ADVERTISEMENT

Official early signing day thread

Yea getting emotional at the table and walking off does give a weird vibe... almost has the same vibe as the kid last year ( I can’t remember his name but it was a kid who wanted to sign with I think the gators, but mom refused to sign off in that paper and walked out) I wonder if there is the same kind of situation where he wants to go somewhere but mom won’t let him.... or maybe he had told a coach he’d sign with them, then last minute things happened he changed his mind and was letting the old coach know he wasn’t signing and had a heart to heart with that coach.... I do not envy the position some of these kids are put it, it does have to be hard, but that’s why you need to be damn sure about your choice

I think we are out on Slusher. Not sure on Brown. But have a good feeling on Fleming and Francois. Although a CB came in for Miami on Francois. Either way we have addressed a lot of needs with this class.
I get the impression that Francois's mama wants him close to home.

How long before the administration empties the gym? These kids have chemistry to get to.

Yea getting emotional at the table and walking off does give a weird vibe... almost has the same vibe as the kid last year ( I can’t remember his name but it was a kid who wanted to sign with I think the gators, but mom refused to sign off in that paper and walked out) I wonder if there is the same kind of situation where he wants to go somewhere but mom won’t let him.... or maybe he had told a coach he’d sign with them, then last minute things happened he changed his mind and was letting the old coach know he wasn’t signing and had a heart to heart with that coach.... I do not envy the position some of these kids are put it, it does have to be hard, but that’s why you need to be damn sure about your choice
I think you might be thinking about Jamire Calvin

This a HUGE decision for these kids. It's life altering potentially. I'll cut them some slack and in this case he's getting pulled different directions and it sounds as if a family member is putting pressure on him to stay in Florida.

Im not blaming the kid. Just making an observation that there is always some drama on signing day.

Reactions: dinglefritz
even after a big decision there is a tremendous amount of 2nd guessing that goes on in one's mind ... not a good situation if family and recruit aren't on the same page ... high risk recruit if family might potentially float transfer etc anytime things don't go 1000% as planned

Jacob Copeland. Last year signed with Florida, mom didn’t like it and walked out the the gym in the middle of his announcement.
That’s the one I was thinking of.... this reminds me of that situation I feel like he wants to be N but mom isn’t having it

I don’t think it’s Mom, I think somebody pulled their offer last minute. He definitely wasn’t on the phone with his Mom!
what gives you the feeling that it wasn’t mom or family... or that someone pulled his offer... I’d seriously hope that if it was an offer pulled I hope it wasn’t Nebraska, to pull that kids offer at the last second like that would not be a good look... and would burn some serious in roads there... could you imagine being set to commit to a school and then right before you do it your offer got pulled.... ugh I feel horrible for that kid if that’s the case

Reactions: Wannabee8
Glad to see him back in there... no matter what the situation I feel bad for him you can tell it was a difficult conversation for him as he is still trying to wipe tears away

ADVERTISEMENT