ADVERTISEMENT

Official Score & Something Oddly Specific

leodisflowers

Head Coach
Feb 25, 2011
North Carolina
R.3b07d08ded10fd9e2d85fbf1f3862a5e

Mother nature forces Sat to run the ball and we win. EJ with 121 and Dowdell with 75 yards. 35+ yard catch by Banks for a TD. If we don't we win have real problems......

Purdue is not a good football team. If we don’t run the ball well against them it will be a bad omen of a rough season ahead. Dowdell is good but he is inconsistent. Same for all of our running backs. None of them have consistently good vision for which crease to hit. So far this year we run well only when the line opens up obvious running lanes.

If our line blocks well in this game we should win comfortably. If they don’t it will be another close game. Because bad as they are, Purdue will score against our poorly schemed shit defense.

Purdue is not a good football team. If we don’t run the ball well against them it will be a bad omen of a rough season ahead. Dowdell is good but he is inconsistent. Same for all of our running backs. None of them have consistently good vision for which crease to hit. So far this year we run well only when the line opens up obvious running lanes.

If our line blocks well in this game we should win comfortably. If they don’t it will be another close game. Because bad as they are, Purdue will score against our poorly schemed shit defense.
I also wish Rhule would get out of this pro mentality of not trying to run it up. In CFB, style points matter and we need to hammer these teams if we have the chance. If we get up 40 fine, yank everyone, but we are not a good enough team yet to think even 21 pt lead in the second half is good. We've been burned way too many times.

I do agree PU is horrible, but we can't overlook anyone right now. If we play like we did against ILL on D, it is going to be a street fight. We can't give them any hope. We need to step on the gas early and continue it so they quit like they did against ND.

IF it’s a rain game, teams can sell out to stop the run. Just because it’s Purdue I wouldn’t make any prop bets on yardage if it gets sloppy. Don’t they have the crappy grass field? Can’t remember.

What’s your outlook if they win in dominant fashion?
I think we will going away. I actually think we will play better on the road than with all of the pressure and hype at home. But... if we do not win in dominant fashion a lot depends on the why. If we play solid defense but just have an "off day" on offense I think we are ok. But if we have another sub par defensive performance then that will be three games in a row and not a good sign.

Well until we prove otherwise that is the bar we have to set. All these 9-3 and 10-2 predictions by people pre season were just ridiculous. They listen to the sunshine pumping web sites and go brain dead.
7 or 8 is the ceiling imo. 6 would be progress, but would leave a lot of questions about the competency of the coaching staff.

34-17 Huskers

OL looks better
Multiple combinations of guys are tried out on the OL

Defensive play calling is more aggressive, but gives up a couple big plays
Nash has his first big game of the year

Good "growth game" heading into IU

How quickly we turn on them. Give them a chance, they’ve proven up until recently they’re pretty dang good.

8 would be a big achievement! If only 6 you’ll see a lot of people saying that is how rebuilding works under Rhule, you have to wait until year 3. I ask why must that same pattern be locked in?
It would be amazing progress but most people on this board won’t recognize progress and say it’s embarrassing that we’re celebrating 8 wins because we should be a national championship program

How quickly we turn on them. Give them a chance, they’ve proven up until recently they’re pretty dang good.
We were 5-7 last year and just lost another close game to a team we should have beaten. This is not “quickly turning” on anyone as if we have been doing well but have just hit a little bump in the road. We won games against 3 shit teams and then lost to the first team with a pulse. We have sucked for 8 years now. Longest bowl drought for any P5 team. So you say “up until recently they are pretty dang good”. No they have not been.

Those of us who are being critical of this staff after the Illinois loss have 8 years of reasons for being skeptical. 8 years of “it is a process! Give them time!”

Rhule needs to start winning games against good teams and not just teams that are everybody’s road kill. And until he does I will not cut him slack. He is the highest paid public employee in Nebraska. He is a rich man. He needs to start earning those millions by doing more than talk a good game.

We were 5-7 last year and just lost another close game to a team we should have beaten. This is not “quickly turning” on anyone as if we have been doing well but have just hit a little bump in the road. We won games against 3 shit teams and then lost to the first team with a pulse. We have sucked for 8 years now. Longest bowl drought for any P5 team. So you say “up until recently they are pretty dang good”. No they have not been.

Those of us who are being critical of this staff after the Illinois loss have 8 years of reasons for being skeptical. 8 years of “it is a process! Give them time!”

Rhule needs to start winning games against good teams and not just teams that are everybody’s road kill. And until he does I will not cut him slack. He is the highest paid public employee in Nebraska. He is a rich man. He needs to start earning those millions by doing more than talk a good game.
He doesn’t have to wait until year 3 because “that’s how he did at Baylor and Temple”. Why not wil this year

I also wish Rhule would get out of this pro mentality of not trying to run it up. In CFB, style points matter and we need to hammer these teams if we have the chance. If we get up 40 fine, yank everyone, but we are not a good enough team yet to think even 21 pt lead in the second half is good. We've been burned way too many times.

I do agree PU is horrible, but we can't overlook anyone right now. If we play like we did against ILL on D, it is going to be a street fight. We can't give them any hope. We need to step on the gas early and continue it so they quit like they did against ND.
So you're saying pu is pu?

Harsh …. but true.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I should have clarified that I was responding to your comment about our defense being crappy. I agree we have sucked for a long time but I was specifically mentioning that our defense has been pretty dang good under this staff until very recently. Give them a chance.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Well until we prove otherwise that is the bar we have to set. All these 9-3 and 10-2 predictions by people pre season were just ridiculous. They listen to the sunshine pumping web sites and go brain dead.
Exactly! Those predictions are pipe dreams. With the players that are healthy right now, I'm seeing 7 wins max. If we lose another key player or two, 6 might be a struggle.

I should have clarified that I was responding to your comment about our defense being crappy. I agree we have sucked for a long time but I was specifically mentioning that our defense has been pretty dang good under this staff until very recently. Give them a chance

I should have clarified that I was responding to your comment about our defense being crappy. I agree we have sucked for a long time but I was specifically mentioning that our defense has been pretty dang good under this staff until very recently. Give them a chance.
Thanks for the clarification!

Until a week ago, everyone was looking at two games (OSU and USC) and discounting the rest of the schedule.

Hell, until a week ago, there were a few on here that even had USC as a W with our only real challenge being OSU. We were playing in the conference championship game and going to the playoffs. Despite the fact that most of our starters would be second string at USC. Several probably wouldn't crack their 2 deep. But, you know, I'm probably just a troll who's bashing the team when I say that.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
this is going to be an important game. if we get off on the wrong foot here, this can really push the rest of the season's vibe down hill. The season is already 1/3 over with the back half being pretty difficult. I would also like to see a much stronger commitment to the running game, but have doubts that we will see that. I don't get the sense that the offense has an identity yet. The defense needs to shut down the run on Saturday.

No. We should not risk unnecessary injuries to our players by trying to run up style points. You also lose an opportunity to give the younger guys game experience, which pays off later. The W is all that matters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT