hole in Korea during a war got offended and went knee jerk. And people here want the man who actually saw some stuff to shut up.

Sorry everyone knew this was gonna happen. It was a bad idea in the first place.

Season is over bring on basketball.
Season is over? Are you trying to make the dumbest post ever on this site? The people who are making this an issue are people like you. You want this to be a distraction and you are trying as hard as you can to make it one. Unfortunately for you, this team is stronger than you want it to be and your efforts will come to naught. You don't care one whit about this team or any of the players on it anyway.

Reactions: 94husker
Daub is a fool. Athletes are doing this all over America.
I support MRI and those like him. Not just their free speech rights, but also their cause. If I were African American I would kneel too. To say this is just showboating or grandstanding just displays an ignorant white suburban point of view. Go live in our large urban centers as a poor black male. Then come back and bitch

Season is over? Are you trying to make the dumbest post ever on this site? The people who are making this an issue are people like you. You want this to be a distraction and you are trying as hard as you can to make it one. Unfortunately for you, this team is stronger than you want it to be and your efforts will come to naught. You don't care one whit about this team or any of the players on it anyway.

Your collectivist rear can go bark up another tree, emo. You don't know me.

If the team proves me wrong then good. I have my doubts after all this crap though.

Not time to kick anyone off the team, especially since at least one of the 3 players cleared the action with the coach, from what I hear. You'd have to go higher up the ladder! On the other side, you don't necessarily have a "right" to be on a team. If the coach had told them "don't do that," and they did it anyway, then sure they could be kicked off, or made to sit a game or whatever. The coaches and university admin will have to make the calls. So far nothing has gotten too far out of hand, hopefully it won't. I'm sure Riley doesn't like wasting time on all this though.
What time is Riley wasting on this? He said his piece yesterday and now the team is moving on and practicing. Some stupid comment by one regent who doesn't make athletic department policy isn't going to distract him or the team.

Daub is a fool. Athletes are doing this all over America.
I support MRI and those like him. Not just their free speech rights, but also their cause. If I were African American I would kneel too. To say this is just showboating or grandstanding just displays an ignorant white suburban point of view. Go live in our large urban centers as a poor black male. Then come back and bitch

I'm have lived there. My parents busted their humps to get us out of it.

America.....

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
What time is Riley wasting on this? He said his piece yesterday and now the team is moving on and practicing. Some stupid comment by one regent who doesn't make athletic department policy isn't going to distract him or the team.
Exactly. This is a nonissue for the team. MRI did what he did with coach permission. Time to move on

Your collectivist rear can go bark up another tree, emo. You don't know me.

If the team proves me wrong then good. I have my doubts after all this crap though.
Collectivist? Huh? What in the world are you talking about? Because I disagree with you that this is going to pose a big distraction for this team makes me a collectivist? You just won the award for the most bizarre and completely unnecessary connection between two things I have ever seen here.

I had a feeling this would end up being about something other than the intended message. That being said, im not a fan of the protest in a sitting manner, but at least kneeling can be seen as a form of reverence. In fact, I kneel often at mass showing reverence for the matter at hand...say that knowing some couldnt give a shit regardless...

heard Jay bilas say this past weekend that this country needs to have some frank and honest discussions about race, police force, and behavior. and boy, was that an understatement...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT