ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL RUTGERS TRAVEL THREAD

mcgradyNU

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 30, 2004
Maine
Hi All - this is going to be a big game in terms of attendance and there is a lot of quality info that has been shared in multiple threads over the last few months. I'd like to get it all into one if possible and keep it here for ease.

Some notes thus far:

1. Attire: I just was on the Rutgers site and unfortunately they are doing their Blackout for Michigan State and not us. This poses the interesting conundrum of us differentiating our crowd from theirs when we are both Scarlet heavy... would be nice if the University could figure out a way to coordinate something here, but not holding my breath. We are going to be a big crowd and I - and I am sure everyone - would love to have it look like Notre Dame did...

2. Visitor Sections: Based upon available tickets and feedback, Nebraska fans will be in sections 108-115... plan accordingly. HERE is the post from @JerseyHusker about tickets through his friend at www.tixcity.com.

3. Parking: @JerseyHusker - Any update on the tailgate/parking?

4. Hotels: For those of you traveling to our lovely state of NJ, myself and several others have suggested not staying near RU. Piscataway isn't too pretty, nor is New Brunswick. Jersey City, Hoboken, or Weehawken are great options with amazing access to NYC. I am a Hoboken resident and happy to assist with any further info here... we are also entertaining putting together a Friday night event for Husker fans if people are interested and think it would be a good idea. Feel free to tag me if you do want this to happen. Hoboken and JC are also walking towns so transportation outside of to and from the game is very easy.

5. Transportation to the game: Many options. NJ Transit trains run out of Hoboken Terminal and there is a station in Edison, NJ that is pretty close to High Point Stadium. We are going to hire a party bus as we have a pretty large crew.

Looking forward to this!!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News